ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Dates on Issued UK family Visit visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sworld
Newly Registered

Change of Dates on Issued UK family Visit visa

Post by sworld » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:05 am

Team,

My apologies at the outset, if I have posted this in the wrong section.

The issue is, my in-laws have been issued a 6 month UK visit visa today, but with wrong dates (Oct '13 to Apr '13 instead of Nov'13 to May '13 as was requested in the application).

Now, would a simple application to the high commission via VFS asking for Visa with the requested dates suffice OR do we have to provide any proof?

We have not yet booked the tickets, since visa was awaited and I cannot think of any other proof, which can be provided.

An early response from the gurus will be really appreciated, since we are planning to approach VFS tomorrow.

Thanks & Regards,
sworld
Last edited by sworld on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

bond.boy203

Post by bond.boy203 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:25 am

Now a days Visit visas are issued from the date of approval not future dated.

Although the date seems to be an error, I think their intention was to issue visa from Oct-2013 to April-2014.

I think VFS is a good starting point.

sworld
Newly Registered

Post by sworld » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:14 am

Thanks bond.boy203.

Will kick off the process with VFS. Hope they change the dates.

Regards,
sworld

tojakawale
Newly Registered

Re: Change of Dates on Issued UK family Visit visa

Post by tojakawale » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:03 am

Hi Sword, I am in similar situation like yours wherein the high commission has provided me with EEA Family visa with wrong dates. Were you successful in your endeavor to get the dates changed by submitting a letter and your passport to high commission through VFS office?? Please let me know, I will do the same.
I am told they generally provide the visa approval date from the date of application, if that is the case I was thinking I will delay my request to high commission until my actual travel planned date. What are your suggestions on this please?
So much for being proactive eh? Thank you very much in anticipation of your valuable feedback.
Cheers!