ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

extra long time for processing in Canada?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

RasaGarden
Newly Registered

extra long time for processing in Canada?

Post by RasaGarden » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:03 pm

I have been looking all over the web and the Canadian web site for processing times on various PR routes to get into Canada. Mostly they don't tell you how long the processing times will take. I found one place that said all applications take at least 18 months, but it wasn't anything official. I have seen on the Canadian website that for different routes in different offices around the world processing times may be up to 90 some months! Does it really take so long for all these applications? 18 months at least? Is there anyway you can be in Canada for the time you are waiting?
Thank you :)

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:24 pm

Yes it does take that long, you can apply for Canada visitor visa to visit. If you have job offer in Canada then it can be much quicker or if you are already working in Canada then you can apply PR in country.