ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do parking fines,bus lane & FPN affect my citizenship ap

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tahadeel

Post by Tahadeel » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:25 pm

D4109125 wrote:It's not a conviction.
Thanks for your respond.

Based in the HO issuance of Nationality Guidance & Casework instructio. In section 3. Criminal convections non-custodial sentences.

"Where a fixed penalty notice or fiscal fine has been referred to a court due to non-payment OR the notice has been unsuccessfully challenged by the person in court, the decision maker will consider this a conviction and assessed in line with the new sentence imposed."
Isn't this rule applied on my case?!

Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:34 pm

A conviction relates to a FPN issued by the police that is defended and the defendant is subsequently found guilty at a Court. I admit that the guidance is poorly worded.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Tahadeel

Post by Tahadeel » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:50 pm

D4109125 wrote:A conviction relates to a FPN issued by the police that is defended and the defendant is subsequently found guilty at a Court. I admit that the guidance is poorly worded.
It's a good news for me but how did you specify it for the FPN issued by police?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:54 pm

Because a conviction can only be attained at a criminal court. I am trying to get a definition of a FPN for the purpose of Good Character and shall update when I do.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Tahadeel

Post by Tahadeel » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:16 pm

D4109125 wrote:Because a conviction can only be attained at a criminal court. I am trying to get a definition of a FPN for the purpose of Good Character and shall update when I do.

Thanks
In next march 2014 I'll have no any FPN or PCN fall in the last 12 prior to my application for citizenship!!!

Do you advise me to apply or not?!

Tahadeel

Post by Tahadeel » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:28 am

Tahadeel wrote:
D4109125 wrote:Because a conviction can only be attained at a criminal court. I am trying to get a definition of a FPN for the purpose of Good Character and shall update when I do.

Thanks
In next march 2014 I'll have no any FPN or PCN fall in the last 12 prior to my application for citizenship!!!

Do you advise me to apply or not?!
Hello

I keep saying that my FPN which took place in last Dec 2012 is not through court, but what I'm confused about now that although I did not go to court I have 3 points on my counterpart & under the " Convicting Court Code" I have no. filled in by police or court when I sent my driving licences & and counterpart to be endorsed by 3 points!!!!
Speed limit was 30 while I was driving 47. Police officer stop on spot and did not give the FPN on spot. They sent a letter by post saying I have to pay £60 and accept 3 points!!!
Does that mean the FPN was through court? And if it is I have to wait to Dec 2015????!!!

Please help.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:41 am

It would appear so. Give the local magistrates a ring tomorrow and ask them to check whether you were convicted. A summons for court is usually at 50mph in a 30mph zone.

Tahadeel

Post by Tahadeel » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:46 am

D4109125 wrote:It would appear so. Give the local magistrates a ring tomorrow and ask them to check whether you were convicted. A summons for court is usually at 50mph in a 30mph zone.
Hello

I did contact the DVLA to ask them about the FPN I have on my driving license if it was through magistrate court or Conditinal FBN only and they replied back the following:

"I can confirm that convicting court code 1723 is the court/fixed penalty office that dealt with the offence.

You will need to contact the convicting court/fixed penalty office for further information on the details below:

HMCTS
North West Regional Fixed Penalties
PO BOX 399
Manchester
M60 1FB

Tel: 0161 830 4200"

Do you think that the FPN I have is a criminal conviction which will lead home office to refuse me for 3 years?

Thanks

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:22 am

Tahadeel wrote:
D4109125 wrote:It would appear so. Give the local magistrates a ring tomorrow and ask them to check whether you were convicted. A summons for court is usually at 50mph in a 30mph zone.
Hello

I did contact the DVLA to ask them about the FPN I have on my driving license if it was through magistrate court or Conditinal FBN only and they replied back the following:

"I can confirm that convicting court code 1723 is the court/fixed penalty office that dealt with the offence.

You will need to contact the convicting court/fixed penalty office for further information on the details below:

HMCTS
PO BOX 399
Manchester
M60 1FB

Do you think that the FPN I have is a criminal conviction which will lead home office to refuse me for 3 years?

Thanks
Tahadeel -Are you sure you didn't plead guilty by post? If you did your counterpart will state

Court Code - some number - Usually affiliated to a magistrate court
Offence code
Date of offence - xx/yy/zz
Date of conviction - aa/bb/cc >This is the key bit
Actual sentence or fine

I hope not, else HO will view this as a court conviction and your application will fall into the 3yr refusal category.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:25 am

D4109125 wrote:I am corresponding with a senior caseworker to get clarification.
Hi Amber,

As per above did you get any update from the senior caseworker on this?
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:29 am

Still waiting.will update when I do.

Tahadeel

Post by Tahadeel » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:59 pm

Heisgood wrote:
Tahadeel wrote:
Hello

HMCTS
PO BOX 399
Manchester
M60 1FB

Thanks
Tahadeel -Are you sure you didn't plead guilty by post? If you did your counterpart will state

Offence code
Actual sentence or fine

I hope not, else HO will view this as a court conviction and your application will fall into the 3yr refusal category.
Thank
Today I managed to ring the court/FP office. They said it was not sent to court and it's only FP.

In the counterpart it's mentioned the convicting court code but no date of convicting.

I remember that I did receive a conditional offer which was 3 points with £60.

But I'm still confused!!!!!

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:02 pm

If it wasn't issued by the Court it's an FPN.

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:52 pm

Tahadeel wrote:
Heisgood wrote:
Tahadeel wrote:
Hello

HMCTS
PO BOX 399
Manchester
M60 1FB

Thanks

Offence code
Actual sentence or fine

Thank
Today I managed to ring the court/FP office. They said it was not sent to court and it's only FP.

In the counterpart it's mentioned the convicting court code but no date of convicting.

I remember that I did receive a conditional offer which was 3 points with £60.

But I'm still confused!!!!!
But I'm still confused!!!!! ??

You should be rejoicing that you didn't fall in the 3yrs waiting trap. Simple - it's an FPN and not a court conviction. Reread the good character requirements in the sticky above and hopefully the confusion will go away. All the best with your application.

Tahadeel

Post by Tahadeel » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:53 am

Hello
I rang the HM Court & Tribunals Service, Fixed Penalty Office Court Audd Dept regarding my speed offence occurred on 01/12/2012 and asked them to sent me a letter about the offence, and they did but the letter has the followings:

The Letter is on HM Courts & Tribunal Service headed letter saying: Re: Fixed Penalty Notice No. xxxxxxx Date 01/12/12
Receipt No. xxxxxxx then "I'm writing to confirm receipt of your payment £60...........and your driving licence duly endorsed with 3 penalty points.

Singed by
Regional Fixed Penalty Office."

Does that mean I have been given FPN through court although I was not summoned to court or pleaded guilty on paper?!!!!

What do you think?

Thanks

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Re:

Post by mhsadique » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:38 am

Amber wrote:I am corresponding with a senior caseworker to get clarification.
Would you please let me know I did apply already for naturalization. Got a parking ticket with in the bay but cm touch single yellow line. Did pay fine next day.

Q is that need to inform home office or not.
This in only one in this council in 2 year

runloverun
Newly Registered

Re: Do parking fines,bus lane & FPN affect my citizenship ap

Post by runloverun » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:53 pm

Hi Tahadeel,

Did you manage to appy ? and how did the application go

I am prettymuch in the same state, as I got one PCN for junction box and I paid £60 (5th Dec 2014) and applied for naturalisation in 10th December 2014, and today I recieved a FPN with 3 points for not stopping at Red signal.
I didnt disclose the PCN on my application as I only had one in the last 12 months do I need to Inform HO about the FPN I just recieved ?

Regards,
Tharun