ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I trust advice from Irish Consulate?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Static

Post by Static » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:37 pm

nohinsara wrote:Well here's the thing... my husband works in policy and fraud detection, but he does not have any IT qualifications. So it might be difficult for him to find a job in the IT market.

I wish I knew if my status as a member of the EU will impact badly on a work permit application. If we go through the whole process of applying and get rejected and told to apply for EU1 I will lose it!
I think you should do both. As Jack in the box said in the thread I started about work permit/EU 1 ... just specify that you are awaiting a residence card according to your EU treaty rights. As soon as I have an answer I'll post it here. In the meantime... I am starting on Monday with training and I spoke to my new employer late this afternoon and once again brought up the work permit and he said he would help in any way he can.

nohinsara

Post by nohinsara » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:06 pm

Static wrote:
nohinsara wrote:Well here's the thing... my husband works in policy and fraud detection, but he does not have any IT qualifications. So it might be difficult for him to find a job in the IT market.

I wish I knew if my status as a member of the EU will impact badly on a work permit application. If we go through the whole process of applying and get rejected and told to apply for EU1 I will lose it!
I think you should do both. As Jack in the box said in the thread I started about work permit/EU 1 ... just specify that you are awaiting a residence card according to your EU treaty rights. As soon as I have an answer I'll post it here. In the meantime... I am starting on Monday with training and I spoke to my new employer late this afternoon and once again brought up the work permit and he said he would help in any way he can.
But I haven't lived in an EU state before, so I don't know if there's any point to applying for the EU1. I will just be rejected!
We are planning to do all the applying for permits from Canada as well.

I will be looking forward to seeing your response though.

Static

Post by Static » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:33 pm

nohinsara wrote:
Static wrote:

But I haven't lived in an EU state before, so I don't know if there's any point to applying for the EU1. I will just be rejected!
We are planning to do all the applying for permits from Canada as well.

I will be looking forward to seeing your response though.
That would depend entirely on what happens with the court case. The next date is this Tuesday coming. If it is in our favour... the EU 1 thing may well be a cinch (the way it's supposed to be)

nohinsara

Post by nohinsara » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:20 am

Ok, obviously I'm a newbie at all of this... so please forgive me by asking fairly idiotic questions!
Am I right in my assumption that what they are trying to do with this case is to remove the "previous EU state residency" clause from the immigration laws? Is that what it's about?

I swear I will have every finger, toe, and eye crossed when I go to sleep on Monday night if that is the case!

By the way Static CONGRATS on your headway with an employer! Excellent news! :D

Static

Post by Static » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:16 am

nohinsara wrote:Ok, obviously I'm a newbie at all of this... so please forgive me by asking fairly idiotic questions!
Am I right in my assumption that what they are trying to do with this case is to remove the "previous EU state residency" clause from the immigration laws? Is that what it's about?

I swear I will have every finger, toe, and eye crossed when I go to sleep on Monday night if that is the case!

By the way Static CONGRATS on your headway with an employer! Excellent news! :D
No question is a dumb question. I have been reading these things up for months and months and a lot of it still completely escapes me. Yes. The court case boils down to something like that. All the people who got rejected were told to hang in there until the court case is over and they may be reconcidered pending the outcome. I could be wrong with this.. but applying for a work permit as an EU spouse awaiting a decision on the EU 1 form waivers the cost of the application as well as the fact that the employer has to provide proof that the post has been advertised and you would have to provide all your certification to prove how qualified you are for the job. If you are not married to an EU national, apparently, the normal rules apply. I hope that this is right and believe it to be so as I am in contact with other members of this forum who managed this. Thanks for the congrats! :) Going there today and getting him to fill in the application form :D

nohinsara

Post by nohinsara » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:42 am

Thanks for making that a heck of a lot clearer Static. I hope this all plays out in our favour! My fingers are crossed now as I go to bed. Probably will send up a couple prayers too!

Static

Post by Static » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:22 pm

nohinsara wrote:Thanks for making that a heck of a lot clearer Static. I hope this all plays out in our favour! My fingers are crossed now as I go to bed. Probably will send up a couple prayers too!
Hope you praying for me too! Sure need it :) I am working my BUTT off :D and it's wonderful but so strange for a change. Will keep posting if I get further info.. :)

nohinsara

Post by nohinsara » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:55 pm

Static wrote:
nohinsara wrote:Thanks for making that a heck of a lot clearer Static. I hope this all plays out in our favour! My fingers are crossed now as I go to bed. Probably will send up a couple prayers too!
Hope you praying for me too! Sure need it :) I am working my BUTT off :D and it's wonderful but so strange for a change. Will keep posting if I get further info.. :)
Sending prayers out your way too Static! But I'm sure you'll be fine. So what's the new job like? What kind of work do you do?
Most of all - how the heck did you find such an understanding employer? :lol: