ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions 2.4 and 2.5 - EEA family member without EEA4

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bdb303

Questions 2.4 and 2.5 - EEA family member without EEA4

Post by bdb303 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:30 am

I've been searching for quite a while now but I've still not found the definitive guide to filling out questions 2.4 and 2.5 - so any help is appreciated.

My wife is a non-EEA family member and will be applying without having obtained a EEA4 visa. So obviously we need to prove that she has obtained automatic permanent residence (by being married to me, an EU national who has been working in the UK over the last six years, and having residence in the UK). I understand that her employment history in the UK is completely irrelevant for this question.

Question 2.4 - Please state on what basis you were in the UK for the last six years. Is the 'basis' here that my wife was resident in the UK as a family member of an EU national? Do I include my employment history in this question?

Question 2.5 If you excercised treaty rights in employment please provide details. Given that I am the EU national that exercised treaty rights - should my employment details go in this section? Who is the 'you' referring to? What is really the difference between questions 2.4 and 2.5?

Thanks.

luk1c

Post by luk1c » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:45 am

Hi. I just did question 2.4 and NCS didnt say any think. She say is ok! Im EEA nation.

bdb303

Post by bdb303 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:28 pm

Thanks for the reply. Can any non-EEA family members shed any light?