ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 appeal and re-applying

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jocieland
Newly Registered

EEA2 appeal and re-applying

Post by jocieland » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:14 am

Hello all,

I've applied for the EEA2 and it's been refused. The reason is because my EEA National's EHIC was issued in the UK and not Italy. However, he DOES HAVE an EHIC from Italy, we simply submitted the UK one instead.

We are appealing this decision because on the guidance notes on the EEA2 application form, nowhere did it say the EHIC must be from EEA National's home country and NOT from the UK.

QUESTION 1: more or less what is the timeline for the paper appeal?
QUESTION 2: my EEA1 permit has expired two weeks ago (we received the decision of refusal 1 week ago). would it hurt if I simply reapplied again with the correct EHIC for the EEA2 res card even though my permit has expired? I figure, maybe we can appeal AND reapply and it can't hurt...

Let me know your thoughts. Many thanks everyone!

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: EEA2 appeal and re-applying

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:50 am

jocieland wrote:Hello all,

I've applied for the EEA2 and it's been refused. The reason is because my EEA National's EHIC was issued in the UK and not Italy. However, he DOES HAVE an EHIC from Italy, we simply submitted the UK one instead.

We are appealing this decision because on the guidance notes on the EEA2 application form, nowhere did it say the EHIC must be from EEA National's home country and NOT from the UK.

QUESTION 1: more or less what is the timeline for the paper appeal?
QUESTION 2: my EEA1 permit has expired two weeks ago (we received the decision of refusal 1 week ago). would it hurt if I simply reapplied again with the correct EHIC for the EEA2 res card even though my permit has expired? I figure, maybe we can appeal AND reapply and it can't hurt...

Let me know your thoughts. Many thanks everyone!

European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)

If you are an EEA national and do not intend to remain in the UK on a permanent basis, you can provide an original, valid EHIC issued by an EU member state other than the UK.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... ealthcare/
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021