ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any June applicants out there still waiting?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

beebritish

Post by beebritish » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:19 pm

Derivaz wrote:
Ayyubi72 wrote:I think its more to do with security checks. Its a well known secret that some nationalities do face more checks.

Also, similarity in name or other details with someone on the watch list might trigger more checks.
I guess it makes sense; you don't want to naturalise a terrorist, criminal, etc...
Fair enough - I'm sure that there is a number of criteria they need to check. But in the above case, it's weird that they have approved all applications we submitted so far - family permit, FMRS stamp, residence permit and finally permanent residence, only to sit on our citizenship applications 4 months and on the other hand quickly approving applications to some guys who obviously have a chronic bill paying problems... So I'm still convinced that in some cases it's just down to effectiveness of HO staff :evil:

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:24 pm

beebritish wrote:
Derivaz wrote:
Ayyubi72 wrote:I think its more to do with security checks. Its a well known secret that some nationalities do face more checks.

Also, similarity in name or other details with someone on the watch list might trigger more checks.
I guess it makes sense; you don't want to naturalise a terrorist, criminal, etc...
Fair enough - I'm sure that there is a number of criteria they need to check. But in the above case, it's weird that they have approved all applications we submitted so far - family permit, FMRS stamp, residence permit and finally permanent residence, only to sit on our citizenship applications 4 months and on the other hand quickly approving applications to some guys who obviously have a chronic bill paying problems... So I'm still convinced that in some cases it's just down to effectiveness of HO staff :evil:
Yeah the HO caseworker you get must have an influence as well... it's a combination of factors, I suppose.... I think that the person that approved the applicant that you described should be disciplined, if it's true.....

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:03 pm

Finally I have received our approval today. Such a relief.

Letter dated 17th October 2013, received 25th Oct 2013.

Good luck to all waiting.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:48 pm

scrapper wrote:Finally I have received our approval today. Such a relief.

Letter dated 17th October 2013, received 25th Oct 2013.

Good luck to all waiting.
congrats

Sahib1
Newly Registered

Post by Sahib1 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:25 pm

Congrats Scrapper.

That is a good news. I applied on 25th June. Now I hope mine is also with the same caseworker and will come through soon.

Sahib1
Newly Registered

Post by Sahib1 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:36 pm

Anyone else applied in June ? and are still waiting for decision?

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:48 pm

Sahib1 wrote:Anyone else applied in June ? and are still waiting for decision?
Sahib1 I think yours is already approved and is in transit. You should get yours next week or after next.

All the best.

Sahib1
Newly Registered

Post by Sahib1 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:00 pm

Thanks Scrapper. Fingers crossed. I am hoping for the best in next couple of weeks.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:14 am

Sahib1 wrote:Thanks Scrapper. Fingers crossed. I am hoping for the best in next couple of weeks.
If you meet the criteria and your application is genuine, you'll get your approval, it might take a while, but you'll get it.

shavgreig
Newly Registered

Post by shavgreig » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:20 pm

Could I contact ukba for my application process it was in June 12, 2013 and no news yet?

shavgreig
Newly Registered

Post by shavgreig » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:23 pm

yes I'm still waiting too hope it will be soon for us. My friend just applied just this October and after 2 weeks she received the letter of confirmation for her citizenship

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:25 pm

shavgreig wrote:Could I contact ukba for my application process it was in June 12, 2013 and no news yet?
No, you have to wait until the 12th of December at least, you can email them, but it's useless, because they make up the answers and don't even check

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:26 pm

shavgreig wrote:
yes I'm still waiting too hope it will be soon for us. My friend just applied just this October and after 2 weeks she received the letter of confirmation for her citizenship
the confirmation of citizenship is your naturalisation certificate and you get it from your local authority at the ceremony; your friend must have got an approval letter, but that doesn't confirm his citizenship, because he's not british yet until he attends the ceremony...

forbc123

Post by forbc123 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:50 pm

shavgreig wrote:
@shavgreig - any idea what date your friend applied and method of application? the reason I'm asking is I applied in first week, 5th of October, all I have got is acknowledgement letter

shavgreig
Newly Registered

Post by shavgreig » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:12 pm

forbc123 wrote:
shavgreig wrote:
@shavgreig - any idea what date your friend applied and method of application? the reason I'm asking is I applied in first week, 5th of October, all I have got is acknowledgement letter
. @ Forbc123, she apllied 1st of October got the acknowledgement 9th October, she received approval letter 18th and she booked her oath taking on 11th November she applied through post. And I applied through NCS.

forbc123

Post by forbc123 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:14 pm

shavgreig wrote:
forbc123 wrote:
shavgreig wrote:
. @ Forbc123, she apllied 1st of October got the acknowledgement 9th October, she received approval letter 18th and she booked her oath taking on 11th November she applied through post. And I applied through NCS.
thats superfast I must say..thanks for info shavgreig

shavgreig
Newly Registered

Post by shavgreig » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:21 pm

forbc123 wrote:
shavgreig wrote:
forbc123 wrote:
shavgreig wrote: yes I'm still waiting too hope it will be soon for us. My friend just applied just this October and after 2 weeks she received the letter of confirmation for her citizenship
ur welcome, it is super fast but I applied June and still I'm still waiting, hope we will get our letters soon :)

forbc123

Post by forbc123 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:28 pm

shavgreig wrote:
forbc123 wrote:
shavgreig wrote:
forbc123 wrote:
ur welcome, it is super fast but I applied June and still I'm still waiting, hope we will get our letters soon :)
at this point in time all I can say is all the best! every thing will be okay friend!

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:45 pm

congrats to scrapper

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:16 pm

njoy1987 wrote:congrats to scrapper
did you get your passport?

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:04 pm

Thank you njoy1987. Did you get your passport?

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:38 pm

scrapper wrote:
Thank you njoy1987. Did you get your passport?
I think he was approved a month before me, so he must have

Sahib1
Newly Registered

Post by Sahib1 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:40 pm

shavgreig wrote:
Any update or news on your applications shavgreig? I am still waiting applied on 24th june 2013

Sahib1
Newly Registered

Post by Sahib1 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:42 pm

Anyone else still waiting from june?

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:19 pm

Sahib1 wrote:Anyone else still waiting from june?
probably not many