ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xshayaanx

Re: Permit recieved

Post by xshayaanx » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:14 am

updated on skydrive
kim91v wrote:Hi all. I have finally received my long-waited IRL permit. This is for 10 years with student visa.
I would like to share with you the timeline of the process.

Application sent: 13th May 2013
Biometrics Done: 28th May 2013
Passport received: 16th October 2013
IRL permit received: 19th October 2013

Thank you all for the supports.
And
Best of luck to all who is still waiting.
Applied 17-12-13
Forwarded to BHC 03-01-14
Waiting...

xshayaanx

Re: Status for my new born

Post by xshayaanx » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:16 am

I have noticed that out Skydrive isnt being updated, as most people find excel scary. This is life line of hope for all of us, and I appreciate your great efforts to keep this part of forum going. I am happy to update the skydrive on daily basis from now on.
Damanisshallo wrote:
kadd wrote:I recently received my ILR(10 Year Rule),on the 16/October/2013----But I also got a daughter born on the 25/September/2013.
The mum to this new born is still trying to sort her papers with the Home Office,as of current.
My Question to the Guru's of this helpful forum is---Can I now, apply for British Citizenship for this new born ????----I have read on the forum about form MN1,but I got a slightly confused.
Any one with such knowledge can advise !!

Yes, MN1 is the right form. Had your baby born on or after 16/10/2013 she'd have been British by birth. Just out of curiosity, What date was your ILR issued (Not received date)?
Applied 17-12-13
Forwarded to BHC 03-01-14
Waiting...

britbanker

Re: ILR Application Submitted today...

Post by britbanker » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:19 am

britbanker wrote:Dear All,

As mentioned a few days ago, I have submitted my ILR application today, Details below: -

Application sent: 19/09/2013
Payment Method: Cheque
Acknowledgement letter: TBC
Biometrics letter received: TBC
Biometrics enrolled: TBC
Approved Date (On Letter): TBC
Passport/Approval Letter Received: TBC
Biometric Card Received: TBC
Hi All, Just wanted to provide an update to the above:

Application sent: 19/09/2013
Payment Method: Cheque
Payment Taken: 27/09/2013
Acknowledgement letter: Dated 23/09/2013, received 27/09/2013
Biometrics letter received: Dated 13/10/2013, received 17/10/2013
Biometrics enrolled: 21/10/2013
Approved Date (On Letter): TBC
Passport/Approval Letter Received: TBC
Biometric Card Received: TBC

You are all in my prayers, hope we all get our freedom soon :)

Cheers!

Nik

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:33 am

kadd wrote:I recently received my ILR(10 Year Rule),on the 16/October/2013----But I also got a daughter born on the 25/September/2013.

My Question to the Guru's of this helpful forum is---Can I now, apply for British Citizenship for this new born ????----I have read on the forum about form MN1,but I got slightly confused.
Any one with such knowledge can advise !!
Yes apply with MN1 form.
And also apply child benefit on your name.

britbanker

Post by britbanker » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:41 am

xshayaanx wrote:I have noticed that out Skydrive isnt being updated, as most people find excel scary. This is life line of hope for all of us, and I appreciate your great efforts to keep this part of forum going. I am happy to update the skydrive on daily basis from now on.
Thanks xshayaanx, I would love to update the skydrive but the link is blocked by my work firewall so I can't access it.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:13 am

Did you notice there are less people in Skydrive in 2013 than in 2012?

I wonder is it because there are less applications this year or less people let forum know about their applications? I guess there are less applications because of all new rules, like 7 years limit on study, no dependants except phd, etc. I think next year there will be even less and soon very very little on this route because they made it virtually impossible to live 10 years by new rules.

What do you think?

Soban

Post by Soban » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:20 am

Maxwell wrote:Did you notice there are less people in Skydrive in 2013 than in 2012?

I wonder is it because there are less applications this year or less people let forum know about their applications? I guess there are less applications because of all new rules, like 7 years limit on study, no dependants except phd, etc. I think next year there will be even less and soon very very little on this route because they made it virtually impossible to live 10 years by new rules.

What do you think?
I heard a rumour that the HO is looking in to scrapping the 10 years route. I personally think it would be eventually.
--

sameer_mqj
Newly Registered

Post by sameer_mqj » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:29 am

sameer_mqj wrote:Hello Z18runway/Gurus

can you please answer to my folllowing question.
sameer_mqj wrote:
z18runway wrote:I have now decided that i will apply for the FLR(m) for my wife.
1.Can i please ask you if my wife has to take Life in Uk Test as well as the English language test to submit along with Flr(m) application.

Need English test
2.do i have to submit my passport and BRP with her application.
Yes
3.Could someone provide me the list of documents that i need to submit along with the spouse flr(m) application.
There is a very good source available called flr m guidance at UKBA website.
Another questions to the gurus.

My wife has a English languaage test certificate(PTE Academic) which is expiring on the 14/10/2013. Does her certificate has to be valid in order to submit?

thankyou in Advance.

Could some one please reply to my post ??

My wife has a English languaage test certificate(PTE Academic) which is expired on the 14/10/2013. Does her certificate has to be valid in order to submit?

Thankyou.

meb4ne1

Post by meb4ne1 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:35 am

Hello Gurus,

I'm on a work permit which expires n April 2014. I applied ILR 20th Sept 2013 (waiting for biometrics letter). My problem is I might be losing my job soon (business is going bust). I can easily find a new job as I'm a programmer. My worry is will changing jobs affect my ILR application? Do I need to notify HO as I'm a work permit holder?

Bit about me:
My applications seems to straight forward, arrived in UK 1st oct 2003 and have 5.5 years student visa + 5 years work permit.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:39 am

Soban wrote:
I heard a rumour that the HO is looking in to scrapping the 10 years route. I personally think it would be eventually.
I hear these rumours for the last 6-7 years at least, I think they were before, I just was not interested in this subject before. I visited solicitors with this specific question about 6 years ago and they told me it can't be scrapped because it is based on EU wide law and principles of human rights.

But what they did recently with new rules is that it is now almost impossible to live for 10 years. So I think they won't scrap it. Before it was between 1 and 2 percent who used this route. Soon it would be probably about 0.01% because of new rules they placed, so why bother. It is too risky politically to scrap it directly, so they scrap it indirectly. Maybe they prohibit switching to PHD inside the country for example or include it in 7 years total study limit, then it will eliminate even 0.01%. For now they figured if someone will have 3 diplomas including PHD, they probably not too bad. But even then, now some people who apply from PHD came before with partners when dependants were allowed, very soon much less people would be on PHD who came here on BA / courses in the first place because no dependants allowed below PHD anymore, a lot of colleges were closed, etc.
Last edited by Maxwell on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bhargav.ganti
Newly Registered

Re: 10 YEAR RESIDENCY AND FAMILY MEMBERS

Post by bhargav.ganti » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:11 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
stranded wrote:Hi I was speaking to you earlier my wife has been on tier 1 G since 2009 as my dependent can you pass me on that lawyers information so I can contact him my application is with home office for SET(LR). You can PM me his details and o will contact him myself thank you for your help. It would be appreciated Jazaq Allah
I was just speaking to my friend with regards to this. I shall PM you the solicitors details but then my friend did mentioned that there wasn't a big play from the solicitor though all he did was, played a trick with the application.

He made a SET(O) application instead of SET(M) and under S E C T I O N 3 - W H I C H C A T E G O R Y ? he'd chosen Other purposes or reasons not covered by other application forms and in the explanation space below mentioned the reason as follows.

"I was on PBS Dependent (Tier 1General) for more than XX yrs."

NB: Where XX should be >2 yrs.

Hope this should help you and many more.
Hi Damanisshallo.. My case is also similar. My wife applied for ILR (10 yrs) thru SET(LR) on 25th Aug 13 and we are waiting for her ILR. I came to UK on 11-Sep-11 as Tier-1 General dependant (more than 2 years in UK as Tier-1 dep. as of now).. It will be of great help if you could provide ur friend`s solicitor details to me as well.

Many Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:12 am

meb4ne1 wrote:Hello Gurus,

I'm on a work permit which expires n April 2014. I applied ILR 20th Sept 2013 (waiting for biometrics letter). My problem is I might be losing my job soon (business is going bust). I can easily find a new job as I'm a programmer. My worry is will changing jobs affect my ILR application? Do I need to notify HO as I'm a work permit holder?

(For application purpose NO) Not unless, you are applying for ILR under economic route. (Which I presume you are'nt)

However, if you are looking for a new job, as per your conditions on WP, you will have to inform the HO abt the change in circumstances.

Bit about me:
My applications seems to straight forward, arrived in UK 1st oct 2003 and have 5.5 years student visa + 5 years work permit.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

bhargav.ganti
Newly Registered

Post by bhargav.ganti » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:37 pm

Hello. My wife applied for 10 yrs ILR. Please update the status in skydrive.

ILR Applied - 25-Jul-13
Acknowledgement Recd. - 29-Jul-13
Biometrics Letter - 2-Aug-13
Biometrics given - 13-Aug-13

Everything else awaited :-(

Benito

Post by Benito » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:29 pm

Dear Damanisshallo and all "Forummates",

Could you please help me with advice?
I asked this before (not sure if you remember) but just want to doubble check:

Assuming I'll get ILR, can I apply for ILR for my UK born baby instead of applying for naturalization (MN1)?
Thing is we cannot have dual citizenship in the country where I am from and I have to travel there very often. If "Yes" - then which form shall I use? SET(F) or SET(O)?

Thank you in advance!

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:55 pm

Benito wrote:Dear Damanisshallo and all "Forummates",

Assuming I'll get ILR, can I apply for ILR for my UK born baby instead of applying for naturalization (MN1)?
Thing is we cannot have dual citizenship in the country where I am from and I have to travel there very often. If "Yes" - then which form shall I use? SET(F) or SET(O)?

Thank you in advance!
Would you be happy to share which country you are from. (Only to find the best possible solution)
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Benito

Post by Benito » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:49 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
Benito wrote:Dear Damanisshallo and all "Forummates",

Thank you in advance!
Would you be happy to share which country you are from. (Only to find the best possible solution)
I have sent private message to you, let me know if you haven't received it please?
Thanks

M2013
Russia

Please, updated on skydrive

Post by M2013 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:38 pm

Hi all.
My daughter's IRL permit based on 10 years where
1 year - student visa, HSMP dependant + Tier 1 dependant visas 9 years:

Application sent - 26 July 2013
Application letter recieved - 29 July 2013
Payment - post office transactions
Biometric invited - 02 August 2013
Biometrics Done: 06 August 2013
Waiting

Thank you

maphubs
Newly Registered

Hello

Post by maphubs » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:13 am

I think your employer are obliged to inform to Home Office. If you will not inform they will inform. As far as you have pass 10 years legal stay in UK and did not breach immigration rules then you will be granted ILR hopefully.

Also by the time your application under process you can't switch and start another job as you need to obtain Tier2 or Work permit for that job which is not possible because your application for ILR is under process.

I hope this help.

Thanks
meb4ne1 wrote:Hello Gurus,

Bit about me:

maphubs
Newly Registered

FOI - Number of applications

Post by maphubs » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:33 am

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6u8arkplceej ... _28880.pdf

Yes, there are so far less application. I obtained this FOI request earlier, check yourself this HO response via above link

Thanks
Maxwell wrote:Did you notice there are less people in Skydrive in 2013 than in 2012?

What do you think?

syed07
Newly Registered

sky drive

Post by syed07 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:01 am

can any one update the sky drive please i have applied for ILR on LR 10 year bases,
6 years student + 2 years PSW + 2 years Tier 1 General + 3 years Tier 1 General Extension
Application sent : 30 /09/13
payment taken: 03 /10/13
Acknowledgement letter received: 15 /10/13
Bio metric letter received: 19/10/13
Bio metric done: 21/10/13
Documents : waiting
Approval letter : waiting

Kind regard

Tobi
Newly Registered

Re: sky drive

Post by Tobi » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:20 am

syed07 wrote:can any one update the sky drive please i have applied for ILR on LR 10 year bases,
6 years student + 2 years PSW + 2 years Tier 1 General + 3 years Tier 1 General Extension
Application sent : 30 /09/13
payment taken: 03 /10/13
Acknowledgement letter received: 15 /10/13
Bio metric letter received: 19/10/13
Bio metric done: 21/10/13
Documents : waiting
Approval letter : waiting

Kind regard
SkyDrive updated, wish you all the best.

kadd
Newly Registered

Issued on 15/October/2013(ILR 10 YEAR RULE)

Post by kadd » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:22 am

Hi Damanisshallo and other Gurus

The date my ILR was issued is 15/October/2013-----My daughter was born on 25/September/2013
So you said form MN1,is all I need to fill as the first step, to British citizenship for my daughter.
Is that all that I need to do ???
Remember, I said in my previous post, I found it slightly confusing and was not very sure----its the one I had to fill !!

Thanks for your unconditional advice

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Issued on 15/October/2013(ILR 10 YEAR RULE)

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:27 am

kadd wrote:Hi Damanisshallo and other Gurus

The date my ILR was issued is 15/October/2013-----My daughter was born on 25/September/2013
So you said form MN1,is all I need to fill as the first step, to British citizenship for my daughter.
Is that all that I need to do ???
Yes, provided you already got her full birth certificate to hand.
Skydrives, Templates

naumanch
Newly Registered

SET (LR)

Post by naumanch » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:02 am

hi dear,
could any one please tell me what is average waiting time for set LR i applied 24 August 2013.
thankx

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: SET (LR)

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:38 am

naumanch wrote:hi dear,
could any one please tell me what is average waiting time for set LR i applied 24 August 2013.
thankx
Not sure but you can have a look at http://sdrv.ms/16pWZgi which is just a small sample. Remember, the actual figures could be much higher.
Skydrives, Templates