ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do parking fines,bus lane & FPN affect my citizenship ap

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tahadeel

Do parking fines,bus lane & FPN affect my citizenship ap

Post by Tahadeel » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:43 pm

Hi
I will apply for citizenship within 3 months.
I have the following:
- In 30/12/12 I got cought by speeding camera and as a result got conditional FPN and 3 points endorsement on my driving licence.
- I've got bus lane ticket in December/12.
-I've got parking ticket in April/12.
-I've got parking ticket in Sept/2011.
-I've got parking ticket in Jan/2011.
I've got bus lane ticket in Jan/2011.

All these were not through court.
All these fines has been paid on time.

Question:
According to the new UKBA law for good character issued in 13/12/12, Does that affect my application for citizenship?
Thanks

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:08 pm

Not at all. They do not even need to be disclosed.

Tahadeel

Post by Tahadeel » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:43 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:Not at all. They do not even need to be disclosed.
Thanks for your quick reply. But is your answer based on the new guidance for good character?
What about the points on the counterpart? UKBA says on the website if you have endorsement must send a copy of the counterpart.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:25 pm

If the FPN points are on your licence, include the counterpart.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Tahadeel

Post by Tahadeel » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:42 pm

D4109125 wrote:If the FPN points are on your licence, include the counterpart.
Yes, I got FPN and 3 points in the counterpart. This is because of speeding camera.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:31 pm

Include the counterpart with the application.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Tahadeel

Post by Tahadeel » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:37 pm

D4109125 wrote:Include the counterpart with the application.
I'll include it with the application, but if you have a look at my whole situation, do you think my application will be refused due to numerous FPN (1) & car parking(4)& bus lane(2) fine?!

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:50 pm

Given you'll only be declaring the FPN, I doubt it.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:05 am

D4109125 wrote:Given you'll only be declaring the FPN, I doubt it.
Don't you think that numerous fixed penalty notices show pattern of offending as per the new guide?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:52 am

You guys are mixing and confusing FPN-fixed penalty notice and PCN-penalty charge notice. You can have a million PCN's but they still won't need to be declared and won't effect the outcome in any way.

Tahadeel

Post by Tahadeel » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:57 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:You guys are mixing and confusing FPN-fixed penalty notice and PCN-penalty charge notice. You can have a million PCN's but they still won't need to be declared and won't effect the outcome in any way.
But if you see the new application form for citizenship, they ask for car parking ticket as well!!!
Do you think if I don't declare them (parking ticket) they would find out?!!!!

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:49 am

Where?

Tahadeel

Post by Tahadeel » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:00 am

D4109125 wrote:Where?
Section 3
Good Character requirement
Question 3.7. There is a note under that question saying "fixed penalty notices (such as speed camera or parking tickets).

The new guidance for good character mentioned that if you have numerous FPN this could be recognised as non- custodial and ban the applecant for 3 years.

creampuff
Newly Registered

Post by creampuff » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:38 am

A parking ticket is a PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE - it is not a FPN.

No declare.

But you may want to read parking and bus lane signs better.... I use bus lanes (when not active) and park all over the place (when allowed) all the time and never get tickets ;)

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:12 am

Actually you will find that technically a FPN includes PCNs and PNDs.

Perhaps then it's wise to wait 12 months. There is a lot of ambiguous wording in nationality instructions. However, given a literal meaning to the questions FPNs may not need to be declared.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:23 am

I am corresponding with a senior caseworker to get clarification.

Tahadeel

Post by Tahadeel » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:28 am

D4109125 wrote:Actually you will find that technically a FPN includes PCNs and PNDs.

Perhaps then it's wise to wait 12 months. There is a lot of ambiguous wording in nationality instructions. However, given a literal meaning to the questions FPNs may not need to be declared.
In the last 12 months I have only speeding camera ticket and bus lane only. But the new policy in home office is saying "in the last 3 years"!!!!!

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:29 am

D4109125 wrote:I am corresponding with a senior caseworker to get clarification.

Tahadeel

Post by Tahadeel » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:36 pm

D4109125 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:I am corresponding with a senior caseworker to get clarification.
The below paragraph is from HO website
"Your criminal record
We will carry out criminal record checks on all applications from people aged 10 and over.

You must give details of all criminal convictions both within and outside the United Kingdom. This includes road traffic offences. Fixed fine notices will not normally be taken in to account unless you have multiple fixed fine notices in the last 12 months. Drink driving offences must be declared. If you have any endorsements on your driving licence, you must provide the paper counterpart."

But according to the new changes, the "12 months" has been replaced by 3 years.!!!!

Tahadeel

Post by Tahadeel » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:22 pm

navalaviator wrote:
D4109125 wrote:Given you'll only be declaring the FPN, I doubt it.
Don't you think that numerous fixed penalty notices show pattern of offending as per the new guide?
This is what I'm worried about "numerous" FPN.
But if don't declare the parking tickets, are they going to find out?
Do the councils keep records for every person who has got parking bus lane ticket?

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:55 pm

TahadeelT wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
"Your criminal record
We will carry out criminal record checks on all applications from people aged 10 and over.

You must give details of all criminal convictions both within and outside the United Kingdom. This includes road traffic offences. Fixed fine notices will not normally be taken in to account unless you have multiple fixed fine notices in the last 12 months. Drink driving offences must be declared. If you have any endorsements on your driving licence, you must provide the paper counterpart."

But according to the new changes, the "12 months" has been replaced by 3 years.!!!!
You stated "But according to the new changes, the "12 months" has been replaced by 3 years.!!!!"

Tahadeel - On what official HO document have you seen this change ? The new AN form and guide have no such thing.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

Tahadeel

Post by Tahadeel » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:11 pm

Heisgood wrote:
TahadeelT wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
"Your criminal record

You stated "But according to the new changes, the "12 months" has been replaced by 3 years.!!!!"

Tahadeel - On what official HO document have you seen this change ? The new AN form and guide have no such thing.
Just type in google "good character requirement" then you have a PDF documents issued in 2 October 2013 from home office.
It's official and the HO website will be updated in 28 October 2013

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:40 pm

Tahadeel wrote:
Heisgood wrote:
TahadeelT wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
"Your criminal record

Just type in google "good character requirement" then you have a PDF documents issued in 2 October 2013 from home office.
It's official and the HO website will be updated in 28 October 2013
Tahadeel- There is no such thing on that document that states you have to disclose FPNs for the last 3yrs. Please read it carefully.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

Tahadeel

Post by Tahadeel » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:39 am

Thanks for all.

One of the PCN which occurred in 18 Sept. 2011. I did appeal against it but did not succed, then appealed to for second time to the independent traffice penalty tribunal and did not succed as well.!

Do you think this will be considered as conviction and refuse my application until 18 Sept 2014?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:41 am

It's not a conviction.