ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Query - UK FULL BIRTH CIRTIFICATE

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rc123
Newly Registered

MN1 Query - UK FULL BIRTH CIRTIFICATE

Post by rc123 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:27 am

Hi,

Can anyone answer thje following query:

We are on ILR and would like to apply for my son who was born in UK British citizenship.

In MN1 form it is mentioned to submit FULL UK BIRTH CERTIFICATE. However when we applied for my Son's Indian passport this year in London, Indian Consulate have taken the original birth certificate.

Can anyone let me know if this certificate is a compulsory requirement for MN1? or can i show his Indian passport at NCS?

Regards,
R[/b]

Eirikur
Netherlands

Post by Eirikur » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:15 pm

It's easy to request another full birth certificate at the authority where you registered the child's birth

jogeg
Newly Registered

Post by jogeg » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:15 pm

I believe you should be able to get a replacement birth certificate from the council where the birth was registered.

I had to apply to my local council for a full birth certificate for my daughter's MN1 application earlier in the year.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:19 pm

Full birth certificate is a must. In fact it is probably the only document that is a must for the application (there are other documents needed but you might get away without them).

As a general advice to people reading this post, it is always advisable to get several copies of the full birth certificate when you register your child. It's cheaper paying for it then and always comes handy.