ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New AN form from 28-Oct-2013

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:17 pm

I hope they do , and soon, as there is not much time left,if they do make such a change. This is so ridiculous and annoying!
Challenges make life worth it!

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:58 pm

D4109125 wrote:I have raised concern that the KoLL requirement is stating that NARIC must deem the degree to have been taught in English. However, it appears that NARIC only provide a English Language Assessment for Bachelor degrees and not Masters or PhDs. Thus it should be a NARIC statement of comparability plus proof it was taught in English. I await a response.
another thing I noticed, they made LIUK certificate original/certified copy must now....

What happened to "I passed LIUK for settlement application" option?
Can you please check that too?

Also, I was expecting something like "I provided English language requirement for my initial/entry clearance application" option

What about T1G/T2G applicants?

Fairychild

Post by Fairychild » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:11 pm

p2kin I've emailed the home office to ask about exactly that. Will let you know I hear anything...

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:16 pm

It would appear that 'the mere fact' you passed a B1 level requirement for EC it will not suffice alone for naturalisation unless you were granted ILR after 28-Oct-2013.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Pqek

Post by Pqek » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:40 pm

Good thing is they did not reformat the pages. Referees are still in page 14 therefore I can use the page already signed and Just fill the rest once again.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:53 pm

Sounds a bit strange that they expect people to achieve this in 4 days time, if you write IELTS the soonest you can get a result now is end of November, NARIC takes 15 working days for any certification too.

Duh!

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:11 pm

D4109125 wrote:It would appear that 'the mere fact' you passed a B1 level requirement for EC it will not suffice alone for naturalisation unless you were granted ILR after 28-Oct-2013.
LIUK part is implicit.

It's just for B1 level all this changes are happening... also as per their statement of intent, if you have passed that for EC, shouldn't there be an option to specify that explicitly?

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:13 pm

Fairychild wrote:p2kin I've emailed the home office to ask about exactly that. Will let you know I hear anything...
pretty annoying though.. don't understand why HomeOffice always complicate things... what address have you emailed to btw?

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:17 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Sounds a bit strange that they expect people to achieve this in 4 days time, if you write IELTS the soonest you can get a result now is end of November, NARIC takes 15 working days for any certification too.

Duh!
They have published info about these changes in April.. had almost 6 months... so for IELTS that's enough time.. For about NARIC assessment route, they published another guidance in early Sep.. leaving applicants more than a month..

Perhaps, I didn't understand what you wanted to say....

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:28 pm

The earlier published changes mentioned that if you satisfied this requirement at the time of your initial entry clearance, you do not need to do this again.

This has been omitted from the latest guide and booklet.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:54 pm

It's been poorly put together. For settlement EC B1 should suffice but it appears not for Naturalisation (unless settling after 28-oct-2013). However, if you have a Bachelors degree taught in English you should be ok.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

HSMPLOCHA

Post by HSMPLOCHA » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:15 pm

And again..home office moving the goal post..in 2007 they accepted letters from the university stating that medium of instruction was English and since they verified the deg certificate themselves it was deemed to fulfill the English language requirement.

BTW.. the September announcement did not mention specifics about UK naric certifying the degree as UK standard [b]and [/b]them providing a English language assessment, both of which are now required.. A money making racket...

HSMP and Tier 1/2 main applicants should not have to go though this again

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:20 pm

Totally agree hsmplocha.

So if we do have to bite the bullet and take some exam, which is the one which will give the fastest result? And which are better cost wise and difficulty wise?

Any inputs appreciated, the only one I know is IELTS, which is kinda impossible for me now.

Also, should I wait for 3-4 days before booking a test, are there any chances of this being amended?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:07 am

HSMPLOCHA

Post by HSMPLOCHA » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:13 am

InUKonHsMP.. I am going with a uk naric comparability and the letter from my university stating that the degree was in English, the same letter ho used to give me my hsmp...plus I will produce the degree certificate. It's too late for me to get a English language assessment from naric.

For my wife I have taken the uk naric compatibility and English language assessment. That should do it for her.

When I had called home office last week they said a uk naric comparability certificate should do as a degree is much higher than a ielts or any English test. But they have probably realised that uk naric do not give a English assessment in the same statement. That's why they have specifically asked for both. See the an guide

Do the comparibility and English language assessment and you should be fine in my opinion.

shahfor

Post by shahfor » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:35 am

Fairychild wrote:p2kin I've emailed the home office to ask about exactly that. Will let you know I hear anything...
Please let everybody know that. What email address have you got from HO?

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:45 pm

HSMPLOCHA wrote:InUKonHsMP.. I am going with a uk naric comparability and the letter from my university stating that the degree was in English, the same letter ho used to give me my hsmp...plus I will produce the degree certificate. It's too late for me to get a English language assessment from naric.
As per the current form AN guide, you need to provide the ELA certificate from NARIC. Are you applying through NCS? Have you checked if they will accept your application without the certificate?

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:54 pm

According to the Tier 1 and Tier 2 guidance, you satisfy the English language requirement if the points calculator gives you the points, which they have specifically said is based on NARIC. It wonder why that's not applicable in the case of naturalisation.

Those who have applied for the NARIC ELA, what do they mean by
evidence of the medium of instruction of your study
Is this the medium of English letter from your university?
http://ecctis.co.uk/naric/individuals/h ... apply.aspx

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:28 pm

I'm quite sure, if Home office rejects application on the basis of B1 qualification for T1G/T2G saying they do not qualify.. It's going to create quite a big roar.. I'm sure, people will challenge that decision in court. I'm sure I'd be ready to take them on in court.. T1G/T2G applicants have strong case.

I guess this new version of form is so badly managed, that it creates more questions than it answers...

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:29 pm

MJNair wrote: Is this the medium of English letter from your university?
http://ecctis.co.uk/naric/individuals/h ... apply.aspx
Yes, it is....

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:43 pm

They realised that people from 25/10/13 would need to submit the new AN form so uploaded it I think without further checks, leading to confusion because UKNARIC do not do an English Language Assessment for overseas Masters and PhDs.

HSMPLOCHA

Post by HSMPLOCHA » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:54 pm

[quote="MJNair"][quote="HSMPLOCHA"]InUKonHsMP.. I am going with a uk naric comparability and the letter from my university stating that the degree was in English, the same letter ho used to give me my hsmp...plus I will produce the degree certificate. It's too late for me to get a English language assessment from naric.[/quote]

As per the current form AN guide, you need to provide the ELA certificate from NARIC. Are you applying through NCS? Have you checked if they will accept your application without the certificate?[/quote]

I will check with Ncs on Monday... I will be giving ho a call as well..

HSMPLOCHA

Post by HSMPLOCHA » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:35 pm

[quote="p2kin"][quote="MJNair"]
Is this the medium of English letter from your university?
http://ecctis.co.uk/naric/individuals/h ... apply.aspx[/quote]

Yes, it is....[/quote]

That's correct.. For my wife I just gave them the transcripts and the bachelors degree.. Naric came back saying it definitely appears that the medium of instruction is English in the said education system.

NOTE: Naric also certifies if the English level meets cefr c1 level which they could not confirm in my wife's bachelor degree
and hence they did mention that the degree does not meet c1 level. This is of little imp as ho is interested in medium of instruction.

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:24 pm

Thanks HSMPLOCHA
NOTE: Naric also certifies if the English level meets cefr c1 level which they could not confirm in my wife's bachelor degree and hence they did mention that the degree does not meet c1 level. This is of little imp as ho is interested in medium of instruction.
Out of interest.. Is your wife's bachelor degree in the UKBA points calculator at all?

HSMPLOCHA

Post by HSMPLOCHA » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:06 pm

[quote="MJNair"]Thanks HSMPLOCHA

[quote]NOTE: Naric also certifies if the English level meets cefr c1 level which they could not confirm in my wife's bachelor degree and hence they did mention that the degree does not meet c1 level. This is of little imp as ho is interested in medium of instruction.[/quote]

Out of interest.. Is your wife's bachelor degree in the UKBA points calculator at all?[/quote]

It is on the database as bachelors degree standard however the English requirement section it does not seem to fulfil it. I cannot select it, but if I add a course from Mumbai university it does allows me.