ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 Year Continuous Residence ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lola56uk

Re: To lola56uk - Hope all is well

Post by lola56uk » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:05 am

Hopeful2 wrote:Hello lola56uk, hope all is well with you. Just checking up on you with regards to your appeal - what's the latest? I've lost track of your appeal date - when is it and I hope that all your preparations are coming together. If it has happened already, how did it go? I do hope all goes well for you at this very difficult and stressful time, take care and God bless.
Hello - I have my hearing next week, I will update you all. We are going in with full power :-).
Apologies for delay in getting back to you all, it has been a busy few days gathering various document.

lola56uk

Re: Wanted: Participants For Documentary Project

Post by lola56uk » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:14 am

R.S.V.P. wrote:Dear All,

I have not been on the forum for a while and I am so pleased to see the many positive outcomes for many of you. Congrats to all whose cases have been resolved!

I have been following this forum for quite some time. I've found it to be both informative and a source of much needed comfort while I waited for my partner's ILR to get sorted out.
Since my situation has been resolved and I've had a chance to take a breath, I have become interested in making a documentary about this process and experience.
I'm not sure what form the project will take. At this stage I'm thinking film, but it may very well be audio only or even some kind of a written piece.

I am looking for participants both for research and interview purposes. I am interested in the personal stories behind this process, and how the whole 14 year journey has affected you.
Of course, I completely understand the very private nature of this experience and have no interest in exposing anyone that wishes to remain anonymous. In the first instance I just want to make contact and exchange some completely anonymous emails. After we chat, if you feel comfortable, we could take it further, but there is no pressure whatsoever; I'm interested in connecting first and foremost.
Even if you don't think that you would be interested in contributing to the project, I'd still like to talk to you about your experiences as part of the research for the project.

Please PM me if you feel like contributing to the project.

I do hope to hear from you all.
All the best,
R.S.V.P.

@Lola56, I was very sorry to hear about your rejected application. However, I think your attitude is absolutely correct, and very admirable considering the stress your situation has no doubt placed on you. Stay positive and strong, it's the only way to go. I wish you the very best for your appeal.
Thank you for your kind words.
It's a tricky one here; whist no body wants to piss the Home office off; I can understand why you are putting together this framework. It should be insightful.
I will think about it, but the issue you will have is a whole lot of people here have been through difficult times with our distinguished friends the "HO".
And might object voicing out due to fear etc.
Either ways i will think about it based on my hearing next week.

R.S.V.P.
Newly Registered

Post by R.S.V.P. » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:34 pm

[i][quote="lola56uk"]

Thank you for your kind words.
It's a tricky one here; whist no body wants to piss the Home office off; I can understand why you are putting together this framework. It should be insightful.
I will think about it, but the issue you will have is a whole lot of people here have been through difficult times with our distinguished friends the "HO".
And might object voicing out due to fear etc.
Either ways i will think about it based on my hearing next week.[/quote][/i]

Thank you kindly for your response and for raising an important issue.
You are absolutely right; I do expect that the people who have gone through this process might be reluctant to speak about it. Not just out of fear, but also because I suspect that once a person is done with this kind of stress, they are likely to want to move on and forget about it.

Let me say that I have no interest in creating a smear campaign against the HO.
I'm also not interested in making a sympathy piece about the applicants.
My main interest is in the experience that the 14 year rule applicants go through and the unique circumstances and results that stem from it.

I'd also like to emphasise again that I totally respect the privacy and anonymity of anyone who contacts me and that nothing is going on record until they are 100% comfortable.
Besides, at the moment I'm only at the research stage. There is no definite plan on the shape that the final project would take; I expect that this will be decided by the response of the participants.

If you have any further questions, concerns or suggestions, please do let me know.

Finally, once again I wish you all the best regarding your appeal and look forward to hearing about the results.

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:03 am

I shall not be attending a hearing no more because UKBA have withdrawn their refusal.
This means that there will be no more hearing as there is nothing to appeal and UKBA will make a fresh decision on the file. Based on previous feedback I guess this is very positive news.

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:05 pm

lola56uk wrote:I shall not be attending a hearing no more because UKBA have withdrawn their refusal.
This means that there will be no more hearing as there is nothing to appeal and UKBA will make a fresh decision on the file. Based on previous feedback I guess this is very positive news.

lola56uk I take it CONGRATULATIONS are in order - looks like your battle is over and you will be issued with ILR very soon. I am so excited and happy for you. You will be able to exhale very soon - you deserve this. Can't wait to read on this forum that you have received your passport, documents and BRP!!!

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:36 am

Hopeful2 wrote:
lola56uk wrote:I shall not be attending a hearing no more because UKBA have withdrawn their refusal.

lola56uk I take it CONGRATULATIONS are in order - looks like your battle is over and you will be issued with ILR very soon. I am so excited and happy for you. You will be able to exhale very soon - you deserve this. Can't wait to read on this forum that you have received your passport, documents and BRP!!!
Thank you hopeful2
Let's see what their outcome is , i wonder how long it will take them to reconsider their decision now. General info states this can take 4-8 weeks.
I find this whole experience with them Homeoffice a rollercoaster and think they are the biggest bulky if all.
How can you withdraw a case 1 day before hearing.

R.S.V.P.
Newly Registered

Post by R.S.V.P. » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:42 pm

lola56uk wrote:
Hopeful2 wrote:

Thank you hopeful2
Let's see what their outcome is , i wonder how long it will take them to reconsider their decision now. General info states this can take 4-8 weeks.
I find this whole experience with them Homeoffice a rollercoaster and think they are the biggest bulky if all.
Hi lola56uk,

An interesting turn of events.
And it sounds very positive.
It will be even more interesting to see how long it takes the HO to process this.

I can imagine that you are frustrated by all this, but it looks like the whole process is at an end.
Hang in there and I wish you a speedy resolution.

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:03 pm

R.S.V.P. wrote:
lola56uk wrote:
Hopeful2 wrote:

Thank you hopeful2
Hi lola56uk,

An interesting turn of events.
And it sounds very positive.
It will be even more interesting to see how long it takes the HO to process this.

I can imagine that you are frustrated by all this, but it looks like the whole process is at an end.
Hang in there and I wish you a speedy resolution.

Frustration is a word that should not be used to describe how I feel. A big understatement.
But as I always say "one day aresnal will win a cup again".
The end is so near but so far.
I am calling the lady who originally refused my application but with no joy yet; I want to know if she has heard anything or if she will look at it again based on feedback of HOPO.

banats
Newly Registered

God Is Great

Post by banats » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:49 am

Hi everyone on this forum 25th October is my birthday and I got a gift of freedom from the God Almighty in the shape of my ILR.
As you all know that I also applied last year for my ILR on 14 years unlawful stay and HO refused my application this year in April saying that they except that I was here since 2005 and refused to except the evidences I provided for the year 1998-2004.
I appealed against the decision within given time but the tribunal refused my appeal saying that my appeal is out of time. I chased my solicitor and found that we appeal on the 9th of May and my last date was 10th may of May. My solicitor wrote to the tribunal and they accepted that it was an error form their side and kept my hearing on The 11TH July 2013.
On the hearing day I tool two witnesses with me. On 18th July the Judge allowed my appeal and on 24th October My Solicitor received my BRP.
I would like to thank all of you for your support and suggestion and pray that May Allah Almighty be with you in your cases.
Thanks

lola56uk

Re: God Is Great

Post by lola56uk » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:23 am

banats wrote:Hi everyone on this forum 25th October is my birthday and I got a gift of freedom from the God Almighty in the shape of my ILR.
As you all know that I also applied last year for my ILR on 14 years unlawful stay and HO refused my application this year in April saying that they except that I was here since 2005 and refused to except the evidences I provided for the year 1998-2004.
I appealed against the decision within given time but the tribunal refused my appeal saying that my appeal is out of time. I chased my solicitor and found that we appeal on the 9th of May and my last date was 10th may of May. My solicitor wrote to the tribunal and they accepted that it was an error form their side and kept my hearing on The 11TH July 2013.
On the hearing day I tool two witnesses with me. On 18th July the Judge allowed my appeal and on 24th October My Solicitor received my BRP.
I would like to thank all of you for your support and suggestion and pray that May Allah Almighty be with you in your cases.
Thanks
Hello Banats - congrats to you.
Enjoy the new gift, get a job and sort out a few things and go on holiday to treat yourself in the near future.
This is real good info this Friday and can't wait to share my good news myself. This is also a testimony that if we all work and support each other we can achieve great things.

Hopeful2

Re: God Is Great

Post by Hopeful2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:50 am

banats wrote:Hi everyone on this forum 25th October is my birthday and I got a gift of freedom from the God Almighty in the shape of my ILR.
Thanks
Congratulations banats - it's nice to have some good news on this forum.

I check in from time to time to see what's going on and hope that by end of December everyone with outstanding cases would have been issued with ILR and we can close this forum for good!!

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for a response from the HO - given that the cut off date for applying under this rule was 9 July last year, it's been an exceptionally long wait for some and the introduction of the latest immigration bill doesn't help at all. Just remember that no situation is permanent and this too shall pass. God / Allah bless you all.

lola56uk

Missed delivery

Post by lola56uk » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:49 pm

I missed a delivery this morning from the HO.
The post office have advised me to wait 48 hrs before coming down, is it normal for HO to contact me initially & directly and not via my solicitor. Anyways I will keep you all posted and I will try in the morning.

Hopeful2

Re: Missed delivery

Post by Hopeful2 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:42 am

lola56uk wrote:I missed a delivery this morning from the HO.
The post office have advised me to wait 48 hrs before coming down, is it normal for HO to contact me initially & directly and not via my solicitor. Anyways I will keep you all posted and I will try in the morning.

This is good news lola56uk - I applied directly to the HO and so all their correspondence was to me directly so I cannot comment on that aspect of your post but it feels like good news to me. I look forward to reading that you have received your documents and BRP soon.

For those who are still waiting for their decision from the HO pls can you update your timelines like I used to do for the outstanding decisions so we can continue to support you on this forum as I personally don't know who's case is still outstanding. I promised to give support until the last person on this forum got ILR and I can't do that blindly - all the best to you guys. Please don't forget to update your timelines - God bless you all.

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:30 am

Hopeful2 wrote:

This is good news lola56uk - I applied directly to the HO and so all their correspondence was to me directly so I cannot comment on that aspect of your post but it feels like good news to me. I look forward to reading that you have received your documents and BRP soon.

For those who are still waiting for their decision from the HO pls can you update your timelines like I used to do for the outstanding decisions so we can continue to support you on this forum as I personally don't know who's case is still outstanding. I promised to give support until the last person on this forum got ILR and I can't do that blindly - all the best to you guys. Please don't forget to update your timelines - God bless you all.
I received a letter requesting that I go to the post office and have a biometric info taken within 15 days.
I read this is usually good news - Any comments ?

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:30 pm

lola56uk wrote:
Hopeful2 wrote:

I received a letter requesting that I go to the post office and have a biometric info taken within 15 days.
I read this is usually good news - Any comments ?

I think this is good news - looks like they are working on your case and the sooner you get your biometrics done the sooner you will receive your BRP card and can see the New Year in as a free man!! All the best lola56uk, keep us posted on your progress - well done!!

lola56uk

Finally

Post by lola56uk » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:02 pm

I received a letter stating that Biometric card will be sent to solicitor within 7 days !!!
I guess the saga ends here... :) :D

Hopeful2

Re: Finally

Post by Hopeful2 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:20 pm

lola56uk wrote:I received a letter stating that Biometric card will be sent to solicitor within 7 days !!!
I'm very happy to be the first to congratulate you lola56uk, well done you deserve this. Pls let us know when you have your BRP in your hands :-) - you've made my day!!!

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:25 pm

Hopeful2 wrote:
lola56uk wrote:I received a letter stating that Biometric card will be sent to solicitor within 7 days !!!
I'm very happy to be the first to congratulate you lola56uk, well done you deserve this. Pls let us know when you have your BRP in your hands :-) - you've made my day!!!
Many thanks Hopeful2, let me thank you personally for all your support, even after you collected your BRP.
I will chase solicitor for BRP in 2-3 days.

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:07 pm

lola56uk wrote:
Hopeful2 wrote:
Many thanks Hopeful2, let me thank you personally for all your support, even after you collected your BRP.
I will chase solicitor for BRP in 2-3 days.
You are welcome lola56uk, I did promise to support you and I'm glad I did. Now you can exhale - a holiday away from the UK does wonders for the soul - I did that in August and I'm sure you will do the same soon. I wish you and your other half all the best for the future, I look forward to reading your next post after you have held your BRP in your hands . God bless you :-)

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:09 am

Received BRP card - ILR granted.
Solicitor putting in request to apply for British passport due to delay with application.

missmykid
Newly Registered

hip hip

Post by missmykid » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:58 am

Xmas present come early.its been a longtime coming if yu ask me.yu've been thru a lot enjoy the freedom mate and congratulations

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:32 pm

lola56uk wrote:Received BRP card - ILR granted.
Solicitor putting in request to apply for British passport due to delay with application.
Well done!! Am interested in the bit about applying for a British Passport - please let me know how that works for you - feel free to send me a message through my email - I don't know how to do that myself. Enjoy!!!

Hopeful2

Outstanding Cases

Post by Hopeful2 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:34 pm

Is anyone else waiting for ILR on this forum?

JJCJames
Newly Registered

Re: Outstanding Cases

Post by JJCJames » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:18 pm

Hopeful2 wrote:Is anyone else waiting for ILR on this forum?
Yes I am still waiting because I applied before the dead line last year July.
They granted me two year leave to remain in June this year but they refused me the indefinite leave to remain. The reason they give was that I need to Do the life in the Uk test before they can grant indefinite leave to remain. He advised me to do the test and reapply. They stated in the letter they accepted I have lived in the UK for 14years but they cannot grant ilr because of life in the UK test.
I received the Biometric Card for the 2 years 5th June this year.

I bought my ticket and travelled after a long period. The last time I visited my country was 18 years ago.

I came back and did the life in the UK test and spend another £1051 to apply. I sent the application on 24th October. Received acknowledgement letter the following week.

My questions are the following:

Did all these people who have been granted ilr did the life in the UK test with their application before they applied last year.

Will they still have me to do another Biometric based on this new application?

And does anybody have a similar situations to mine here in this forum?

Please I will like to know. Thanks.

Hopeful2

Re: Outstanding Cases

Post by Hopeful2 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:06 am

JJCJames wrote:
Hopeful2 wrote:Is anyone else waiting for ILR on this forum?
Yes I am still waiting because I applied before the dead line last year July.
They granted me two year leave to remain in June this year but they refused me the indefinite leave to remain. The reason they give was that I need to Do the life in the Uk test before they can grant indefinite leave to remain. He advised me to do the test and reapply. They stated in the letter they accepted I have lived in the UK for 14years but they cannot grant ilr because of life in the UK test.
I received the Biometric Card for the 2 years 5th June this year.

I bought my ticket and travelled after a long period. The last time I visited my country was 18 years ago.

I came back and did the life in the UK test and spend another £1051 to apply. I sent the application on 24th October. Received acknowledgement letter the following week.

My questions are the following:

Did all these people who have been granted ilr did the life in the UK test with their application before they applied last year.

Will they still have me to do another Biometric based on this new application?

And does anybody have a similar situations to mine here in this forum?

Please I will like to know. Thanks.

Hello JJCJames, to the best of my knowledge everyone who has been granted ILR has taken the Life in UK Test, myself included. Did you apply directly to HO or through a Solicitor? How come no one advised you to take the LIUKTest?