ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Knowledge of language and UK Degree

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MAN1
Newly Registered

Knowledge of language and UK Degree

Post by MAN1 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:55 pm

Hi All,

My naturalisation is due in Feb 2014. I have a Masters Degree from a recognised University in London.

Would I be required to take Knowledge of language test again.

Any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks,

MAN1

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:35 pm

If you have a LIUK certificate it will remain valid in addition to your degree, you will satisfy the KoLL requirement post 28-Oct-2013.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:38 pm

Hi Amber,

Quick Q I have a freind who has got ILR and will apply for citizenship in March, has done the LIUK test
Studying Pharmacy in a UK University, done ILETS more than 2 years ago acheived the B1 level

Q is they qualify in august after the application, university wont supply them with any docs

What should they do??
Hi I would like to join this forum for the benefit of myself and others

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:42 pm

Assuming that 'friend' was a PBS applicant and they satisfied a B1 EC requirement, then that should still suffice.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:45 pm

D4109125 wrote:Assuming that 'friend' was a PBS applicant and they satisfied a B1 EC requirement, then that should still suffice.
thanks Amber,

It is not clear in the document, any links where I can send it to my freind

Regards

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:56 pm

Sure, see:
Page 3 wrote:If you already have a qualification at B1 level
Applicants who already have an English language qualification at B1 level or above will not be
required to take another one. For example, someone who demonstrated a knowledge of English
equivalent to B1 level when applying for entry clearance will not be required to take a further test in
order to qualify settlement.
I assume that will be applied to naturalisation as per the current option, one will need to wait until the 28-oct-2013 when the new AN form is released to be sure.

MAN1
Newly Registered

Post by MAN1 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:42 pm

D4109125 wrote:If you have a LIUK certificate it will remain valid in addition to your degree, you will satisfy the KoLL requirement post 28-Oct-2013.
Many thanks Amber.

MAN1

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:08 pm

I assume that will be applied to naturalisation as per the current option, one will need to wait until the 28-oct-2013 when the new AN form is released to be sure.[/quote]

Thanks Amber

teekay125

Language - No test - UK NARIC recognised Degree accepted?

Post by teekay125 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:33 pm

Hi, Reading from below link, from 28/Oct/2013, there are language qualifications required BUT if your qualification is acceptable as per UK NARIC, you will not need to pass any additional language exam. Can someone please comment on this? Many thanks!

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... hip/kol-uk

The following qualifications will be accepted for settlement and naturalisation purposes

Degrees taught in English
Those who have obtained a degree taught in English will not be required to show a formal speaking and listening qualification. Those with an academic qualification (not a professional or vocational qualification) who
provide appropriate evidence that the qualification was taught or researched in English are considered automatically to meet the English language component of the KoLL requirement and will not be
required to show a formal speaking and listening qualification. The qualification must be deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the
UK
. However, they will still be required to pass the Life in the UK test to demonstrate their knowledge of life in the UK

Pqek

Post by Pqek » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:42 pm

D4109125 wrote: I assume that will be applied to naturalisation as per the current option, one will need to wait until the 28-oct-2013 when the new AN form is released to be sure.
You talk about a new AN form to be released on 28th October; do you have any basis to state this different than the fact that the new form looks incomplete re English requirements?

If this is true, what about people applying on the 28th like myself?