ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

karen334
Newly Registered

Post by karen334 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:21 pm

HI EVERYONE!

I applied for OCI in person on 1st of October. Its been more than a month now and my status still shows "under process" Sad

Applicant Name ***
File Acknowledgment Number ***
Date Of Acknowledgment 01-OCT-2013
Registration Status at Mission LONDON
OCI- Number
Documents Printing Status UNDER-PROCESS

I see only a selected fields, not much information visible.

I tried mailing and also contacting them today, yet no response. No one is picking up the call (tried all the available numbers). Is it a holiday at the embassy today? (assuming it is in India)

Is there any other means of catching hold of them?

stranger22
Newly Registered

Re: OCI delayed

Post by stranger22 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:19 pm

I got their email reply today saying OCI is granted. but the status still shows as under process.

Any idea how long it takes for OCI card from Grated to be available for collectin at HCI London?
deyga wrote:
stranger22 wrote:I tried using both but still getting same results. Any contact numbers where ivxan speak to someone?
Try Calling them .

020 7632 3072 /020 7836 8484
ss.oci@hcilondon.in

Not sure if ensuing Monday is a Diwali holiday for the HCI folks.

Hope this will help.

rambharose
Newly Registered

Post by rambharose » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:00 pm

I guess 7 days

deyga
Newly Registered

Post by deyga » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:29 pm

Congrats . At least they have said it is granted. Did they mention any different acknowledgement number in the email which would help to check the 'real status'. I would assume you should shoot them another mail after 7 days asking if it ready for collection at HCI London ?

stranger22 wrote:I got their email reply today saying OCI is granted. but the status still shows as under process.

Any idea how long it takes for OCI card from Grated to be available for collectin at HCI London?

stranger22
Newly Registered

Post by stranger22 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:50 am

Yeah just did that now but i m getting a bit worried as I need to travel on 18th Nov and got only a week to get either OCI or Visa.
deyga wrote:Congrats . At least they have said it is granted. Did they mention any different acknowledgement number in the email which would help to check the 'real status'. I would assume you should shoot them another mail after 7 days asking if it ready for collection at HCI London ?

stranger22 wrote:I got their email reply today saying OCI is granted. but the status still shows as under process.

deyga
Newly Registered

Post by deyga » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:15 am

stranger22 wrote:Yeah just did that now but i m getting a bit worried as I need to travel on 18th Nov and got only a week to get either OCI or Visa.
Also try sending an email to 'shettybn@nic.in'. He/she (Dr. B. N. Shetty) is responsible for OCI website maintenance. Also attach the the email that you received from HCI as supporting evidence. Ask for your real acknowledgement number against which you can check your status . Remember, you have to take a printout of the status page for receiving the OCIs at the HCI London. Email printouts may be deterrent in normal process :) .

kp10aar
Newly Registered

Post by kp10aar » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:56 am

I have read on some websites that you need to have an OCI re-issued when obtaining a passport after the age of 50. Is this true? I know that in America, Australia and some other countries it does say this on their official websites but I can't find this information on the UK websites. I have e-mailed them directly but there is no reply, has anyone got any experience of this?

deyga
Newly Registered

Post by deyga » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:02 pm

That's right Only Safe period is between 20-50 years .

Once you cross 50, every time you get a renewal of passport, you will have to apply for OCI Misc services (reduced fees) to get a fresh OCI booklet and U sticker stamped on the passport . Which means another 10 years before you are due for another renewal of passport :) . This exercise is more of physical changes on your photograph rather than whole OCI approval process. This new and updated OCI also takes almost a month.

Also , all OCIs are issued by Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi for all countries so same rules apply for all countries.

http://www.cgibirmingham.org/index.php? ... ages&id=10 See Clause 35A.
kp10aar wrote:I have read on some websites that you need to have an OCI re-issued when obtaining a passport after the age of 50. Is this true? I know that in America, Australia and some other countries it does say this on their official websites but I can't find this information on the UK websites. I have e-mailed them directly but there is no reply, has anyone got any experience of this?

kp10aar
Newly Registered

Post by kp10aar » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:22 pm

Thanks deyga!
deyga wrote:That's right Only Safe period is between 20-50 years .

Once you cross 50, every time you get a renewal of passport, you will have to apply for OCI Misc services (reduced fees) to get a fresh OCI booklet and U sticker stamped on the passport . Which means another 10 years before you are due for another renewal of passport :) . This exercise is more of physical changes on your photograph rather than whole OCI approval process. This new and updated OCI also takes almost a month.

Also , all OCIs are issued by Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi for all countries so same rules apply for all countries.

http://www.cgibirmingham.org/index.php? ... ages&id=10 See Clause 35A.
kp10aar wrote:I have read on some websites that you need to have an OCI re-issued when obtaining a passport after the age of 50. Is this true? I know that in America, Australia and some other countries it does say this on their official websites but I can't find this information on the UK websites. I have e-mailed them directly but there is no reply, has anyone got any experience of this?
:) :)

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:47 pm

deyga wrote: Once you cross 50, every time you get a renewal of passport, you will have to apply for OCI Misc services (reduced fees) to get a fresh OCI booklet and U sticker stamped on the passport
not every time after 50 but only once.

deyga
Newly Registered

Post by deyga » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Good point . You are correct . My Apologies.

From the CGI Birmingham site in the URL given on my previous post

"OCI registration certificate and visa have got to be re-issued each time a new passport is issued up to the completion of 20 years of age and once after completion of 50 years of age. "
ban.s wrote:
deyga wrote: Once you cross 50, every time you get a renewal of passport, you will have to apply for OCI Misc services (reduced fees) to get a fresh OCI booklet and U sticker stamped on the passport
not every time after 50 but only once.

ohell
Newly Registered

Post by ohell » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:38 pm

I am in exactly the same situation: applied on October 1, status says 'Under Process'. Did you manage to contact anyone, and find out what's going on? I have been ringing them, but no one picks up the phone, and emails go unanswered :(
karen334 wrote:HI EVERYONE!

I applied for OCI in person on 1st of October. Its been more than a month now and my status still shows "under process" Sad

Applicant Name ***
File Acknowledgment Number ***
Date Of Acknowledgment 01-OCT-2013
OCI- Number
Documents Printing Status UNDER-PROCESS

I see only a selected fields, not much information visible.

I tried mailing and also contacting them today, yet no response. No one is picking up the call (tried all the available numbers). Is it a holiday at the embassy today? (assuming it is in India)

Is there any other means of catching hold of them?

dilkpdp
Newly Registered

My Status

Post by dilkpdp » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:35 pm

Hello,

I have applied OCI on 30th Sep and today its showing document printing status processed as of 9th Nov, I need to travel on 20th nov. Will I get OCI before in UK is it better to apply visa?

deyga
Newly Registered

Re: My Status

Post by deyga » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:22 pm

Today being start of week it should be available by Friday or Monday if it is HCI London . HCI B'gham may mean extra 2 weeks.

But that is too close for your visa window of 5 days processing . It is getting precariously touch and go case for you . If I were you I would apply for VISA ,knowing very well that OCI may well be ready just before I board on 20th.

Take a good call. All the best.

dilkpdp wrote:Hello,

I have applied OCI on 30th Sep and today its showing document printing status processed as of 9th Nov, I need to travel on 20th nov. Will I get OCI before in UK is it better to apply visa?

AmitP
Newly Registered

OCI Timeline

Post by AmitP » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:20 pm

After some delay, it seems that things have started moving. My timeline is:

Date Of Acknowledgment 03-OCT-2013

OCI- Number A********

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 11-NOV-2013

Dispatched From MOIA (OCI )NEW DELHI On WAITING

Document received At LONDON On WAITING

Hopefully it will be here soon!

dilkpdp
Newly Registered

Re: My Status

Post by dilkpdp » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:24 pm

Thanks Deyga, yes applied from London HCI... I think will wait until tomorrow and give call to high commission and see if this will happen or not

[quote="deyga"]Today being start of week it should be available by Friday or Monday if it is HCI London . HCI B'gham may mean extra 2 weeks.

But that is too close for your visa window of 5 days processing . It is getting precariously touch and go case for you . If I were you I would apply for VISA ,knowing very well that OCI may well be ready just before I board on 20th.

Take a good call. All the best.

[quote="dilkpdp"]Hello,

I have applied OCI on 30th Sep and today its showing document printing status processed as of 9th Nov, I need to travel on 20th nov. Will I get OCI before in UK is it better to apply visa?[/quote][/quote]

AmitP
Newly Registered

Post by AmitP » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:27 pm

Dilkpdp

I heard that visa processing time is only 2-3 days, so you are ok to wait until at least Wed/ Thur. Depends on if you want to risk it or not.

I dont think anyone will answer the phone at high commission.

Shubham
Newly Registered

Multiple Applicants

Post by Shubham » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:50 pm

Hi Guys,

I applied for OCI on 3rd of Oct as well and except my daughter every ones OCI has been processed. Do you think they will send our OCI stickers. we are flying on 29th.

tmistry
Newly Registered

OCI Process/Postal

Post by tmistry » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:13 pm

Hi

I just wanted to ask if anyone else has had to wait this long? or if its normal to wait this long?

We submitted our oci application in September

Date of Acknowledgement : 9 Sept 2013
Date of Printing : 3 October 2013
Dispatched From OCI - New Delhi - 7 October 2013
Document Received at London - 8 October 2013

Its now the beginning of November...Does anyone know if the status is supposed to be changed to 'GRANTED' or how long it takes, as its been nearly 2 months since we started the process and are flying in December?

Any help or advice is appreciated? as we still haven't sent our passports off yet, as we were sure if your supposed to wait for the status to change to 'Granted' or not?

Just wanted to check one more thing...!?
We posted our application to the office with the self addressed return special delivery envelope as requested

Does this mean we can post our passports to the HCI office, special delivery to be stamped and they should return them in our special delivery envelope?

Thanks

Shubham
Newly Registered

Re: OCI Process/Postal

Post by Shubham » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:24 pm

Hi ,

I think your OCI was granted and it was ready for collection when they received the docs in london.
tmistry wrote:Hi

I just wanted to ask if anyone else has had to wait this long? or if its normal to wait this long?

Its now the beginning of November...Does anyone know if the status is supposed to be changed to 'GRANTED' or how long it takes, as its been nearly 2 months since we started the process and are flying in December?

Any help or advice is appreciated? as we still haven't sent our passports off yet, as we were sure if your supposed to wait for the status to change to 'Granted' or not?

We posted our application to the office with the self addressed return special delivery envelope as requested

Does this mean we can post our passports to the HCI office, special delivery to be stamped and they should return them in our special delivery envelope?

Thanks

rambharose
Newly Registered

Post by rambharose » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:04 am

Your OCI is granted and is ready for collection from 8th October, check the collection procedure here.

http://hcilondon.in/oci.html

Thanks

bizzythekid
Newly Registered

Post by bizzythekid » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:18 am

Wondering if someone can help. i have submitted 3 OCI applications. 1st which was my wifes', she already had an OCI but change of name caused re applying for new card and sticker.

Submission: In Person -London
Acknowledgement - 10-Oct-2013

Second was mine and my sisters. Both of our parents have an OCI.

Submission: Postal -London
Date of submission - 11-Oct-2013
Date of postal receipt - 12-Oct-2013
Acknowledgement - 04-Nov-2013

What i need to know is when, roughly, mine and my sisters realistically be ready in London HCI? I only ask this as we are flying out on 31st December 2013. I'm aware HCI collection is closed some days in December, but unsure when. I have already read most pages on this topic, and understand from date of acknowledgement it can take 3-5 weeks till printing status appears. but assume its 3 weeks for those who's parents already have OCI status, is this true?

Side note: people have been telling me that processing time will be longer then usual due to the high influx of applicants this year.

has me a little worried as i do not want to spend more on getting a VISA. [i've contacted all email addresses, no replies so far] and knowing that OCI will be ready any time in December.

All help is appreciated.

deyga
Newly Registered

Post by deyga » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:46 am

Take a printout of the status page and carry/send your passports to HCI lLondon.

For collecting in person reach there by 9:00am submit the passports and printout in a separate counter specially meant for OCI collection. Collect your OCI same day in the afternonn ( probably 4pm, please check).

It has been more than a month ready for collection :)

Thanks

deyga
Newly Registered

Post by deyga » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:50 am

Since it was 4th November when you have your acknowledgement date, roughly translates to 3 December when your OCIs should be ready to collect .

By 29th Nov you should see something like processed in Delhi which will indicate normal progress :)
bizzythekid wrote:

What i need to know is when, roughly, mine and my sisters realistically be ready in London HCI? I only ask this as we are flying out on 31st December 2013. I'm aware HCI collection is closed some days in December, but unsure when. I have already read most pages on this topic, and understand from date of acknowledgement it can take 3-5 weeks till printing status appears. but assume its 3 weeks for those who's parents already have OCI status, is this true?

Side note: people have been telling me that processing time will be longer then usual due to the high influx of applicants this year.

has me a little worried as i do not want to spend more on getting a VISA. [i've contacted all email addresses, no replies so far] and knowing that OCI will be ready any time in December.

All help is appreciated.

deyga
Newly Registered

Post by deyga » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:51 am

Since it was 4th November when you have your acknowledgement date, roughly translates to 3 December when your OCIs should be ready to collect .

By 29th Nov you should see something like processed in Delhi which will indicate normal progress :)
bizzythekid wrote:

All help is appreciated.
:lol: