ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

OlaDPounds

Post by OlaDPounds » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:00 pm

@wb00 I am in same shoe with you regarding the COA not confirming right to work. The question I will like to ask you is Did you submit your passport and marriage certificate with the new application or do you have it in the HO's possession?

I have my passport and marriage certificate with the HO after my previous refusal and the HO rep fail to acknowledge they have the passport and the marriage certificate in their possession so I rang the European enquiry line and complained to the adviser who advised me to write to liverpool stating they fail to acknowledge both document and to request for a correct CAO.
Life is a race so run it well

Fryman
Newly Registered

Post by Fryman » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:42 am

Reading the above where people have applied after myself with a EEA2 unmarried partner to the sheffield office (via liverpool, because thats where my passport was due to the first failed attempt) gives me hope that it will be done soon!

So is it correct to assume that everybody that applied for a EEA2 to the sheffield office their applications are being processed quicker? As I am on Tier 2 as well this is not an issue to stay and work, but would like to change sooner rather then later.

Cheers

starbucks
Newly Registered

Awaiting consideration of EEA2

Post by starbucks » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:32 pm

I've posted EEA2 in July 2013, it's been 3 months since, received an acknowledgement letter which dated on 17th July 2013. Can anybody tell me what a COA is?

wb00
Newly Registered

Post by wb00 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:38 pm

OlaDPounds wrote:@wb00 I am in same shoe with you regarding the COA not confirming right to work. The question I will like to ask you is Did you submit your passport and marriage certificate with the new application or do you have it in the HO's possession?

I have my passport and marriage certificate with the HO after my previous refusal and the HO rep fail to acknowledge they have the passport and the marriage certificate in their possession so I rang the European enquiry line and complained to the adviser who advised me to write to liverpool stating they fail to acknowledge both document and to request for a correct CAO.
Hi OlaDPounds. They retained just my passport, but I sent it all they returned, plus the documents addressing the matters for refusal. After receiving the wrong CoA, I have written a letter to Liverpool informing that I changed my address (with my tenancy agreement attached), requesting them to issue me a correct CoA and the return of our passports. I lost my job and I could fix it if this new CoA stated my right to work. As my company has had problems with illegals, they are not risking to accept me back based only on the EU law.

at12

Re: Awaiting consideration of EEA2

Post by at12 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:27 pm

[quote="starbucks"]I've posted EEA2 in July 2013, it's been 3 months since, received an acknowledgement letter which dated on 17th July 2013. Can anybody tell me what a COA is?[/quote]
COA is the acknowledgment letter (Certificate Of Application).

ninkas
Poland

Post by ninkas » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:36 pm

at12 wrote:
starbucks wrote:I've posted EEA2 in July 2013, it's been 3 months since, received an acknowledgement letter which dated on 17th July 2013. Can anybody tell me what a COA is?
I submitted eea2&eea1 on 31/08/2013.4 days later we received acknowledgment letter - simple information that our apps are with caseworker team and waiting for consideration- with references numb.On 18/09/2013 my husband received COA - the letter clearly stated his right to work.So nowadays acknowledgment letter is not COA

at12

Post by at12 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:44 am

ninkas wrote:
at12 wrote:
starbucks wrote:I've posted EEA2 in July 2013, it's been 3 months since, received an acknowledgement letter which dated on 17th July 2013. Can anybody tell me what a COA is?
I submitted eea2&eea1 on 31/08/2013.4 days later we received acknowledgment letter - simple information that our apps are with caseworker team and waiting for consideration- with references numb.On 18/09/2013 my husband received COA - the letter clearly stated his right to work.So nowadays acknowledgment letter is not COA
Hi Ninkas, thanks for the correction. It seems they have changed the way they handle the applications then. This information used to come in the same letter. Best wishes.

OlaDPounds

Post by OlaDPounds » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:33 am

@Wb00 let's keep fingers crossed while we wait for their reply. HO reps are very lazy people and always ignore most important things despite the fact they can access the information just by using our name, dob and nationality but yet try tend to do what they like. They pose themselves like a mini god.

I and my wife sent them a letter stating they have failed to acknowledge the documents are in their possession and we are requesting for a correct COA and it was sent 2 days ago so hopefully we get a positive reply and also my appeal date is near it's next week so I pray God show me his love and mercy so I can at least get a new life and I am asking people on this forum to pray for me as well.

ninkas
Poland

Post by ninkas » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:31 am

Hi Ninkas, thanks for the correction. It seems they have changed the way they handle the applications then. This information used to come in the same letter. Best wishes.[/quote]

you very welcome :lol: best wishes to you

starbucks
Newly Registered

Post by starbucks » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:57 am

at12 wrote:
ninkas wrote:
at12 wrote:
Hi Ninkas, thanks for the correction. It seems they have changed the way they handle the applications then. This information used to come in the same letter. Best wishes.
Thank to you both. I received a simple letter, states the application being passed to a casework unit to awaiting consideration. Nothing more than that. No a COA either. That's why I was wondering what a COA is when skimming through the pages of reply. Well, I think after all I have to be patient, wait for another 3 months at least. Hopefully everything goes well.

ninkas
Poland

Post by ninkas » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:52 am

starbucks wrote:
at12 wrote:
ninkas wrote:
at12 wrote: COA is the acknowledgment letter (Certificate Of Application).
Thank to you both. I received a simple letter, states the application being passed to a casework unit to awaiting consideration. Nothing more than that. No a COA either. That's why I was wondering what a COA is when skimming through the pages of reply. Well, I think after all I have to be patient, wait for another 3 months at least. Hopefully everything goes well.
If I was you,I would call HO to remind them of COA. Although some people never get it and receive RC sooner it is better to let them know that you haven't got it yet.HO suppose to issue COA immediately :lol:
My hubby received it on 18.09,but dated 09.09 :shock:

Farazjan
Newly Registered

Post by Farazjan » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:25 pm

Here is my time line
Eea2 sent : 24 June 2013
Recivend by HO : 25 June 2013
COA requested : 22 September 2013
COA recive with right to work : 02 oct 2013
COA dated : 25 oct 2013
My question is cann I register my self as a job seeker on the bases of COA?
And what benefits can I apply after getting my RC , I mean housing benigets , council house and etc ?

OlaDPounds

Post by OlaDPounds » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:19 am

@Farazjan I don't think you can get what you are planning for according to your question above but I can say that it was stated on my friend's RC that business activities and work allowed but no public fund so you have to work and live on what you earn with your RC except if your spouse is above 25years and eligible to the welfare system.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:26 am

Farazjan wrote:Here is my time line
Eea2 sent : 24 June 2013
Recivend by HO : 25 June 2013
COA requested : 22 September 2013
COA recive with right to work : 02 oct 2013
COA dated : 25 oct 2013
My question is cann I register my self as a job seeker on the bases of COA?
And what benefits can I apply after getting my RC , I mean housing benigets , council house and etc ?
You can get JSA based on your COA, and you can get any type of benefit when you have your residence card, the vignettes doesn't normally say public funds allowed on almost all of the residence category in the UK, but it will explicitly say no public funds allowed if the holder is not entitled to one, if it doesn't say, it simply means the older can receive public funds.

wb00
Newly Registered

Post by wb00 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:18 am

OlaDPounds wrote:@Wb00 let's keep fingers crossed while we wait for their reply. HO reps are very lazy people and always ignore most important things despite the fact they can access the information just by using our name, dob and nationality but yet try tend to do what they like. They pose themselves like a mini god.

I and my wife sent them a letter stating they have failed to acknowledge the documents are in their possession and we are requesting for a correct COA and it was sent 2 days ago so hopefully we get a positive reply and also my appeal date is near it's next week so I pray God show me his love and mercy so I can at least get a new life and I am asking people on this forum to pray for me as well.
News on your CoA or application? I have none on mine so far...

brana1
Newly Registered

Surinder singh EEA2 application

Post by brana1 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:04 pm

Hi,
very helpful information is being shared here. I believe no solicitor gives this much freedom of information to EEA2 applications.

My timeline is as under until now:

EEA2 (surinder Singh) sent to HO: 17 Aug 13
received by HO: 19 Aug 13
Fee deducted: 20 Aug 13
acknowlege letter Received: 23 Aug 13
COA with right to work received: 2 Sep 13 (dated 28 Aug)
requested passport of British national partner 15 sep 13: Got 24 Sep 13
then a letter asking evidence to live in Uk: 12 Oct 13 (dated: 10/10/13)
I sent joint tenancy, counsil tax, bank statement, GP letter etc on 14/10/13

can any one help what it could be to ask for documents from Uk.

As we couple been living in Denmark for 8 months i already got 5 year EU card from denmak issued in June-13.

any personal experience for similar case would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Surinder singh EEA2 application

Post by Jambo » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:51 pm

brana1 wrote:Hi,
very helpful information is being shared here. I believe no solicitor gives this much freedom of information to EEA2 applications.

My timeline is as under until now:

EEA2 (surinder Singh) sent to HO: 17 Aug 13
received by HO: 19 Aug 13
Fee deducted: 20 Aug 13
acknowlege letter Received: 23 Aug 13
COA with right to work received: 2 Sep 13 (dated 28 Aug)
requested passport of British national partner 15 sep 13: Got 24 Sep 13
then a letter asking evidence to live in Uk: 12 Oct 13 (dated: 10/10/13)
I sent joint tenancy, counsil tax, bank statement, GP letter etc on 14/10/13

can any one help what it could be to ask for documents from Uk.

As we couple been living in Denmark for 8 months i already got 5 year EU card from denmak issued in June-13.

any personal experience for similar case would be helpful.

Thanks in advance
Dont worry. This is nothing unusual. The HO would only issue RC if you live in the UK so they asked for such evidence. If this was a "normal" EEA2, you would have provided such evidence anyway. I guess they just want to avoid cases of people applying for a 5 years Residence Card without actually living in the UK (just to bypass the visa requirement).

brana1
Newly Registered

EEA2 surinder singh application

Post by brana1 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:57 pm

Many thanks for updates about my concerns.

Do you think asking for my passport after 3 months of application will make any impact on a decision time? I am Pakistani national

I am thinking of going to Germany to visit my brother on New year time.

I entered UK on my EU card not obtained EEA FP, just to mention here.

cheers,

starbucks
Newly Registered

Post by starbucks » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:48 am

ninkas wrote:
starbucks wrote:
at12 wrote:
ninkas wrote:
If I was you,I would call HO to remind them of COA. Although some people never get it and receive RC sooner it is better to let them know that you haven't got it yet.HO suppose to issue COA immediately :lol:
My hubby received it on 18.09,but dated 09.09 :shock:
I phoned my lawyer last Friday, asking whether there was any farther information from HO, he said there was no news from them for the moment. Is the COA very important document to have? What is it for? I am not working for the moment, my last student visa had been expired when I submitted the EEA2, and I guess I wouldn't receive a COA stating a right to work, would I? If not, I would have to be patient awaiting for the consideration till the end.

lake1

Re: EEA2 surinder singh application

Post by lake1 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:58 am

brana1 wrote:Many thanks for updates about my concerns.

I entered UK on my EU card not obtained EEA FP, just to mention here.

cheers,
Do you mind sharing how you did this as this might help others in the same situation.

hyao
Newly Registered

Post by hyao » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:51 pm

Hi
I posted my EEA1& EEA2 application on 11/10/13(Friday) and it was received on 14/10/13. I am a bit concerned as I haven't heard anything from HO yet. I read from other people's timeline that most people received a letter from HO within a week after posting, confirming that their applications were received. And most people were charged within 3 days after posting. So far they haven't charged me (I paid by cheques) and no letter received from HO. Should I do something or just keep waiting?

Thanks

Thetruth007hmm
Newly Registered

Post by Thetruth007hmm » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:38 pm

hyao wrote:Hi
I posted my EEA1& EEA2 application on 11/10/13(Friday) and it was received on 14/10/13. I am a bit concerned as I haven't heard anything from HO yet. I read from other people's timeline that most people received a letter from HO within a week after posting, confirming that their applications were received. And most people were charged within 3 days after posting. So far they haven't charged me (I paid by cheques) and no letter received from HO. Should I do something or just keep waiting?

Thanks
When i sent my application a month ago-They wrote me a letter after 6days confirming that ''they have received my application and they are checking the fee that i have paid is correct and received, if the fee is not correct and received my application will be rejected''

Therefore a letter comes first then they confirm the fee paid according to my experience. Give the few days.....even though for case i sent postal order rather than cheques

brana1
Newly Registered

EEA2 surinder singh application

Post by brana1 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:06 pm

I travelled from Germany to London Stasted with my British national wife, so after 30 min wait and checking all documents they let me enter on Code 1A.

so they applied Surinder Singh on that time i knew it.

so i entered on my EU card not on EEA FP thats what i mean in my previous post.

any one who send EEA2 application should give 10 working days to worry about not receiving letter of confirmation or COA, I believe so.

natasha1985
Newly Registered

Post by natasha1985 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:46 pm

We are currently waiting on my husband's EEA2 visa to come back. We posted it on 3rd September & it was received by HO on 4th September. We received his COA on 18th September. I'm curious to know, should my husband get an email to tell him his visa, whether successful or refused, is on its way? Or is it just a matter of waiting eagerly by the letterbox lol?? Be nice to know when roughly to expect an answer!

Farazjan
Newly Registered

Post by Farazjan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:20 pm

Have a question ,
If I apply for JSA how it will effect my eea2 application which is under process since last four month ,?
And will I effect my PR application after years when I am gona apply for it ,?