ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 queries about Good character for Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:30 pm

D4109125 wrote:I would take what the call centre says with a big pinch of salt, I see no reason to declare it, yes they may see it but as no further action was taken it's immaterial unless you've had numerous investigations.
Thank you for your help and agree with your advice as I didn't declare it in my ILR application and when they granted ILR then obviously they must have done their checks before granting ilr so would not like to disclose this in citizenship application either, apart from this chat I don't have any other investigations done in the past so my only concern is this chat with police I had in 2011 and nothing else.

Thanks
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:36 am

I have read the following and belive that my chat would be held on the PND ( Police National Database) and then obviously UKBA would be able to see it, but am not sure if it is on PND or not so is there anyway to find?

http://www.parliament.uk/briefing-papers/SN06441.pdf‎

I have done PNC and Enhanced CRB(carried by employer) checks and nothing showed up but NOT sure if my PND record is clear so is there anyway to findout?and do they take into account any non-criminal information such as my chat with the officer?

thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:32 am

A SAR from your local police station for information held on the PNC (not PND) should show up anything unless it is deemed restricted for the purpose of an investigation.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:45 pm

What happens if citizenship is refused? Is your ILR revoked if you are refused citizenship?

Amber are you an Immigration solicitor or deal with clients? Just curious and really appreciate your help on this forum.

Thankyou

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:07 pm

No your ?ILR wouldn't be revoked unless you were deceptive in the ILR application. I'm not an adviser, rather, academic.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

creampuff
Newly Registered

Post by creampuff » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:43 pm

navalaviator wrote:I have read the following and belive that my chat would be held on the PND ( Police National Database) and then obviously UKBA would be able to see it, but am not sure if it is on PND or not so is there anyway to find?

I have done PNC and Enhanced CRB(carried by employer) checks and nothing showed up but NOT sure if my PND record is clear so is there anyway to findout?and do they take into account any non-criminal information such as my chat with the officer?

thanks
OP, you have been asking the same question since June and you have been getting told the same thing since June: you have nothing to disclose. Get a grip - you are not sounding reasonable. You have not been arrested or charged or cautioned or convicted, end of, nothing to disclose.

I know you are going to write back "but what about the PND?" You.have.nothing.to.disclose.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:29 am

creampuff wrote:
navalaviator wrote:I have read the following and belive that my chat would be held on the PND ( Police National Database) and then obviously UKBA would be able to see it, but am not sure if it is on PND or not so is there anyway to find?

thanks
OP, you have been asking the same question since June and you have been getting told the same thing since June: you have nothing to disclose. Get a grip - you are not sounding reasonable. You have not been arrested or charged or cautioned or convicted, end of, nothing to disclose.

I know you are going to write back "but what about the PND?" You.have.nothing.to.disclose.
Thankyou :)

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:42 pm

navalaviator wrote:
creampuff wrote:

thanks

Navalaviator when will you allow your "little chat" to rest in peace? Many on the forum will exchange your little chat instead of an actual conviction, caution, fine, 2 FPNs and the list goes on....please let it RIP. You are stressing over NOTHING ! All the best with your application.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:09 am

Heisgood wrote:
navalaviator wrote:
creampuff wrote:

thanks

Navalaviator when will you allow your "little chat" to rest in peace? Many on the forum will exchange your little chat instead of an actual conviction, caution, fine, 2 FPNs and the list goes on....please let it RIP. You are stressing over NOTHING ! All the best with your application.
Appreciate your support honestly :) and wish you good luck with your application :) that chat is like a very bad nightmare and has given me many sleepless nights over the last 2 years and still haunts me. lol :evil:
but now have forgotten it completely after some wonderful advice and support by excellent people here.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:54 am

Chat with police could lead to refusal?

I really think you have serious mental problems. You do not need immigration advice. What you are in great need of is, is a psychiatrist's help. He might need to administer heavy electric shocks to your brain and give you sedative drugs.

For how long have you suffered with this kind condition? Some meditation and yoga could help too.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:07 am

Ayyubi72, bear in mind that you are already on thin ice and do not insult other people.

robinor9
Newly Registered

Good Charactor

Post by robinor9 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:43 am

Can some ans this for me lease, in July 2010 i was charge for driving without insurance even though i was not the one driving as ask i friend of mine after driving to Scotland and was not feeling well and ask my friend to take over driving until i was better able to drive enter Scotland and was stop by the police, my friend had a license but was not on my insurance so they charge us, it went to a Scottish court i was charge and received 8 points on my License last year i did rang home office and they told me i must wait until 5 years before i can apply for citizenship on 21 of this month and 5 years can i now apply and do i have to declare this, in feb 2011 i was also driving a minibus and was stop by the police and was fine £ 60 driving not accord with license and received 3 points as well should also declare this. and do you think i have got any chance of a successful application.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:06 am

D4109125 wrote:Ayyubi72, bear in mind that you are already on thin ice and do not insult other people.
I wonder why I was put on thin ice in the first place? Can someone point out the post that put me on thin ice?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:14 am

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Re: Good Charactor

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:38 am

robinor9 wrote:Can some ans this for me lease, in July 2010 i was charge for driving without insurance even though i was not the one driving as ask i friend of mine after driving to Scotland and was not feeling well and ask my friend to take over driving until i was better able to drive enter Scotland and was stop by the police, my friend had a license but was not on my insurance so they charge us, it went to a Scottish court i was charge and received 8 points on my License last year i did rang home office and they told me i must wait until 5 years before i can apply for citizenship on 21 of this month and 5 years can i now apply and do i have to declare this, in feb 2011 i was also driving a minibus and was stop by the police and was fine £ 60 driving not accord with license and received 3 points as well should also declare this. and do you think i have got any chance of a successful application.
Your conviction of July 2010 MUST be declared in section 3.7 of form AN. Because the rules have changed, this kind of conviction now gets disregarded after 3 years, so you it should not have any adverse effect on your application.

You haven't mentioned cleary, but I am pretty sure in feb 2011 you got fixed penalty and a conviction through the court. If that is the case, then you do not need to declare this. You will need to send the counterpart license with your application though.

On the other hand, I think you have been totally careless that once you get convicted of an offence, and you know it may effect your nationality application, and then you go and drive a vehicle without a license.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:48 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:
robinor9 wrote:Can some ans this for me lease, in July 2010 i was charge for driving without insurance even though i was not the one driving as ask i friend of mine after driving to Scotland and was not feeling well and ask my friend to take over driving until i was better able to drive enter Scotland and was stop by the police, my friend had a license but was not on my insurance so they charge us, it went to a Scottish court i was charge and received 8 points on my License last year i did rang home office and they told me i must wait until 5 years before i can apply for citizenship on 21 of this month and 5 years can i now apply and do i have to declare this, in feb 2011 i was also driving a minibus and was stop by the police and was fine £ 60 driving not accord with license and received 3 points as well should also declare this. and do you think i have got any chance of a successful application.
Your conviction of July 2010 MUST be declared in section 3.7 of form AN. Because the rules have changed, this kind of conviction now gets disregarded after 3 years, so you it should not have any adverse effect on your application.

You haven't mentioned cleary, but I am pretty sure in feb 2011 you got fixed penalty and a conviction through the court. If that is the case, then you do not need to declare this. You will need to send the counterpart license with your application though.

On the other hand, I think you have been totally careless that once you get convicted of an offence, and you know it may effect your nationality application, and then you go and drive a vehicle without a license.
A conviction must be declared otherwise that may be deemed as deception. Which is not only a refusal but also a 10 year ban.

robinor9
Newly Registered

Good character

Post by robinor9 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:30 pm

thanks for your reply, but my first conviction was 0ct 2008 and the other with 3 points was on feb 2011 are you saying i dont need to disclose this one.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:31 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:Chat with police could lead to refusal?

I really think you have serious mental problems. You do not need immigration advice. What you are in great need of is, is a psychiatrist's help. He might need to administer heavy electric shocks to your brain and give you sedative drugs.

For how long have you suffered with this kind condition? Some meditation and yoga could help too.
lolzzzzz :lol: no offence taken at all :D

Well the reason for so much worrying is because officer took my name,address and date of birth etc. at the end of the chat and I have read in the form that as part of the checks & inquiries police is contacted (but don't know if they contact police for any pending or ongoing investigations as UKBA has access and check PNC themselves without contacting police) and was worried if my chat incident comes into light and the details of arguments as the officer took some notes of the arguments etc. on his notebook and if not disclosed then they might refuse.

so that's all what has caused me some serious anxiety and depression over the last 2 years.
:D

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:46 am

Well PNC is not there to record police "chats". Its PNC not a gossip magazine. If police were to record every "chat" they have with people then they will need to double their workforce.

On PNC only recordable offences are kept.

You have just made up all this scenario about you chat with police, PNC and UKBA reading that information.

Needless to say, it is just something that exists only in your brain, not in real world.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:48 am

You will find the PNC holds local intelligence information such as investigations even where the person was not arrested or convicted of an offence.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:41 pm

Thank you so much for your valuable advice and guidance, appreciate your help and have really put my mind at peace after almost over 2 years.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:17 am

D4109125 wrote:You will find the PNC holds local intelligence information such as investigations even where the person was not arrested or convicted of an offence.
I know what is kept on PNC. I know because I know, and not just because I read it somewhere online. :twisted:

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:20 am

D4109125 wrote:
Ayyubi72 wrote:

A conviction must be declared otherwise that may be deemed as deception. Which is not only a refusal but also a 10 year ban.
Haven't I said that already that it must be declared? :evil:

creampuff
Newly Registered

Post by creampuff » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:35 pm

Just as aside, I feel that if you want British citizenship, then it may be best just not to drive until you get it.

There is no other aspect of your daily life which has as much potential to land you with a conviction which will disqualify you for 3 years.

At least if you do drive, be careful, make sure you are insured and don't ever drive faster than speed limit + 10% + 9mph, which is where a speed awareness course offer turns into a FPN. The Scots seem more strict with traffic law enforcement than the English too, so I wouldn't drive in Scotland at all.

robinor9
Newly Registered

Good Character

Post by robinor9 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:55 am

i Did already ask this question nut i wasnt clear the first time, in oct 21 2008 i was convicted in court of driving without insurance. can some one tell me how long can i wait until i can apply for Citizenship and should i disclose it .
Also in feb 2011 i was charge on the spot fine £60 for driving not accordance with license, should i also disclose this and will any of these affect my application. thank for you help