ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU 1 - Has anyone got a response in the last 4 weeks?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:24 am

No, you can apply for a spouse visa from your home country...the unlucky part is that you would have to travel back to your home country to apply.check the irish embassy website for your home country.

Static

Post by Static » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:27 am

archigabe wrote:No, you can apply for a spouse visa from your home country...the unlucky part is that you would have to travel back to your home country to apply.check the irish embassy website for your home country.
That is not an option for me. Thanks archigabe.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:27 am

Not an option for me 2

lets hope the decision removes all obstacles

Static

Post by Static » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:29 am

runie80 wrote:Not an option for me 2

lets hope the decision removes all obstacles
Yes. :)

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:02 pm

Hi There everyone

Called the DOJ in the morning and got to speak to some "LAD" there after about 10 minutes waiting time. First time in last 6 years someone asked me to spell my last name 3 times :( Unbelieveble as its very very simple

Anyway told the man the last name and asked him can he check and send my papers back as i intend to travel with my missus and i need my passports for that.

The "LAD" checked and told me my case hasent been entered the system.
I sent the papers on the 14th of last month and till now my case is not in the system ? :shock: is it just me ?

he told me it takes about one month to get documents back and asked me to call back after week (he made one week sound like its just a small time).

Can anyone advise me whats the normal time after sending the papers that you can get them back ? what aproach should i take call everyday or should i wait one week now ?

I have emailed 2wice
called 2wice

what are my alternatives ?

SanMex

Post by SanMex » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:22 pm

About the tax deduction. Well I just went with my husband to the Tax Office, fill and application and with my marriage certificate and yes, they are chargin less taxes from him. :D So it does worked for me...

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:24 pm

atleast something worked !

Static

Post by Static » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:36 pm

runie80 wrote:Hi There everyone

Called the DOJ in the morning and got to speak to some "LAD" there after about 10 minutes waiting time. First time in last 6 years someone asked me to spell my last name 3 times :( Unbelieveble as its very very simple

Anyway told the man the last name and asked him can he check and send my papers back as i intend to travel with my missus and i need my passports for that.

The "LAD" checked and told me my case hasent been entered the system.
I sent the papers on the 14th of last month and till now my case is not in the system ? :shock: is it just me ?

passports: numerous faxes, e-mails, calls = 8 months and 2 weeks
other papers = 9 months

he told me it takes about one month to get documents back and asked me to call back after week (he made one week sound like its just a small time).

Can anyone advise me whats the normal time after sending the papers that you can get them back ? what aproach should i take call everyday or should i wait one week now ?

I have emailed 2wice
called 2wice

what are my alternatives ?

cartaverde

Post by cartaverde » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:59 pm

FAX them to send the documents back.
And send a registered letter to ask it as well.

We kept asking for the time being .. and got the passports etc after nearly 7 months of waiting back. :x
"Waiting for namecheck" since 2007.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:13 am

Subject: Jacqueline A. Clarke is out of the office.
From: "Jacqueline A. Clarke" <Jacqueline_A._Clarke@justice.ie>
Date: Wed, June 6, 2007 10:01 am
To:
Priority: Normal
Options: View Full Header | View Printable Version | View Message details | This is Spam

I will be out of the office starting 18/05/2007 and will not return until
04/07/2007.

I will respond to your message when I return.

***********************************************************************************

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.
It is the policy of the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform and the
Agencies and Offices using its IT services to disallow the sending of offensive
material.
Should you consider that the material contained in this message is offensive you
should contact the sender immediately and also mailminder[at]justice.ie.

Is le haghaidh an duine nó an eintitis ar a bhfuil sí dírithe, agus le haghaidh an
duine nó an eintitis sin amháin, a bheartaítear an fhaisnéis a tarchuireadh agus
féadfaidh sé go bhfuil ábhar faoi rún agus/nó faoi phribhléid inti. Toirmisctear aon
athbhreithniú, atarchur nó leathadh a dhéanamh ar an bhfaisnéis seo, aon úsáid eile
a bhaint aisti nó aon ghníomh a dhéanamh ar a hiontaoibh, ag daoine nó ag eintitis
seachas an faighteoir beartaithe. Má fuair tú é seo trí dhearmad, téigh i dteagmháil
leis an seoltóir, le do thoil, agus scrios an t-ábhar as aon ríomhaire.
Is é beartas na Roinne Dlí agus Cirt, Comhionannais agus Athchóirithe Dlí, agus na
nOifígí agus na nGníomhaireachtaí a úsáideann seirbhísí TF na Roinne, seoladh ábhair
cholúil a dhícheadú.
Más rud é go measann tú gur ábhar colúil atá san ábhar atá sa teachtaireacht seo is
ceart duit dul i dteagmháil leis an seoltóir láithreach agus le
mailminder[ag]justice.ie chomh maith.

***********************************************************************************
Download this as a file
Just recieved this reply

And i am laughing :lol: :lol: :lol: I know i should be crying.

I just wish we all had the same holidays.

SanMex

Post by SanMex » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:43 am

Today I dreamed that I got my approved letter hope thats profetic hahaha.
Well listen about the pasports, when i wanted mine back cause I had to travel, I called them and told them I have sent a letter and a fax and still no answer, they ask me when do you need them, I say "for tomorrow"so they told me to go to the Bur...something Quay and aks for Orla Kelly to the person in the reception behind the litttle window. She came with my pasports...got them in the spot.
Just a tiny tip, when you go to the Quay dress fancy, the treat is diferent, just seat down and check and youll see what I mean.

cartaverde

Post by cartaverde » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:26 pm

So ha. If at lest 1 person out of ... 2? or even 5? is OOO until July, they will just take it much slower at DoJ till then .. and then it will be July and then August = holiday season ...

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:38 pm

When I called on the phone, I got my passport back in the mail. (Had to call a couple of times because they are kinda forgetful)
Dutch husband, American wife, applied for a residence card, after 7 months got a Stamp 4 visa for two years. :)

runie80
Member of Standing

DOJ going on holidays WTF !

Post by runie80 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:45 pm

Hi Guys just recieved this email too
So they all are going on holidays

Excellent !!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

who should u contact now !

Code: Select all

Subject:   Magdalen M. Keady is out of the office. 
Date:   Wed, June 6, 2007 4:08 pm 
To:    
Priority:   Normal 
Options:   View Full Header |  View Printable Version  | View Message details  | This is Spam 

I will be out of the office starting  06/06/2007 and will not return until
26/06/2007.

Please direct your queries to John Warren, Brian Doyle & John Egan, Raymond
Fitzpatrick.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.
It is the policy of the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform and the
Agencies and Offices using its IT services to disallow the sending of offensive
material.
Should you consider that the material contained in this message is offensive you
should contact the sender immediately and also mailminder[at]justice.ie.

Is le haghaidh an duine nó an eintitis ar a bhfuil sí dírithe, agus le haghaidh an
duine nó an eintitis sin amháin, a bheartaítear an fhaisnéis a tarchuireadh agus
féadfaidh sé go bhfuil ábhar faoi rún agus/nó faoi phribhléid inti. Toirmisctear aon
athbhreithniú, atarchur nó leathadh a dhéanamh ar an bhfaisnéis seo, aon úsáid eile
a bhaint aisti nó aon ghníomh a dhéanamh ar a hiontaoibh, ag daoine nó ag eintitis
seachas an faighteoir beartaithe. Má fuair tú é seo trí dhearmad, téigh i dteagmháil
leis an seoltóir, le do thoil, agus scrios an t-ábhar as aon ríomhaire. 
Is é beartas na Roinne Dlí agus Cirt, Comhionannais agus Athchóirithe Dlí, agus na
nOifígí agus na nGníomhaireachtaí a úsáideann seirbhísí TF na Roinne, seoladh ábhair
cholúil a dhícheadú.
Más rud é go measann tú gur ábhar colúil atá san ábhar atá sa teachtaireacht seo is
ceart duit dul i dteagmháil leis an seoltóir láithreach agus le
mailminder[ag]justice.ie chomh maith. 

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :shock:

runie80
Member of Standing

I got My documents back !!!!

Post by runie80 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:55 am

Hi Guys

I finally managed to get my documents back <easier said than done > :lol:

Finally i noticed that there are 2 additional papers attached to it

1st paper asking for the Confirmation of the documents i sent
2nd paper asking for the "residence in another eu country" and that needs to be submitted in next 10 days.

And i dont have that "proof of residence in another eu country"

so basically i am stuck now !

Hoping for the decision to go in our favour now !!!!

SanMex

Post by SanMex » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:38 pm

Just back from talking to the DoJ. Today is officially my 6th month waiting so I wnt and call. A girl name Orla answer and after putting me in a hold after I gave my ref number, she told me that my application is benig process right now so I should have an answer soon.
I really dont trust this as when she ask for ref number she put on hold, maybe she realised that my application is already 6th month so to evade an argue she just said it is being proceess...
I ask her about the other country residence document and aparently it only applies if you lived there legally not only as tourist but in a work permit or something like that...so basically i think im f****.
So it means I as everybody else er must wait for the Court Case.
Please dont forget to pray in a very loud voice so the Lord hear...
I tried to called DETE but it was harder than to call DoJ so I have no news on that thou i got a phone call for a job and well....I think I wont be THAT lucky :cry: .
Ok so everything cross for the Court case to b in our favor, other wise...see you in the UK

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:17 pm

The immigration council told me current applications are not being processed pending the outcome of the courtcase. SanMex, you can't really believe what they tell you on the phone. I had called several times even before moving to Ireland. Not one person told me I would need EU residence...in fact, one girl actually told me they are processing the forms really quickly now, and it should only take TWO months before I get it!!!

My application has supposedly been in the final processing stage I think for about 2 1/2 months now, and I was told I would get an answer shortly as well. Hmmm...yeah right!

I don't know if I already posted it here, but a couple days ago, I got a response from an email query I sent to the DOJ back in December 2006. It took them 6 months to respond, and they didn't even answer my questions!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I wish I could give the evil eye to someone over there....

Still, I'm in the same boat as you...if things don't go well tomorrow, I have to go back to the USA....and be separated from my husband ONCE AGAIN until I am settled and can petition to bring him over.
Dutch husband, American wife, applied for a residence card, after 7 months got a Stamp 4 visa for two years. :)

cartaverde

Post by cartaverde » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:59 pm

Ha. After 10 1/2 months of the EU1-hell, Solvit updates us
The Department of Justice have informed me that your application is currently being examined and a decision should be issued within the next two/three weeks.
Not very impressive. I will join Birdy to UK for a while, until I can get out of Europe. (And then all the illegal paddies better stay out of my way as I will have INS number on speed dial.)

A year wasted waiting for EU1 basically. Had I know how this "works" I would have got out of here long ago.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:27 pm

cartaverde wrote:Ha. After 10 1/2 months of the EU1-hell, Solvit updates us
The Department of Justice have informed me that your application is currently being examined and a decision should be issued within the next two/three weeks.
Not very impressive. I will join Birdy to UK for a while, until I can get out of Europe. (And then all the illegal paddies better stay out of my way as I will have INS number on speed dial.)

A year wasted waiting for EU1 basically. Had I know how this "works" I would have got out of here long ago.
I am sure if If you will tell them that if i dont get eu-1 I will make sure i deport 10 paddies that will definately give u some satisfaction

And here news papers will be full of stories of 10 people being treated in horrific manner :lol:

We are on the recieving end of this whole situation.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:57 pm

cartaverde wrote:A year wasted waiting for EU1 basically. Had I know how this "works" I would have got out of here long ago.
Please invest a few hours to write an articulate letter to Solvit and to the European Commission describing your situation and what you will be doing about it. I would suggest you send a copy to the Irish Prime Minister's office. Do lot let your experience go to waste!

joe80
Newly Registered

Help

Post by joe80 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:30 pm

nothing
Last edited by joe80 on Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:17 am

It seems like it was sent to the right place, Joe80. I am just shocked, first of all, that you even got a correspondence from the DOJ, and secondly that they are not admitting that it takes up to 12 months for residence. I am still being told that it is only going to take 6 months by DOJ, haha.

Still, don't worry because you got a letter. I think I can speak for most of us when I say many did not receive any letter from DOJ. I think it depends on the day. I just got a confirmation slip, nothing more....I was hoping for something more official.

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:54 am

The hearing is starting in just a few minutes...I am so nervous! I wonder when they are going to get to our case?!?! :?

tomasmv
Newly Registered

Post by tomasmv » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:02 am

Hope today is the day....!

joe80
Newly Registered

Post by joe80 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:25 am

BigAppleWoodenShoe wrote:It seems like it was sent to the right place, Joe80. I am just shocked, first of all, that you even got a correspondence from the DOJ, and secondly that they are not admitting that it takes up to 12 months for residence. I am still being told that it is only going to take 6 months by DOJ, haha.

Still, don't worry because you got a letter. I think I can speak for most of us when I say many did not receive any letter from DOJ. I think it depends on the day. I just got a confirmation slip, nothing more....I was hoping for something more official.
Last edited by joe80 on Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.