ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any June applicants out there still waiting?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:40 pm

scrapper wrote:
Derivaz wrote:
scrapper wrote:
Sahib1 wrote:Waiting since 25th of June. Response recieved. No decision has been made yet.? Anyone else waiting from June?
Sahib1 any news regarding your application?

I am still waiting and waiting, it feels like I have been waiting centuries.
you'll probably get it when you least expect it
Derivaz I hope you are right.

I am not expecting it to receive tomorrow.
thats what happens to everyone haha when you have given up, then you get it lol

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:18 am

beebritish wrote:Received approval today, dated 14 October. We applied on 13 June, acknowledgement letter dated 17 June. The letter says not to contact LA but to wait until we receive invitation letter. Finally, after 4 months. Good luck everyone, I wish you all get your approval soon.
Beebritish Congratulations, its time for the celebrations :)

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:01 pm

beebritish wrote:Received approval today, dated 14 October. We applied on 13 June, acknowledgement letter dated 17 June. The letter says not to contact LA but to wait until we receive invitation letter. Finally, after 4 months. Good luck everyone, I wish you all get your approval soon.
Congrats, but didn't the approval letter give you the L.A.'s contact info and asked you to contact them to arrange the ceremony? mine told me to contact them within 21 days and arrange a ceremony

beebritish

Post by beebritish » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:56 pm

Derivaz wrote:Congrats, but didn't the approval letter give you the L.A.'s contact info and asked you to contact them to arrange the ceremony? mine told me to contact them within 21 days and arrange a ceremony
Thanks, was about time! No, as I said above, the letter said not to contact LA but to wait until we receive our invitation from them. If nothing arrives in the next 2 weeks then to contact nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and request an update. Did you apply via NCS? Might be difference in process as we applied personally via post, or it maybe varies from council to council. I read on this forum that lots of people got similar response as well.

Btw, only hubby who is EEA received approval letter yesterday with remainder of the docs in the special delivery envelope we sent with the applications. My (non EEA) application approval letter is still in the post, sent yesterday via 2nd class post, although we supplied them with the special delivery envelope. :shock: I'm curious to know why have they done it that way...

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:36 pm

beebritish wrote:
Derivaz wrote:Congrats, but didn't the approval letter give you the L.A.'s contact info and asked you to contact them to arrange the ceremony? mine told me to contact them within 21 days and arrange a ceremony
Thanks, was about time! No, as I said above, the letter said not to contact LA but to wait until we receive our invitation from them. If nothing arrives in the next 2 weeks then to contact nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and request an update. Did you apply via NCS? Might be difference in process as we applied personally via post, or it maybe varies from council to council. I read on this forum that lots of people got similar response as well.

Btw, only hubby who is EEA received approval letter yesterday with remainder of the docs in the special delivery envelope we sent with the applications. My (non EEA) application approval letter is still in the post, sent yesterday via 2nd class post, although we supplied them with the special delivery envelope. :shock: I'm curious to know why have they done it that way...
Yes, I applied via the NCS, so not sure if that makes any difference or maybe the council; my pal got the same approval letter as me and applied through the same NCS...

Regarding your applications; well if yours is non EEA, it might take longer if they need more checks, but if they were both approved; it must be royal mail's fault....

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:49 pm

Beebritish when are you throwing a wild party, and are we invited ?

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:08 pm

scrapper wrote:
lol

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:18 pm

Derivaz wrote:
scrapper wrote:
lol
Derivaz dont worry if Beebritish does not invite you, i will buy you few beers :)

I don't think Beebritish is stingy at all.

beebritish

Post by beebritish » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:33 pm

scrapper wrote:
Derivaz wrote:
scrapper wrote:
lol
Derivaz dont worry if Beebritish does not invite you, i will buy you few beers :)

Hahaha, sure peeps, soon as I get that bloody thing through my post - I don't want to jinx it :D I can't wait to get it over and done with, including the ceremony and the passport application, together with the interview. I just hope they are not sending me a refusal!! :roll: Will keep you posted :twisted:

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:38 pm

beebritish wrote:
scrapper wrote:
Derivaz wrote:
scrapper wrote:
lol

Hahaha, sure peeps, soon as I get that bloody thing through my post - I don't want to jinx it :D I can't wait to get it over and done with, including the ceremony and the passport application, together with the interview. I just hope they are not sending me a refusal!! :roll: Will keep you posted :twisted:
Dear members of the immigrationboards.com, this is an open invitation from Beebritish to join us for free drinks and wild celebration dance night party. A venue will be announced by Beebritish shortly.

Derivaz will be the DJ in the house. Please stay tuned for further information

beebritish

Post by beebritish » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:45 pm

scrapper wrote:Dear members of the immigrationboards.com, this is an open invitation from Beebritish to join us for free drinks and wild celebration dance night party. A venue will be announced by Beebritish shortly.

no one mentioned free drinks - I've been misquoted lololol
on the other hand, everything else stands :D

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:45 pm

scrapper wrote:
Derivaz wrote:
scrapper wrote:
lol

Sounds like a plan :lol:

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:46 pm

beebritish wrote:
scrapper wrote:Dear members of the immigrationboards.com, this is an open invitation from Beebritish to join us for free drinks and wild celebration dance night party. A venue will be announced by Beebritish shortly.

Well, since I'll be the DJ, I think I'll earn the drinks, so it won't be free lol

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:56 am

anyone waiting from June ?

We applied Jointly (Husband / Wife ) on 17th June and so far nothing from HO.

I hope HO makes a decision on our application soon.

I would like to know how many other June folks are still waiting?

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:07 pm

beebritish wrote:

I got my certificate today; got free drinks, but non alcoholic lol

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:25 pm

Derivaz wrote:
beebritish wrote:

Derivaz congratulations man, time for celebrations :)

Sahib1
Newly Registered

Post by Sahib1 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:50 pm

Still waiting from 25th of June 2013. For some applications they are taking long. It probably a matter of luck whether you get a quick case worker or a slow less efficient one.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:53 pm

Sahib1 wrote:Still waiting from 25th of June 2013. For some applications they are taking long. It probably a matter of luck whether you get a quick case worker or a slow less efficient one.
yeah probably or some applications are more complex than others too

Sahib1
Newly Registered

Post by Sahib1 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:06 pm

How they measure complexity. I believe my application is a straight forward as I meet all the requirements. I do have got couple of parking tickets in the last year which I paid the fine on time . I have seen some getting approvals in 10 days with many fpns. I think it more down to the individual case worker. Some work faster and some are behind.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:14 pm

Sahib1 wrote:How they measure complexity. I believe my application is a straight forward as I meet all the requirements. I do have got couple of parking tickets in the last year which I paid the fine on time . I have seen some getting approvals in 10 days with many fpns. I think it more down to the individual case worker. Some work faster and some are behind.
complexity could be anything; the parking tickets, which I believe are FNPs, can make the application more complex than one without any at all; or someone who is applying via the EEA route, based on treaty rights and has employment gaps is more complex than one without any gap, etc... apart from that, the caseworker must make a difference as well. Some people say that some nationalities require extra checks, but not sure if that's true or not.

beebritish

Post by beebritish » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:35 pm

scrapper wrote:
Derivaz wrote:
Derivaz congratulations man, time for celebrations :)[/quote]

Congrats Derivaz! I received invitation today, ceremony booked for next Wednesday! Wootwoot!

beebritish

Post by beebritish » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:39 pm

Sahib1 wrote:Still waiting from 25th of June 2013. For some applications they are taking long. It probably a matter of luck whether you get a quick case worker or a slow less efficient one.
I agree with you Sahib. We applied on a same date as some guy who had lots of unpaid bills, parking tickets, debt collecting situations, non-paid council tax bills, etc and he got his application approved way before us. We received our application approvals only last week, after 4 months of waiting - he received it only after 5 wks or so. Mind you, we didn't have any of the above, nothing, and we didn't have anything else that could deem our applications to be 'complex'. So I do think that sometimes it comes right down to how motivated an officer is to get his workload cleared... Lazy sods...

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:21 pm

beebritish wrote:
I agree with you Sahib. We applied on a same date as some guy who had lots of unpaid bills, parking tickets, debt collecting situations, non-paid council tax bills, etc and he got his application approved way before us. We received our application approvals only last week, after 4 months of waiting - he received it only after 5 wks or so. Mind you, we didn't have any of the above, nothing, and we didn't have anything else that could deem our applications to be 'complex'. So I do think that sometimes it comes right down to how motivated an officer is to get his workload cleared... Lazy sods...
If that's true; it's awful and that caseworker that approved that should be disciplined!!
Last edited by Derivaz on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:10 pm

I think its more to do with security checks. Its a well known secret that some nationalities do face more checks.

Also, similarity in name or other details with someone on the watch list might trigger more checks.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:39 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:I think its more to do with security checks. Its a well known secret that some nationalities do face more checks.

Also, similarity in name or other details with someone on the watch list might trigger more checks.
I guess it makes sense; you don't want to naturalise a terrorist, criminal, etc...