ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling next day after submitting application to NCS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

p2kin

Travelling next day after submitting application to NCS

Post by p2kin » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:12 am

I might have to (not confirmed yet) travel for business purpose immediately next day after applying via NCS, although it will be in EU & for just couple of days, I want to ask whether it has any impact on application?

Things I'm looking for is:
1. Assuming that on the day application reaches UKBA, I might be outside UK, so does that have any impact?

2. In the application form, days away given is till you apply through NCS, that still leaves potential inaccuracy of few days until application reaches from NCS to Homeoffice (and like my case applicant can be out of UK). Does that have any impact?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:17 am

1. No
2. No

simonsays
Newly Registered

Post by simonsays » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:32 pm

Oh, This is good because I had a similar query and one of the forum readers replied I would need to wait for 3-4 days after applying to travel outside the UK...

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:09 pm

Indeed travel is permitted straight away, bare in mind to be in the UK for your citizenship ceremony.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:19 pm

yeah, after speaking with NCS, that's what I got to know.. but still I had doubt in mind about missing days from the date you apply with NCS & HO receives application.

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:44 pm

simonsays wrote:Oh, This is good because I had a similar query and one of the forum readers replied I would need to wait for 3-4 days after applying to travel outside the UK...
That's not true. I travel a few hrs after NCS appointment for 11days.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

simonsays
Newly Registered

Post by simonsays » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:55 pm

You would miss some days but as long as your no. of days absence from the UK is less than the limit (450 days in 5 years i presume), then you should be OK. i.e. your current total no. of days of absence + (date when application received by HO - date of application) < 450, you should be ok.
What do the Forum gurus think?

simonsays
Newly Registered

Post by simonsays » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:59 pm

Heisgood wrote:
simonsays wrote:Oh, This is good because I had a similar query and one of the forum readers replied I would need to wait for 3-4 days after applying to travel outside the UK...
Thank you Heisgood. Good to know there is NO restriction on travel after application to NCS. Hope you got your approval.

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:16 pm

simonsays wrote:
Heisgood wrote:
Thank you Heisgood. Good to know there is NO restriction on travel after application to NCS. Hope you got your approval.
I am still in the queue awaiting HO decision. Sooner or later it will happen. IMO it make no sense chasing them (unless 6mths ETA breach) or worrying that was for the ILR days. :)
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:14 pm

I think people who start chasing HO within a week or two should be penalised.

Whoever makes any kind of enquiry after payment has been deducted and before waiting 4 months, should have their application put at the back end of the que every time they ring home office. :twisted:

These impatient kids just waste home office time, which adds to the delays of patient people.