ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changes to the Knowledge of language and life in the UK ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alan14
Newly Registered

Post by alan14 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:21 am

Hi,

My wife would be applying for ILR after completing 2 years with me who has already got ILR. She has passed Life in the UK test previously. Her visa is due to expire on 17 Nov 13 and she applied online and paid payment on 19th Oct and have an appointment PEO on the 14th Oct.

Based on the new changes from 28th Oct inorder to apply for settlement you need to pass life in the uk test AND and english test. previously only the life in the uk was required.

we dont have time to sit for an english test. so the question im asking is

1. would the date that we paid for the service count as the date of our application is going to be processed? which means we dont require the additonal english test.
2. if not, we dont have enough time to sit for an english exam because we applied 28days before visa to expire and the new changes only started after this (from 28th oct?

we are really lost. please help.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:26 am

I assume you meant the appointment in on 14th November 2013. Does you spouse have a degree which was taught in English, if so, is it awarded points on the PBS calculator?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

alan14
Newly Registered

Post by alan14 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:34 am

yes. she completed MBBS with Manipal Higher Academy in 2004. and she was awarded 10 points for english language.

nolada

Post by nolada » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:45 am

so you just need a print out of that and the original certificate of the degree and now you will be covered
just check the other topics it will covers all your questions for example http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=150248

alan14
Newly Registered

Post by alan14 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:55 am

thank you. can i check with you which print-out? Do I have to go on the UKBA website under PBS calculator and do the check for language and print this information off?

I used the PBS Calculator and found the information which shows that the qualification will provide 10 points. do i print this off.

please let me know. thanks.

alan14
Newly Registered

Post by alan14 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:17 am

i looked at other postings about the new requirements for language test/degree taught in english. im very confused as the Homeoffie does not have the full guidance and providing different requests.

nolada

Post by nolada » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:39 pm

Yes the PBS calculator

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:17 pm

Print screen of PBS calculator award with certificate should suffice.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.