ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependant Visa ( Unemployed)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pkp
Newly Registered

ILR Dependant Visa ( Unemployed)

Post by pkp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:20 pm

Hi Members,

First of all thanks for all your posts I gained some good info regarding SET M visa.

My wife is currently under probationary visa (as dependent of settled person in the UK issued before July 2012), her visa is coming to an end in Dec 2013 - the challenge we have now is on finance (payslips) ,unfortunately I lost my (salaried) job 6 months back and still looking out for an opportunity hence the question is -

1. how many months payslips should I submit before the date of application?

2. is there a minimum income threshold we need to meet?

I gained my British Citizenship in July 2013 and wife is not employed.

looking forward for your support.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:41 am

Last 3 months wage slips and bank statements if employed. However, do you have savings, do you have children?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

pkp
Newly Registered

Post by pkp » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:31 am

Hi D4109125,

Thanks for the reply, we have no childrens yet and have a savings of only £2000 as I had to support myself from my savings for the last few months.

I guess in that case my wife should leave to india before her visa runs out and get her ILR done.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:34 am

Yes and you should be claiming JSA, HB and CTB (all should award a single person amount not couple). She should complete settlement before travelling anywhere.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

pkp
Newly Registered

Post by pkp » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:55 pm

given the situation and if she applied for a settlement visa will it not be reject as we both not in employment .

But someone said if I earned £18,600 in the last 12 months we could meet the requirement - in the first 6 months I earned £18,600 and have pay slips etc but for the next 6 months I am unemployed.

is this right ?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:57 pm

You are under the old rules so the £18600 has nothing to do with you. You need to claim the benefits your are entitled to and show the savings.

pkp
Newly Registered

Post by pkp » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:38 pm

Thanks,is there a limit on savings? or show as much I could ?

s.najaa
Newly Registered

quick question

Post by s.najaa » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:47 pm

am just wondering if the husband claims benefits wouldnt that affect the application of the wife? eventhought its benefits for the husband only?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:50 am

If the person claiming, is entitled to public funds it should have no adverse affect. There is no specific amount of savings to be held.