ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Info on Court Case

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:15 pm

Thanks for going Archigabe. We will all be waiting for your update!!! Since there are multiple cases that day for Judge Hanna, it's probably no problem if you are late. If he hears the cases in the order they are listed, then the EU directive case should be last.
Dutch husband, American wife, applied for a residence card, after 7 months got a Stamp 4 visa for two years. :)

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:22 pm

I sure hope the judge is not in a bad mood towards the end of the day after hearing all the other cases :shock:

SanMex

Post by SanMex » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:01 pm

Yes I know but why doesnt she tells me listen this and this is happendig and so and so cant happend :shock: She is the one getting paid and we are the ones with the information helooo :shock: ..well anyway thx so much for all of your support unfortunatelly I cant go tomorrow but a candle is lighten for us so our cases are solved positively(is thats a word) I dont think Ill be able to sleep tonight.

Static

Post by Static » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:05 pm

Wish I could go but I have to go to work :D which is, of course wonderful. We are sending the application in hopefully tomorrow and my new boss is very supportive. Thanks to everybody who gave me information and all of you supportive people. 1st paycheck = big party!!

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:15 pm

Static

Xcellent
Keep up the positive attitude

I wish all goes well with regards to ur permit

Waiting for the positive news

I hope the case goes in our favour I hope

Candle and all lights in home will be lit !!!!

microlab

Post by microlab » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:48 pm

In the mean time who else is willing to go ?
I can attend,wont be my first or last court hearing :wink:

Flor_mz

Post by Flor_mz » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:19 pm

I'll be going... Archigabe, I know how you look like, so... I'll see you there!

Microlab, let us know how can we recognize you or PM me or Archigabe with your phone number...

See you guys tomorrow!
Florencia

Static

Post by Static » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:37 pm

Flor_mz wrote:I'll be going... Archigabe, I know how you look like, so... I'll see you there!

Microlab, let us know how can we recognize you or PM me or Archigabe with your phone number...

See you guys tomorrow!
AWWWW I'd love to go too! but better where I'm going :) Thank you for going all of you :D

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:37 pm

Good to see few people atending from here.

I might be able to make it too. But i have one appointment tomorrow and i am not sure yet.

Kindly Please Please Please updathe the thread guys if you can as soon as you have any news !

stmani

Post by stmani » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:26 pm

i would be more than happy to go and see how they playing with our lucks.....but cant waste my time in spending all day there and end of the day what i get is "case postpond" what a frustrating system!!!!! :evil:

stmani

Post by stmani » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:47 am

any updates???????? about the court decision. im in 9th month now. if we won the case, im def. getting something in a week or so.

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:03 am

As far as I know today is only the hearing, and not a decission yet.

The Judge has 4 cases to hear today (between 11 and 5), and this case seems to be the last on the list. That means we most likely won't get an update anytime soon.

Even if the decission gets our way I wouldn't expect the DOJ to issue the Residence Cards to the other people straight away. They will first wait for the written ruling, review it with their legal team and just take their time to implement the ruling and review all the cases on it's basis. I guess we are talking about 2 months at least.

Flor_mz

Post by Flor_mz » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:05 pm

Hearing postponed until June 26th...

Sorry for the bad news. :(

I was so upset I didn't even ask the reason for the postponement... Does anybody have that info? I'm guessing it could be: a) The Court is rescheduling; b) one of the parties is requesting an extension.

When I got there they had already announced it, but I talked to the person that takes notes and informed me of the new date.

I don't feel like going anymore...
Florencia

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:08 pm

Thats depressing man

Are they not supposed to give reason for the postponing the hearing

what a stinger ! ahhhhhh.

microlab

Post by microlab » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:14 pm

Waiting for a new goverenment to form. :twisted:

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:16 pm

microlab wrote:
Waiting for a new goverenment to form. :twisted:
You have a point there may be thats corect.

But i think these delays are just waste of time for us as its complicating things further.

can anyone get the reason for postponing

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:27 pm

Can anyone tell me what email address should i contact SOLVIT

I want to send them My complain

Please let me know their email address or FAX number if anyone can

Much apreciate

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:28 pm

Flor_mz wrote:Hearing postponed until June 26th...

Sorry for the bad news. :(

I was so upset I didn't even ask the reason for the postponement... Does anybody have that info? I'm guessing it could be: a) The Court is rescheduling; b) one of the parties is requesting an extension.

When I got there they had already announced it, but I talked to the person that takes notes and informed me of the new date.

I don't feel like going anymore...
thanks for letting us know,florencia.I think this make it the 4th time the case has been postponed.

stmani

Post by stmani » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:29 pm

yeah thats what i thought so......i knew they'll postpond the date bcoz thats the only thing they have left to do to make us LEAVE!!!!!

Flor_mz

Post by Flor_mz » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:35 pm

Guys,

On previous posts it was stated that Kumar is the case we have to follow, and that's the reason why we were trying to attend...

Today I called the Immigrant Council and they told me that there are a number of cases (not just one) and that in regards to the one they are following, they expect a decision (NOT A HEARING) this Friday 15th.

I will call them next Monday to see if they have any news. Is it possible we've been following the wrong case?
Florencia

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:43 pm

In this country? Everything is possible.... :) :)

Some good news is recieved very well on a day like this.
Dutch husband, American wife, applied for a residence card, after 7 months got a Stamp 4 visa for two years. :)

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:48 pm

Flor_mz wrote:Guys,

On previous posts it was stated that Kumar is the case we have to follow, and that's the reason why we were trying to attend...

Today I called the Immigrant Council and they told me that there are a number of cases (not just one) and that in regards to the one they are following, they expect a decision (NOT A HEARING) this Friday 15th.

I will call them next Monday to see if they have any news. Is it possible we've been following the wrong case?
I think you are right there are loads of cases.But what i dont know is that why any of these cases hasent been decided till now

The problem is that this waiting game is stretching our patience beyond limits some people have already left and some like us are already planning their EXIT strategy !

jack_in_the box

Post by jack_in_the box » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:48 pm

And some are left with no other choices! I've seriously given up on this one! At this point I think an EU1 visa is just false hope for everybody!

I mean why should a case like this get any kind of preference at all? I mean, depending on this case they might need to allow more forgein nationals into the country & allows some to stay. If you ask me this will be pushed out until eventually it comes to nothing. Poor Kamal will end up running screaming for his life before this case is closed!!!

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:47 pm

Ok, I have a question. If there is going to be a decision on this Friday, who is deciding it? If it's not based on a court case, what is it based on? This is all very mysterious...
:? :? :?

Flor_mz

Post by Flor_mz » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:59 pm

The decision I mention in my previous post is the High Court ruling. My only question was: "Why do we know that the Kumar case is the one?" I couldn't find the source for that.

I don't know if the info that the Immigrant Council gave me is accurate either, but they said they expected the High Court ruling for next Friday.

By now, we should all know that we know nothing until something actually happens. Asking for parametres or predictability or even trying to define a universe of what is possible is completely useless. Maybe we should all switch our way of thinking to the "irish mode"... and stop expecting answers!
Florencia