ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which Category to select for Set (O) appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lcpjason
Newly Registered

Which Category to select for Set (O) appointment

Post by lcpjason » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:32 pm

To book a Set (O) appointment I was asked:

Which category are you applying?
- Tier 1
- Tier 2
- Other Main Applicant
- Dependant

I'm under work permit from January 2009, so I think 'Tier 2' is the closest category?
Or should I select 'Other Main Applicant'?

Regards
Jason

wrkpmtilr
Newly Registered

Re: Which Category to select for Set (O) appointment

Post by wrkpmtilr » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:09 am

lcpjason wrote:To book a Set (O) appointment I was asked:

Which category are you applying?
- Tier 1
- Tier 2
- Other Main Applicant
- Dependant

I'm under work permit from January 2009, so I think 'Tier 2' is the closest category?
Or should I select 'Other Main Applicant'?

Regards
Jason
I am also a work permit holder and recently booked the Appointment online. I also had the doubt and went on with picking 'Other Main Applicant'.

This is my decision and hence just hope it was correct. I think as long as it showed the correct fees to pay it should be fine.

lcpjason
Newly Registered

Post by lcpjason » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:13 am

I think all 4 options end up with the same fees. Does that mean it should not matters if we really get it wrong?
I do hope so :)

wrkpmtilr
Newly Registered

Post by wrkpmtilr » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:16 am

lcpjason wrote:I think all 4 options end up with the same fees. Does that mean it should not matters if we really get it wrong?
I do hope so :)
Well I can only hope so too. There are seperate Tier 1 and 2 types, and hence work permit is sort of different, I picked the other main applicant option.

lcpjason
Newly Registered

Post by lcpjason » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:06 pm

When are you going for your appointment?
Can you update me please?
Thanks
:)

wrkpmtilr
Newly Registered

Post by wrkpmtilr » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:12 pm

lcpjason wrote:When are you going for your appointment?
Can you update me please?
Thanks
:)
its on 12/11...
when did you get yours for?

lcpjason
Newly Registered

Post by lcpjason » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:42 pm

I'm planning to book for First week of December.
So do you have to sit for B1 English exam because you apply after 28 October as well?

wrkpmtilr
Newly Registered

Post by wrkpmtilr » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:45 pm

lcpjason wrote:I'm planning to book for First week of December.
So do you have to sit for B1 English exam because you apply after 28 October as well?
Since I got my degree here, I believe I dont have to. Planning to take the certificate for the appointment.

lcpjason
Newly Registered

Post by lcpjason » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:41 am

That should be sufficient :)
Is there are check list of documents and forms, or a full guide of SET (O) application ?

wrkpmtilr
Newly Registered

Post by wrkpmtilr » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:24 am

lcpjason wrote:That should be sufficient :)
Is there are check list of documents and forms, or a full guide of SET (O) application ?
the document checklist is in the form itself... and there is a guide on UKBA but not a full complete one.

lcpjason
Newly Registered

Post by lcpjason » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi, Hope your appointment went well :)
Any updates ?
Jason

wrkpmtilr
Newly Registered

Post by wrkpmtilr » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:59 am

lcpjason wrote:Hi, Hope your appointment went well :)
Any updates ?
Jason
Ya, my appointment went well and was approved. :) Waiting for the permit card now...

lcpjason
Newly Registered

Post by lcpjason » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:30 pm

Hey Congratulations!

I have a few questions as my appointment is around 2 weeks away.

1. I had already paid full fees during appointment booking online, Do i still need to fill in Payment details on Page 4?

----------and-------------------------------------

4 boxes at the end of page 11 SET (O):

- Current rate of Pay (as stated in the Codes of Practice– hourly rate or annual salary)

- Current rate of Pay (as stated in the Codes of Practice Per annum– hourly rate or annual salary)

- Number of hours this salary is based on

- Number of weekly hours

2. Am I supposed to fill in rates and hours based on COP or my own rates and hours?

3. What number of hours COP are based on? It seems to be 39 hours a week, right?

5. If my hours are 40 a week while COP are 39 hours, is there any calculations to proof my pay is above the COP standards?

Many thanks in advance.

wrkpmtilr
Newly Registered

Post by wrkpmtilr » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:35 pm

lcpjason wrote:Hey Congratulations!

I have a few questions as my appointment is around 2 weeks away.

1. I had already paid full fees during appointment booking online, Do i still need to fill in Payment details on Page 4?

I filled in name and address and ticked £1426 box.

----------and-------------------------------------

4 boxes at the end of page 11 SET (O):

- Current rate of Pay (as stated in the Codes of Practice– hourly rate or annual salary)

- Current rate of Pay (as stated in the Codes of Practice Per annum– hourly rate or annual salary)

- Number of hours this salary is based on

- Number of weekly hours

2. Am I supposed to fill in rates and hours based on COP or my own rates and hours?

I filled in my own rates and hours. I did write my hourly rate and annual pay (as my pay is based on 37 and wanted the hourly rate to stand out.)

3. What number of hours COP are based on? It seems to be 39 hours a week, right?

Yes you are correct. if it says 2011 survey, its 39 hours a week

5. If my hours are 40 a week while COP are 39 hours, is there any calculations to proof my pay is above the COP standards?

My understanding is that they would be doing the calculation themselves. But however as my pay was lower than the COP due to being based on 37 hours, I got my employer to add an extra bit of information on the Employer's letter at the point of that I earn over COP, to say if pro rated to 39 hours...pay is xxx.

Many thanks in advance.

nitinkhera
Newly Registered

Post by nitinkhera » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:44 pm

Hi,

Kindly help. Will appreciate a quick advise.
I am on tier 1 (general) and applying for my ILR this 6th oct along with 1 dependent (wife)
I am been advised that the i selected a wrong category from the online appointment portal.
I am not sure if this is the case as i am getting mixed opinions and worried since i only have 5 days left for my appointment.
To cut the whole story short: under the Set (O) appointment i had selected ‘other main applicant’ instead of ‘Tier 1’. The total fees that i paid for me and dependent is £2984.00.
Please advise if its still ok for me to walk in for the appointment or do i have to cancel and rebook the appointment again in the correct category i.e. ‘tier 1’.
Thanks in Advance

wrkpmtilr
Newly Registered

Post by wrkpmtilr » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:38 am

Is there a possibility for you to call the Home Office directly and check? I am not sure of the present fees, but if the total adds upto the correct total for Tier 1, I would say just go for the appointment and if there is an issue on the day try and explain (just my opinion..). If there is an option to cancel with a refund, then you could cancel and re-apply.

dev_damani
Newly Registered

Post by dev_damani » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:43 pm

Hi nitinKhera,

Could you tell me if everything went fine for you?

I am in the same boat, picked wrong option 'Other main applicaiton' instead of 'Tier 1'

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,
Chapel