ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Duplicate Degree Certificate..Please Help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ChetanOjha

Duplicate Degree Certificate..Please Help

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:12 pm

Hi,

I am applying for my brother. He has lost his original degree certificate. When he went to University to get another copy of the same, university told him that since he has lost original university cannot issue him another one.B-U-T university can issue him another degree certificate(which is basically same as the degree certoficate) but with a stamp of DUPLICATE written on it.

Is this proof of qualification is accepted by Home Office since it is not the Original (i.e. very firts one) issued by university?

Please Help...!!!

Thanks

aaj123

Post by aaj123 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:59 pm

Any advice on above query? I have the same issue and plannign to apply. Is a duplicate degree certificate obtained from university good enough? I have lost my original and the one now issued by university has DUPLICATE written on it.

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: Duplicate Degree Certificate..Please Help

Post by aspirant99 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:19 pm

chetanojha wrote:Hi,

I am applying for my brother. He has lost his original degree certificate. When he went to University to get another copy of the same, university told him that since he has lost original university cannot issue him another one.B-U-T university can issue him another degree certificate(which is basically same as the degree certoficate) but with a stamp of DUPLICATE written on it.

Is this proof of qualification is accepted by Home Office since it is not the Original (i.e. very firts one) issued by university?

Please Help...!!!

Thanks
I think point 93 should explain your brother's situation:
93. If the applicant is awaiting graduation but has successfully completed his/her degree or no longer has the certificate and the awarding institution is unable to issue a replacement, he/she should send an original academic reference from the institution that is awarding the degree together with an original academic transcript.

Or

IMO since your brother has got the duplicate copy of the degree if he can get a letter from the Uni confirming that this is a replacement copy of the original degree then it should suffice.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:55 am

Please Help...!!!

Thanks
Please mention in your cover letter that the degree is a duplicate, Also a letter from the Uni stating reason applied for duplicate degree Due to say "lost original degree" should surely help.

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:19 am

Please Help...!!!

Thanks

Hi ,

The best way to do your educational part is to send all the relevant scan copy to UK NARIC including the duplicate degree . NARIC will contact your uni accordingly and give you the letter . Attach this letter with your TIER1 application and you are good to go .......
Thanks

Ali