ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Naturalisation: Married to BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MohiSid
Newly Registered

Applying for Naturalisation: Married to BC

Post by MohiSid » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:08 pm

Hello Experts,

I need some advise on applying for Naturalisation on the basis of married to a British Citizen.

My immigration history:

=> Arrived UK in July 2008 on HSMP visa

=> Received ILR in May 2013

=> Recently got married to a British Citizen

Based on the above information please clarify & advise whether I'm eligible to apply for British Citizenship now or need to wait till next year.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:06 pm

You can apply now so far as you meet the other requirements (click) including being physically present in the UK 3 years before the Home Office receive your application.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

MohiSid
Newly Registered

Post by MohiSid » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:31 pm

Hello Amber,

Thanks for the advice. Few more queries before I sum up my post.

Do I need/require any other document other than the ones listed below?

Document Checklists:

=> Passport
=> Life in UK certificate
=> ILR Biometric card
=> Partners Passport or Birth Certificate
=> Marriage Certificate

Also please recommend which is the most appropriate option to apply (NCS/Agent/Self).

Any suggestions/advise highly appreciated.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:34 pm

Also the fee page and use the NCS.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:32 pm

MohiSid wrote: Hello Experts,

I intend to apply for Naturalisation the coming week through NCS Hounslow (if I can get an appointment slot available) and need clarification on the below queries.

Query1:

Referee1: Finance Officer

=> Would like to confirm whether the above profession is accepted by UKBA (under Accountant category) and also whether I need to use his office address as he stays at the same home address with me.

Referee2: My Landlord, knows me for about 3years

Please confirm whether I'm ok to use the above references.

Query2

Residence Requirement for the last three years (applying on the basis of married to a British Citizen)

=> I was on vacation from 17 Oct 2010 till 01 Nov 2010, so if in case I cant get an appointment for next week, do I have to wait till first week of Nov 2013 to be qualified for residence requirement.

Many Thanks,
Sid
Ayyubi72 wrote:1. Finance officer of what? If he works in a VAT registered company then he can be a referee.

2. You must wait till first week of November.

MohiSid
Newly Registered

Post by MohiSid » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:48 pm

Thanks for the advise.

However in response to the second query, can you please confirm If I get an appointment for the week starting tomorrow should I proceed with the application or in either case must wait till November.

Many Thanks,
Sid

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:51 pm

You must have been physically present in the UK 3 years before the Home Office receive your application.

MohiSid
Newly Registered

Post by MohiSid » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:28 pm

Thanks Again.

(Correct me if I'm wrong) So if Home Office receives my application anytime before 17th Oct 2013 shouldn't that be fine/acceptable as I was physically present during that time in 2010.

Regards,
Sid

MohiSid
Newly Registered

Post by MohiSid » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:23 am

Hello Experts,

Could you please respond to my last query, based on your suggestion I'll decide on making an appointment with NCS today.

"If Home Office receives my application anytime before 17th Oct 2013 shouldn't that be fine/acceptable as I was physically present during that time in 2010."

Regards,
Sid

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:00 am

Yes so far as you meet the other requirements.

ima2012
Newly Registered

Post by ima2012 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:24 pm

Hi evryone
I intend to apply for naturalisation this month, I have got my BRP on 2nd October 2012, then I went for holiday in 14 october to 9 december 2012, then I went again for holiday in 6 july to 15 september 2013.
what do UKBA mean by no more than 90 days outside UK during the last 12 months? do they mean 90 days in one go or more?
or can I apply in this situation before 28 october?
Thank you very much.

MohiSid
Newly Registered

Post by MohiSid » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:42 am

Hello Experts,

After phoning few councils for NCS appointment it appears I'll only be able to apply for naturalisation after 28th Oct.

I have a query with regards to the requirement posted on UKBA website

"Speaking and Listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or its equivalent."

=> I have a Bachelors Degree in Commerce (Graduated from India)
=> Passed IELTS when initially moved to UK (Back in 2008)
=> Cleared Life in the UK test

Based on the above qualifications, do I still need to enroll myself for some courses to qualify?

Thanks,
Sid

MohiSid
Newly Registered

Post by MohiSid » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:07 am

Hello Experts,

Could you reply to my earlier query please?

Regards,
Sid

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:13 pm

Apply by post if there are no NSC appointments, get certified copies of passport from a solicitor or notary public if you need to keep them.

MohiSid
Newly Registered

Post by MohiSid » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:28 pm

Sorry Amber but its the below query that I need advise on;

I have a query with regards to the english language requirement posted on UKBA website

"Speaking and Listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or its equivalent."

=> I have a Bachelors Degree in Commerce [Graduated from India]

Based on the above qualifications, do I still need to enroll myself for a B1 level course to qualify for Naturalisation.

MohiSid
Newly Registered

Post by MohiSid » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:26 pm

Hello Experts,

Can someone please confirm whether I can submit my old IELTS certificate as part of UKBA new language requirement OR do I need to appear for a language test to be qualified?

Regards,
Sid

shahfor

The IELTS expiray

Post by shahfor » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:40 pm

MohiSid wrote:Hello Experts,

Can someone please confirm whether I can submit my old IELTS certificate as part of UKBA new language requirement OR do I need to appear for a language test to be qualified?

Regards,
Sid
Hi.
I am not an expert. Once I was told by UKBA that they do not consider the expiry for language exams and in 2010 UKBA accepted my certificate that was issued in 2000. Hope it is still the same.

Seems we have to wait for new forms but looks like people who have provided their language to the UKBA and it was accepted, provided it satisfies the B1 level, it satisfies the new UKBA's rules too.

zubbshah
Mood:
India

Post by zubbshah » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:33 am

If u've got a bachelor's degree from India. .that's more than B1 ...
well I have a degree from Mumbai uni and recently got it verified from naric...takes bout 10 to 12 days....and that bcom degree is equivalent to a uk based bachelor s degree and c1 level certified.

Not sure as to what part 9f india u from .However if u send phpto copies across...to naric they wud check nd get back to you.

£ 55 each..so total £110 for certification and u don't have to give any more tests.

quote="MohiSid"]Sorry Amber but its the below query that I need advise on;

I have a query with regards to the english language requirement posted on UKBA website

Based on the above qualifications, do I still need to enroll myself for a B1 level course to qualify for Naturalisation.[/quote]

zubbshah
Mood:
India

Post by zubbshah » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:34 am

If u've got a bachelor's degree from India. .that's more than B1 ...
well I have a degree from Mumbai uni and recently got it verified from naric...takes bout 10 to 12 days....and that bcom degree is equivalent to a uk based bachelor s degree and c1 level certified.

Not sure as to what part 9f india u from .However if u send phpto copies across...to naric they wud check nd get back to you.

£ 55 each..so total £110 for certification and u don't have to give any more tests.

quote="MohiSid"]Sorry Amber but its the below query that I need advise on;

Based on the above qualifications, do I still need to enroll myself for a B1 level course to qualify for Naturalisation.[/quote]

MohiSid
Newly Registered

Post by MohiSid » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:43 am

Hello Experts,

I'm planning to apply for naturalisation in about 2weeks time. I've sorted all my documents out including certificate (suppose to arrive today) from NARIC to satisfy English requirement.

My question is; I need to visit India in the first week of December for a duration of about 5-6weeks. I would like to apply for naturalisation before going on my vacation through NCS around 18Nov2013.

So with the above situation in place, I'm wondering will there be any issues if I'm not physically available while the application is in process or any other issues that might prevail.Please Advise

Regards,
Mohisid

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:45 am

You may travel after you've had your NCS appointment.

MohiSid
Newly Registered

Post by MohiSid » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:27 pm

Please provide your opinion on the question below;

I would like to apply for Naturalization in about 2weeks time through NCS and then have to travel out of UK for 6weeks.

I'm wondering will there be any issues if I'm not physically available while the application is in process.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:49 pm