ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Immigration Bill and my rights

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:24 am

navalaviator and samira_uk please do read the basic rules of the forum most notably:
No use of rude or inappropriate language. One must always treat fellow posters with respect.
Please refrain from bickering on the forum.

If you wish to continue your bickering please do it elsewhere.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Go12
Member of Standing

Post by Go12 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:05 am

O my god,way to go samira.
Its an irony that people who were once migrants themselves previously and who have now become British citizens,start blaming other Migrants for the chaos around,instead of helping us.

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:39 am

Very interesting as well amusing thread :)
I partially agree and disagree to both navalaviator and samira_uk

I am on Tier-1 (General) still long way to go before can apply for ILR after 3 yrs.

I agree with samira_uk on being burdened by immigration in terms of constant fee increase, more stringent rules, and many more similar things
honestly its all psychological, haven't really faced anything yet

But as said by navalaviator, i am not doing special favor to this country, but came here only to make myself better and honestly find working culture here much better than in my home country. I believe every migrant come here to enrich himself/herself first?

According to me people portray things Black & White, while its not so, for Natives all immigrants are threat, and for all immigrants all natives are xenophobic.

Issue should have been whether NHS fee is justifiable for Work Permit holders who are already paying Tax, council tax etc? if so, how much is justifiable?
I don't want to go into rights of other types like illegal migrants etc

I personally believe as tax paying legal worker, i should not be paying for this. Rest is debatable, and open to hear from all sides

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:05 pm

Some interesting comments about private landlords' provisions.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:59 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:32 am

OK new immigration is nasty but not all. The only bill i do support is asking landlord to check the immigration status of the new tenant. This is common in many parts of the world. I lived in Saudi Arabia for many years and it was normal in there. Government is just trying to reduce illegal migrant numbers. Nothing wrong with that. UK is a very small island not like Canada or Australia
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

selva

Post by selva » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:35 am

askmeplz82 wrote:

OK new immigration is nasty but not all. The only bill i do support is asking landlord to check the immigration status of the new tenant. This is common in many parts of the world. I lived in Saudi Arabia for many years and it was normal in there. Government is just trying to reduce illegal migrant numbers. Nothing wrong with that. UK is a very small island not like Canada or Australia
I dont support even asking landlord to check the immigration status of the new tenant, I believe this is the job of UKBA and immigration control not landlord.

This is not 19th or 20th century with files and papers , why cant UKBA and immigration control do their work efficiently ? dont you have a good immigration control system(with all new IT and other magic...)? if UKBA and immigration control cant do the job properly (getting paid - public fund) , how come you expect ordinary people to do ?

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:40 pm

selva wrote:
askmeplz82 wrote:

I dont support even asking landlord to check the immigration status of the new tenant, I believe this is the job of UKBA and immigration control not landlord.

This is not 19th or 20th century with files and papers , why cant UKBA and immigration control do their work efficiently ? dont you have a good immigration control system(with all new IT and other magic...)? if UKBA and immigration control cant do the job properly (getting paid - public fund) , how come you expect ordinary people to do ?
Have to agree!!
also look at FAQ regarding Lodgers & sub-Tenants in
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... dlords.pdf
this will only complicate the issue.

Will this policy cover households who take in lodgers or sub-tenants?
We want to avoid displacing illegal migrants from one part of the private rented
sector to other parts. Therefore, the rules will apply to households taking in lodgers
or sub-tenants into their own home, and not just stand-alone rented accommodation.
Lower penalties will apply in these cases, recognising the different circumstances of
households in this part of the private rented sector

anyway i am more concerned about NHS charges, which will be added to fees of ILR and other work permit Visa
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... Health.pdf
I have to go for a tier-1 extension, which is already exorbitant

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:21 pm

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:38 pm

Hende123 wrote:Does anyone know if it is just landlords that can face fines for renting to illegals. Do family who,s child partner is illegal immigrant face fines for letting child and partner stay in there home.

What will be effect on those who have had applications refused with no removal directions and trying to appeal on human rights grounds. Will they be expected to be homeless?

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:29 pm

I do agree with Selva... its UKBA's job to check immigration, not landlords.

How qualified will be a landlord... my landlord doesn't know the difference between Tier 1, Tier 4 or ILR with especially the terminology changing frequently
and this will also be problem.. because my ILR application took 10 months (postal application) before it got approved and in the meanwhile my visa expired just after a month I sent my application... If the landlord is ignorant of immigration policies (which I strongly believe most of them are) they are going to chuck the tenants out (thinking they became illegal ) and people can't even go back their home country because their passports stuck in "Queue".

This is completely illogical

2. NHS - I truely agree that No migrant with legal status(at least) should be paying the extra charges
If they are asking students to pay another £200...then they might as well reduce the international student fees by the same amount

and if they want these tier 1 or any other work related migrant to pay extra charges then they should reduce the tax /NI percentage to these categories

remember Mr. Cameron's own words: " they should pay for what they are using"

So if we are not using certain benefits then we shouldn't pay for them...

Yup 7 years later when they start giving these benefit then we can for pay them

I mean seriously what's next

they are using our police: so every time an immigrant call 999 charge him a tenner

they are using roads: so every time an immigrant walks on the road charge him a tenner???

on a lighter vein
can't believe naval vs samira's argument

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hoppyk
Newly Registered

Post by hoppyk » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:34 pm

Ree

vinny

Re: New Immigration Bill and my rights

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:37 pm

Apparition

Post by Apparition » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:38 pm

LOL, you have no rights, especially as an immigrant. The gov do what they want when they want. Even native Brits have no rights, but they're just treated (much) better. Time is also a factor; 50 years ago vs now vs 50 years time, etc.

ScottCastle2013
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by ScottCastle2013 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:33 am

barabashka wrote:The part of the Bill about the health levy for migrants that already pay taxes in the UK is absolutely unacceptable.
If this Bill becomes a reality, I will be looking for another job outside UK. There is limit for everything. This is not about money, this is about our rights.
The Bill will achieve it's purpose - university lecturers and other skilled workers will leave...
What is your Job I may want it when I get there.

bendominic13
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by bendominic13 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:01 pm

I am new here