ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About British diplomatic post in SET(F)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cqln

About British diplomatic post in SET(F)

Post by cqln » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:45 am

In SET(F) form, when asking BRP information in section 5, there is a question asking applicant to
Give details of the British diplomatic post(s) involved if the application(s) was/were made abroad
How can the applicant do it? The applicant does not know who the staff is or what role they were playing.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:49 am

It means for example, BHC, Islamabad.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

cqln

Post by cqln » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:51 am

D4109125 wrote:It means for example, BHC, Islamabad.
What does BHC mean?

Does it require applicant to input a place?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:55 am

British High Commission, it was an example.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

cqln

Post by cqln » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:00 pm

D4109125 wrote:British High Commission, it was an example.
I understand, Thanks!

Can I say "Visa officer in British Embassy, China"?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:05 pm

Fine.

cqln

Post by cqln » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:16 pm

D4109125 wrote:Fine.
Thanks!

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:39 pm

Technically there is a difference between A British High Commission and A British Embassy.

As D4109125 advised, it doesn't really matter what you write in this but if you want to be précised, I would suggest write something like British Embassy Beijing if you are talking about Beijing in China (just an example).

The word 'High Commission' is only used for Common Wealth Countries. For all other countries, the word 'Embassy' is used, for example British Embassy Paris.

As China is not part of the commonwealth, it will have to be a British Embassy *, China (where * is the relevant City in China). The commonwealth is a group of countries that are colonised by Britain and give sovereignty to the Queen of England. China has never been colonised by Britain. Hong Kong has, but it was relinquished in 1999. The commonwealth games are games for members of the commonwealth only. China participates in the Asian games which is the Asian equivalent of the commonwealth games.

cqln

Post by cqln » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:43 pm

linkers wrote:Technically there is a difference between A British High Commission and A British Embassy.

As D4109125 advised, it doesn't really matter what you write in this but if you want to be précised, I would suggest write something like British Embassy Beijing if you are talking about Beijing in China (just an example).

The word 'High Commission' is only used for Common Wealth Countries. For all other countries, the word 'Embassy' is used, for example British Embassy Paris.

As China is not part of the commonwealth, it will have to be a British Embassy *, China (where * is the relevant City in China). The commonwealth is a group of countries that are colonised by Britain and give sovereignty to the Queen of England. China has never been colonised by Britain. Hong Kong has, but it was relinquished in 1999. The commonwealth games are games for members of the commonwealth only. China participates in the Asian games which is the Asian equivalent of the commonwealth games.
Thank you very much for the details.