ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gap in Payslips -- Urgent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ChetanOjha

Gap in Payslips -- Urgent

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:42 pm

Hi Forum,

I am applying for HSMP. In the past 12 months of the employment I changed a job and for that month my employer settle the account by paying me by cheque/cash. So for that particular month I didn't received his payslip.
Now the problem is I am having a break in the 12 month payslip, whereas I was in employement for all the past 15 months.

Can I apply for HSMP using a gap in my 12 months payslip? Even if I am not calculating the missing months salary, I am getting enough point to score for HSMP?

Does anybody have apply with such case? Could any memeber advice?

Thanks
Chetan

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:43 pm

That's fine

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:49 am

Hi,

Can you please eloborate your reply.... Would appreciate your detailed reply...

Thanks
Chetan

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:07 am

Thats fine, you dont need to provide that months salary as long as you reach the threshold for the points.

HSMPreqJun07
Newly Registered

Post by HSMPreqJun07 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:24 am

the guidance says you can pick up any 12 months within the 15 last months, so you can ignore the month where you don't have a payslip

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:32 am

Hi Members,

Thanks for your prompt replies.... But is this is proven way...I mean can Caseworker reject the application based on this argument saying "I need to provide the consecutive 12 months payslips" ?

Thanks
Chetan

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:44 am

Chetanojha,
Even if you don't have a few payslips you can claim for them by showing alternate proof - like bank statement with salary for all months. As long as you have payslips from before and after the gap and you point out the continued salary from that source, it is not imperative that you send all payslips. I am hoping you put the cheques in and they have a relevant payee information (which they usually do). The tax return (or form 16/equivalent) will also prove that you have earned the salary and paid tax against it.
Mini

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:12 am

You can just stick a note for that corresponding month saying that you didnt worked etc. Also mention in the letter that you are satisfying the points without that months salary.

It shud be fine

debz

Post by debz » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:41 am

Hi Chetan,

I have encountered the same issue.. I even did not have any previous employee's payslips.. They issued me YTD statement (so, to support the YTD statement issue, I got a letter from the employer stating that they don't issue payslip for ex-employees, as per company policy).

In YTD statement, the month for final settlement did not reflect any amount. So, I got another letter from the employer covering this up.. alos I made them write the total earnings from the company during which I have claimed points.

Note, whatever it is, you should have the bank statement for the claimed duration and incomplete IT return fiscal year.. Also, if possible, use a highlighter to mark your salary figures, in the statement. In your case, if you have a copy of the cheque, get it notarized (back dated i.e prior to the date of submission of the same in your bank) and submit in the HSMP application set.. Also, highlight this cheque number in your bank statement. Mention the whole story in your cover letter (in brief).

Hope ii helps.
Regards,
Debjani.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:45 am

Actually you don't highlight the amount for the caseworker, someone called them on this one and they consider that to be tampering with the statement

debz

Post by debz » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:51 am

@ SYH..

I have highlighted the figures on my bank statement and my case was approved.. I even got the EC too.. My husband also did the same, he also got approval.. I leave it to the reader to choose..
Regards,
Debjani.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:53 am

Yeah great, it doesn't mean you won't be approved, but they prefer that you don't do it.

HSMP009
Newly Registered

Post by HSMP009 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:34 pm

Hi EveryOne,

This is my first post, though i have been reading through the FORUM from last 6months. Thanks to everyone for the valuable information provided.

I have got the HSMP approval letter on 15th March dated. I have also applied for EC and got refused today ( June 12th 07) . EC people have retained my HMSP original letter.

Time Lines:
EC applied : 28th May
EC Refused: 11th June
11 working days

Reason for rejection: They have given only 30 points for my previous earnings ( originally claimed for earnings was 45pts, Educ: 30pts , Age 5pts). They have not considered my reimbursement which is part of my CTC. They have only considered my Salary part.

CTC is divided into ( Salary + Reimbursement ) for tax benefit.

I donot want to reapply or Appeal as they may still say the same.

So main question is can i apply for new HSMP letter ( reapply with for a new HSMP approval with only salary excluding Reimbursement). Can i apply for another HSMP with one already valid.. is there any time limit.

My old HSMP is valid till Sep 06, can I apply for another HSMP.

Thanks
HSMP009

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:37 pm

Why would you want to reapply, this is another application fee?
Appeal is free? doesn't make sense to not try.

apeterso925

Post by apeterso925 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:45 pm

I didn't think appealing was an option with EC - is it?
SYH wrote:Why would you want to reapply, this is another application fee?
Appeal is free? doesn't make sense to not try.

roy_rajat

Post by roy_rajat » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:12 am

I am a bit confused. Does HSMP point evaluation for out of country applicants occurs twice? i.e first at the main HSMP application stage and second at the EC stage? Is it same for in country applicants applying to obtain FLR post HSMP approval? Do we (in country applicants) need to provide all the proofs for obtaining the points claimed once again when we apply for FLR?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:27 am

roy_rajat wrote:I am a bit confused. Does HSMP point evaluation for out of country applicants occurs twice? i.e first at the main HSMP application stage and second at the EC stage? Is it same for in country applicants applying to obtain FLR post HSMP approval? Do we (in country applicants) need to provide all the proofs for obtaining the points claimed once again when we apply for FLR?
I have been asking the same question for awhile and no one bothers to answer. When I applied, it seemed to go hand in hand but it seems to have become a two tiered process. If so, I think its outrageous, you pay for HSMP and then can't use it because you are denied EC. Seems almost like a scam to me.