ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa for Spain

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

philwafc

Schengen Visa for Spain

Post by philwafc » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:14 pm

Hi

My wife has an appointment for a Spanish tourist visa at the VFS office in Manchester. She's Ethiopian and i'm British.

Their website states what documents are needed for her application. Including 3 months bank statements, letter from her employer, travel insurance, flight and accomodation confirmation. As we are travelling together (for 10 day holiday) does she need to provide all of these documents or would we be ok with just our marriage certificate, her residence permit and passport and my passport? (our 2 children will also be travelling with us on British passports)

Thanks

mick5

Post by mick5 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:27 pm

Hi I recently traveled to spain with my Girl friend and i have "family member of EEA nation residence " on my passport i had visa just in case but when i reached in Majorca airport IO saw my passport and residence card told me you do not need visa when you are traveling together and he did not stamp on my passport. But when i applied for visa here in London through VFS they asked me to provide 3 month Bank statements paid air and hotel booking and insurance and after 3 days i got call my passport is ready for collection.

philwafc

Post by philwafc » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:07 pm

Hi

It doesn't say family member of EEA national on my wife's permit so she needs to get the Shengen. Probably get all the documents together then to be on the safe side although she only has 1 month bank statement.
Thanks

mick5

Post by mick5 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:57 pm

I had only 2 months bank statements but i called my bank and asked them to send me previous 3 months statements they said we are sending now to your local branch just pop in there and they will print out 3 months bank statements on bank letter head plus they send me cover letter aswell.
your wife can ask her bank to send cover letter to her local branch which will be more then enough if you have time then they will post it i didnt have time so they send letter via mail to my local branch
if your wife doesn't have "Family member of EEA National " on her passport better get visa.