ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Form and struggling to get Professional Reference

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

makkan00

MN1 Form and struggling to get Professional Reference

Post by makkan00 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:39 pm

Hi Chaps.
Bit disappointed :cry: .
I have two kids. One of them is 10 months old and other 26 months old. We have contacted their health visitors and tried the GPs.

Both of them have refused to fill and provide references for the kids.
Health visitor declined over the phone and GP read the form and after reading the first line 'person should know the child PERSONALLY', he has declined.

The form says that one person should know the child in professional relationship.

Surely there will be more people like us. So How do you guys deal with such situation and what is best for us?

Thanks.

SAN_2011
Newly Registered

Post by SAN_2011 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:50 pm

I am also worrying about my Health visitor and GP. What if they would refuse to provide references.

Please help us!!!

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:50 am

You can get any professional referee who knows you for 2 years, not necessarily knows the child. Just ask the person who signed for as your referee.

makkan00

Post by makkan00 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:18 pm

neoseal wrote:You can get any professional referee who knows you for 2 years, not necessarily knows the child. Just ask the person who signed for as your referee.
thanks. I am only applying for kid as I will have to wait for my naturalization.

makkan00

Post by makkan00 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:21 am

Do Parents have to send thier ILR biometric cards with MN1 appliction for the kids?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:30 pm

no,photocooies were fine in my case. only original long form birth cert
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:38 pm

If the child is U.K. born then registration under section 1(3) of the Act is an entitlement. As a result, it is unlikely that it can be refused even if a reference is missing.

We get questions on this subject almost every day, of these professionals refusing to sign a simple form to help the child they have cared for become a British citizen. Is this kind of attitude typical in Britain these days or is it an exception?

makkan00

Post by makkan00 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:26 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:no,photocooies were fine in my case. only original long form birth cert
Thanks.
JAJ wrote:If the child is U.K. born then registration under section 1(3) of the Act is an entitlement. As a result, it is unlikely that it can be refused even if a reference is missing.

We get questions on this subject almost every day, of these professionals refusing to sign a simple form to help the child they have cared for become a British citizen. Is this kind of attitude typical in Britain these days or is it an exception?
Thats true. I guess modern era is a bit selfish. Nobody wants to help especially if GPs have PINs from their councils and I suppose same goes for the health visitors.

And when they see that its home office paper work, the say straight away 'NO'.