ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

desertlord

Question on referees

Post by desertlord » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:27 pm

Do they actually contact your referees?

I hope it is a sign they have started processing my application when they contact referees?

What question would they expect to ask them?

VR

Random Checks

Post by VR » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:29 am

desertlord,

They do random sampling and contact referees. Apparently they can check with Referees on whether they know you, for how long have they known you and maybe they may ask a few more questions if they suspect something fishy, like how many kids you have and so on.

There is no need to be worried on this front unnecessarily.
cheers
vr

p2kin

Re: Question on referees

Post by p2kin » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:01 am

desertlord wrote:Do they actually contact your referees?

I hope it is a sign they have started processing my application when they contact referees?
Did your referee tell you that they got letter from UKBA? If so, I'd say if you don't mind spending another £10-15, then ask referees to send back by next day delivery sponsored by you.. :)

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:32 am

My referees were not contacted. It can be random sampling or they will contact in case of defects in good character.

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:34 pm

VR,
Not worries, only as metioned above, it may be a way to know they started processing my application rather than just waiting. Any there isn't much to do about things now they are busy