ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proofs for 1year cooling period

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GlobalIndian84
Newly Registered

Proofs for 1year cooling period

Post by GlobalIndian84 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:19 pm

Hi,

I have been allocated a Restricted COS by my prospective employer. Now I need to submit my application for which I need to show proofs for my one year cooling period. I left UK at end of October 2012 but my visa was till May 2013. I know I am eligible to apply as one year gap is complete however, can someone advise from experience, how I can show this in the application?

Will it be good idea to give copy of passport stamps and a cover letter stating the case?

Any advice will be helpful.

Lynz1988
Canada

Post by Lynz1988 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:17 pm

I read somewhere that passport stamps and plane ticket stubs (boarding pass) are valid - something "official" that marks you leaving the UK

GlobalIndian84
Newly Registered

Post by GlobalIndian84 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:58 am

Thanks Lynz1988.
There is no departure stamp while leaving UK. Only arrival stamp in India.What I am not sure is how to present the passport stamps proof with the application. Can someone advise on that please?

GlobalIndian84
Newly Registered

Post by GlobalIndian84 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:10 am

Can someone advise from experience what documents have been accepted in the past by UKBA?
Need advise urgently.

norty109

Cooling Proof

Post by norty109 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:09 am

1. Your ex sponsor must have informed in October 2012 to UKBA regarding you leaving and that record is with them. You should check, if possible, the date of information provided to UKBA. If you have good relation with you ex sponsor they can send your status / migrant activity printout from View COS option which will show your employment termination in 2012.

2. Arrical stamp in India page, take copy and write on it that this is the last arrival from UK. Since that date you haven't been back in UK and served 12 months+ cooling period.

3. If you have plane stub or booking you can attach that.

4. Copy of your P45 leaving your job in UK in October 2012.

5. Resignation letter or acceptance of resignation letter from your ex employer dated Oct 2012.

All of the above will make a sound case and point 1 is the most crucial aspect as sponsors advise and your last status will be evident from there.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

GlobalIndian84
Newly Registered

Post by GlobalIndian84 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:34 am

Many thanks for the reply, it is very helpful.

I have now gathered these documents.

1. Copies of India entry stamp on passport
2. UK to India air ticket corresponding to above entry date.
3. P45 form issued by last UK employer which mentions last date of job.
4. Letter of employment start in next location(outside UK) after 7 days of leaving UK.
5. Cover letter explaining all the evidence to build a case.

I hope this will suffice!