ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sudigaali_uk
Newly Registered

English Language Requirement

Post by sudigaali_uk » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi all,

I am bit cofused about English requirment. I am applying for naturalisation next month under 5+1 years catergory. At the time of my initial HSMP application 6 years ago, I have submitted 'Medium of Instruction' certificate that my bachelors degree course was taught in english. So now my doubt is, Do i still need to submit UK naric certificate while submitting my application ? or will I be exempted ?

Your suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks
Last edited by sudigaali_uk on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

sudigaali_uk
Newly Registered

Post by sudigaali_uk » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:44 pm

can anyone help me please ?

Fairychild

Post by Fairychild » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:02 pm

I think we are all confused at the moment.

My suggestion is:

a) Is your degree equivalent to a Bachelors degree in the UK? If so you can apply for an English assessment through NARIC.

Or

b) write a english language test. e.g. IELTS

Or

c) Write in the Other Information part of your Application that you already met the language requirement at entry clearance and hope that this is enough. And include the 'medium of instruction' certificate if you have it. or any other evidence e.g. home office letters.

I guess it is a case of whether you would rather spend a little bit more time and money on this to be extra sure or not.

Hopefully we will get clarity on this soon.

sudigaali_uk
Newly Registered

Post by sudigaali_uk » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:43 am

Thanks for your reply. Let me see any GURUS in this forum can help me out.

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:36 am

I am in the same boat as you,

The funny thing is when we applied for HSMP, Tier 1 and then ILR the English language requirement was there. And the HO gave us 10 points which was required for that section. Which means they accepted our qualification as valid? I only gave the Original Certificate and a letter from the University stating the degree was taught in English,

The new Naturalisation rule is very vague as I believe they are informing a much wider audience who will be applying for naturalisation from non-skilled and non-point based categories hence putting us in such a confused state. So if you go by commonsense I think the people who proved English languae at HSMP,Tier 1 nd ILR need no further proof other than the HO letters which clearly shows 10 points awarded,

But it is always good to get this confirmed from an valid authority, a Guru or evne from a person who experienced this exact situation. I am going to watch this space as I have time till Jan 2014. So any good advice will definitely help us and save few pounds,

Thank you,
MP

--Info/Advice I provide is general in nature and shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional or Legal advice where necessary.

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:08 am

I think you should write to them, e-mail address are in http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... c68fa30bcb

If sufficient people write to them about this , then hope they will clarify this in guidance.

MP1982 wrote:I am in the same boat as you,

The funny thing is when we applied for HSMP, Tier 1 and then ILR the English language requirement was there. And the HO gave us 10 points which was required for that section. Which means they accepted our qualification as valid? I only gave the Original Certificate and a letter from the University stating the degree was taught in English,

The new Naturalisation rule is very vague as I believe they are informing a much wider audience who will be applying for naturalisation from non-skilled and non-point based categories hence putting us in such a confused state. So if you go by commonsense I think the people who proved English languae at HSMP,Tier 1 nd ILR need no further proof other than the HO letters which clearly shows 10 points awarded,

But it is always good to get this confirmed from an valid authority, a Guru or evne from a person who experienced this exact situation. I am going to watch this space as I have time till Jan 2014. So any good advice will definitely help us and save few pounds,

Thank you,
MP

--Info/Advice I provide is general in nature and shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional or Legal advice where necessary.

sudigaali_uk
Newly Registered

Post by sudigaali_uk » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:10 am

I understand from queries in this forum that I need to take a print out of PBS calculator as well as my original degree to NCS.

Can someone please tell me which option do i need to tick in the application?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:01 am

The option that states you have a degree taught in English.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sudigaali_uk
Newly Registered

Post by sudigaali_uk » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:12 am

Thanks Amber.

(i) UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English.... Is that the one I need to tick ?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:14 am

Yes.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sudigaali_uk
Newly Registered

Post by sudigaali_uk » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:16 am

That's great. Thanks for your prompt reply, Amber!