ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After almost 2 years it is OVER!!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Blackhole

After almost 2 years it is OVER!!!

Post by Blackhole » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:52 pm

Hi all

to all who remember me two years ago

after a waiting time of 23 months today the brown envelope has arrived

cant believe it took that long, No explanation was given !!!

no one knows why it took ages, no reason I could think of

"as I am considering my self a good citizen , regular tax payer, no criminal record, home owner and business owner with more than 10 jobs created by my company and thousands of pounds paid TAX a year"

but anyway finally is over

the excitement is not there any more as it is not the same .

good luck for who is waiting and congrats to the successful ones

have a nice day

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:15 pm

Congratulations Blackhole, incredible patience you have....23 months is good maturation period...they may have mistaken your app for cheese....

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:32 pm

23 months is a long time Blackhole. Did you not get your MP involved during this time ?

royh

Re: After almost 2 years it is OVER!!!

Post by royh » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:45 pm

Congrats.
Blackhole wrote:The excitement is not there any more as it is not the same.
I don't know if you specifically talking about naturalisation process, but many ppl have said this about the whole process, because of all the tests, delays and so on. Relief that it's over but not as much joy as they expected.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:54 am

Blackhole wrote:Hi all

"as I am considering my self a good citizen , regular tax payer, no criminal record, home owner and business owner with more than 10 jobs created by my company and thousands of pounds paid TAX a year"

have a nice day
CONRATULATION Blackhole..... We both applied in the same month (Nov 2011). I didn't know you are still waiting.... This is incredibly long time.. I am really happy in the end it came good.... Full credit to you for being so patient.

UKnow

Post by UKnow » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:12 am

have a nice day
CONGRATS Blackhole.. You are a warrier!

All the best
Last edited by UKnow on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
UKnow

rod_p

Post by rod_p » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:22 am

Lately, I have noticed those applying for naturalisation have become unbelievably impatient. Habitual weekly/ bi-weekly emails to UKBA ( despite clear proof no action is taken to provide a response ), discussion of wasting MP's time to complain despite not reaching 6 months, incessant worry about payments taking 2 weeks or more to complete...

Blackhole, you are a saint and deserve great respect for your patience ( rather than following the aforementioned examples of sever impatience ).

I know the final outcome was anticlimactic after the long wait. However, sincere congratulations on being granted the privilege to be British! I am honored to share common nationality with you mate!

soma7474

Post by soma7474 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:47 am

Congratulation!

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:54 pm

Blackhole wrote:to all who remember me two years ago

I remember you, Mr Hole. Congratulations!

I guess that, if they gave an explanation, it would be the usual excuse: "every case is different blah blah...".

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:43 pm

linkers wrote:23 months is a long time Blackhole. Did you not get your MP involved during this time ?
yes I did every thing possible you may think of
writing to MP, TO THEM , even considered a solicitor

but nothing helped only time
cheers

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:48 pm

cricinfo wrote:

have a nice day
CONRATULATION Blackhole..... We both applied in the same month (Nov 2011). I didn't know you are still waiting.... This is incredibly long time.. I am really happy in the end it came good.... Full credit to you for being so patient.
many thanks

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:48 pm

UKnow wrote:

have a nice day
CONGRATS Blackhole.. You are a worrier!

All the best
all the best

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:50 pm

rod_p wrote:Lately, I have noticed those applying for naturalisation have become unbelievably impatient. Habitual weekly/ bi-weekly emails to UKBA ( despite clear proof no action is taken to provide a response ), discussion of wasting MP's time to complain despite not reaching 6 months, incessant worry about payments taking 2 weeks or more to complete...

Blackhole, you are a saint and deserve great respect for your patience ( rather than following the aforementioned examples of sever impatience ).

I know the final outcome was anticlimactic after the long wait. However, sincere congratulations on being granted the privilege to be British! I am honored to share common nationality with you mate!
Many thanks for your support mate and your beautiful words.

it has been long journey full of difficulties but as you said at least it is over

have a good day mate

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:54 pm

Congratulations Blackhole. You have waited for a long time but I am happy :D :D that finally you got your approval. We applied in the same month (Nov 2011). I have no words for the anguish you have undergone. You deserve a holiday into any sunshine state to relax after this. Best luck in your future :) :)

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:24 pm

oscar22 wrote:Congratulations Blackhole. You have waited for a long time but I am happy :D :D that finally you got your approval. We applied in the same month (Nov 2011). I have no words for the anguish you have undergone. You deserve a holiday into any sunshine state to relax after this. Best luck in your future :) :)

Many thanks Oscar22

been long long time mate

trying to forget about the pain of waiting and focus onfinishing this endless journey

applied for my passport yesterday through c&s post office

so let us hope that it wont be another 2 years of waiting!!

very nice to hear from you and cricinfo

have a good day

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:46 pm

Just wondering what they were doing for 23 months? For time to time UKBA seems to forget about cases. I think its like we put things around house and forget about them and then one day suddenly find them behind the sofa. :)

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:58 pm

23 months is a long time Blackhole. Did you not get your MP involved during this time ?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:22 pm

well done man. However, I am disgusted at UKBA for such a poor service for the money they charge. Its a disgrace. But just like every other semi govt organization UKBA is a total **** up.

Heisgood

Award that man !

Post by Heisgood » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:41 pm

Don’t book any flights just yet your passport might take another 23mths…
On a more serious note congrats and well done! You should be knighted and awarded the key of the city in Bournemouth for extreme patience with UKBA. :)
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:39 pm

Hi Blackhole,
Passport services are efficient. Within a week (max 2 weeks)you will get invited for interview and get your documents back. It takes 3-4 days after interview to get the new passport. At Interview they will just want to confirm you are whom you say you are :wink: and are very friendly. If only HO was like them. Have a good evening.

iramkk

Post by iramkk » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:34 pm

oscar22 wrote:Hi Blackhole,
Passport services are efficient. Within a week (max 2 weeks)you will get invited for interview and get your documents back. It takes 3-4 days after interview to get the new passport. At Interview they will just want to confirm you are whom you say you are :wink: and are very friendly. If only HO was like them. Have a good evening.
Passport office does not only deal with migrant citizens (I mean naturalised citizens) but those who are born here as well. Imagine the furore if they behave like HO...We migrants are the ones who are taken for a ride by HO always...

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:20 pm

linkers wrote:23 months is a long time Blackhole. Did you not get your MP involved during this time ?
Have done all what you may think of

MP, SOLICITOR, DIRECT CONTACTS, PETETION TO QUEEN,........ETC

nothing helps But TIME

Blackhole

Re: Award that man !

Post by Blackhole » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:22 pm

Heisgood wrote:Don’t book any flights just yet your passport might take another 23mths…
On a more serious note congrats and well done! You should be knighted and awarded the key of the city in Bournemouth for extreme patience with UKBA. :)
SERIOUSLY I WILL NEVER BE SURPRISE IF IT TOOK 2 YEARS AGAIN

HAVE A GOOD DAY

Heisgood

Re: Award that man !

Post by Heisgood » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:49 pm

Blackhole wrote:
Heisgood wrote:Don’t book any flights just yet your passport might take another 23mths…
SERIOUSLY I WILL NEVER BE SURPRISE IF IT TOOK 2 YEARS AGAIN

HAVE A GOOD DAY
One still can't imagine what you went through for 2yrs man. Look in the forums people are fussing after 2 weeks .....
Your passport cannot take that long!!! You are a British Citizen now so you have a bit more rights to fight back......all the very best mate.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:42 am

People are not only fussing, they are bombarding HO with enquiries about very recent applications. Totally behaving like kids who want that red lollipop in their mouths instantly.

Recently nationality team seems to have beome somewhat approachable, but applicants are taking the mickey by bombarding them with repeated enquiries after 1-2 weeks, and no one is willing to wait for more than a month at any cost.

I am sure that very soon HO will shut down this enquiry window and again start giving the standard reply "As your application is within service standards, we cannot give any updates".