ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to immigrate to CANADA LEGALLY

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tony333
Newly Registered

How to immigrate to CANADA LEGALLY

Post by Tony333 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:36 pm

Hi guys

I am just wondering what is the best way to immigrate to Canada. Do I need to PR before entering Canada/can I go as a tourist and can work there?

How much time it will take if I go under Skilled category. I am a unqualified teacher with 3 and half year exp in UK, I got MBA, MS- Computing from UK Universty as well.

I just want to get out of UK and start my life smoothly.

Rhodes

Post by Rhodes » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:36 pm

If you have a British passport, you can go as a visitor and stay for 6 months, but you wouldn't be able to work. There are certain circumstances when you can get a work permit, but I think that's generally where the person has skills such that there isn't a Canadian resident or citizen who could do the job. Clergymen and sportsmen and various others don't need a work permit, but I don't suppose that helps.

I have read that it is taking 18 months to two years for skilled worker applications. The Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) site is worth a look if you haven't already done so...

Most of what you need to know about emigrating to Canada if you are prepared to look hard enough

Tony333
Newly Registered

Post by Tony333 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:35 pm

I am from India and do need a Visa to go to Canda. Can I go to Canada on Tourist Visa and get a job there? For how long I can get a Tourist Visa, my UK VIsa is expiring on 30th Sept.

How hard to get temporary workpermit in while I will be in Canada. Os ot like UK long wait and backlog.

Thanks for advise.

kenthomas2010
Newly Registered

Seek advice from an immigration lawyer

Post by kenthomas2010 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:20 pm

If you want to immigrate to Canada it is better to seek advice from an immigration lawyer so that you can immigrate under the right category and in order for your application to be properly prepared.

A good website to visit is www.canadianimmigrationlawyer.com

Good Luck