ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bizzythekid
Newly Registered

Post by bizzythekid » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:06 am

deyga wrote:Since it was 4th November when you have your acknowledgement date, roughly translates to 3 December when your OCIs should be ready to collect .

By 29th Nov you should see something like processed in Delhi which will indicate normal progress :)
:lol:
Thanks.

Its strange that my wifes OCI status hasn't changed for more then 4 weeks. and hers is a simple MISC application.

When should start to make plans to get a VISA, if OCI status is the same til 9th December?

Also has there been an incident before where Delhi can reject application, even though application has been acknowledged?

deyga
Newly Registered

Post by deyga » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:26 am

Your wife's case may not as simple since it involves name change. It may be a MISC service which doesn't mean fast and easy. There may be internal verification/approvals required which may be delaying the process.

Applying for Visa normally takes 5 days and is done through VFS UK. So it can wait later than 9th Dec .

Delhi normally doesn't reject applications because these are vetted(80%) in HCI London before it reaches Delhi but there are a few photo issues around picture quality etc. HCI London will then contact you to send/upload newer pictures.
bizzythekid wrote:
Thanks.

Its strange that my wifes OCI status hasn't changed for more then 4 weeks. and hers is a simple MISC application.

When should start to make plans to get a VISA, if OCI status is the same til 9th December?

Also has there been an incident before where Delhi can reject application, even though application has been acknowledged?

stranger22
Newly Registered

Re: My Status

Post by stranger22 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:13 pm

I am pretty much same boat processed on 10th and need to travel on 18th.. Applied for a Visa. Cant cancel flight. the whole 30 days processing time on OCI website is plain Goat shit
dilkpdp wrote:Hello,

I have applied OCI on 30th Sep and today its showing document printing status processed as of 9th Nov, I need to travel on 20th nov. Will I get OCI before in UK is it better to apply visa?

dilkpdp
Newly Registered

Post by dilkpdp » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:32 pm

Thanks Stranger22 for your advise, though I can postpone my plan only by two days i.e. I have to travel max on 22nd. Still wondering should I wait for OCI or just apply... I may wait until wed and see if they dispatch otherwise will apply

stranger22 wrote:I am pretty much same boat processed on 10th and need to travel on 18th.. Applied for a Visa. Cant cancel flight. the whole 30 days processing time on OCI website is plain Goat shit

I have applied OCI on 30th Sep and today its showing document printing status processed as of 9th Nov, I need to travel on 20th nov. Will I get OCI before in UK is it better to apply visa?

winchesterguy
Newly Registered

Re: OCI status submission in Sep 2013

Post by winchesterguy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:54 am

[quote="winchesterguy"]OCI Application timeline

Submission: Postal -London
Date of submission - 14-Sep-2013
Date of postal receipt - 16-Sep-2013
Acknowledgement - 08-Oct-2013
return of document - 09-Oct-2013

Advice for people who go in person, please be there before 7 as I went there for submission and they didnot have enough space in embassy and turned us back at 10:15am![/quo

Updates - No status change as on 13-Nov-2013

quantumscience

Post by quantumscience » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:38 am

Advice for people who go in person, please be there before 7
Hi Thanks for that tip.

I am planning to go there (for PIO application for my wife) and will be there at about 5.45 or 6 am (just to ensure i am at the top of the PIO queue :)).

My plan is to take the train to Holborne station (travelling from Reading) and then walk from there to the HCI office.

Do you think that stretch is safe for walking at that time... since i will be there at about 5.45-ish or so.

What is your advice please?

Thanks.

dilkpdp
Newly Registered

Post by dilkpdp » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:40 am

That area is safe anyway... but for PIO do you really need to go that early as when I went 7:45 am for my oci card I have seen people coming at 9:00 and still manage to get in. this was on 30th sep

quantumscience wrote:
Hi Thanks for that tip.

I am planning to go there (for PIO application for my wife) and will be there at about 5.45 or 6 am (just to ensure i am at the top of the PIO queue :)).

My plan is to take the train to Holborne station (travelling from Reading) and then walk from there to the HCI office.

Do you think that stretch is safe for walking at that time... since i will be there at about 5.45-ish or so.

Thanks.

quantumscience

Post by quantumscience » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:46 am

but for PIO do you really need to go that early as when I went 7:45 am for my oci card I have seen people coming at 9:00 and still manage to get in. this was on 30th sep
Oh i see... this is the kind of information i am seeking you see. I have put a separate question post yesterday on this.

OK, so good to know that for PIO we can still come a bit later rather than 5.45 AM et al. My idea was to be the first or so in the PIO queue, since i need to get back to work (Oxford) after submitting the application.

Did you reach there at 7 AM and were able to get into a decent queue position number? Were you able to get the token and be seen and be out of there by 10-ish?

It would be great if you kindly answer my other post where i have about 4 questions in there please. Really appreciate it.

My post is here: http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=150769

Thanks.

jiksx
Newly Registered

OCI for my wife

Post by jiksx » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi,

Can someone please advise what proof/copies I need to submit for my wife's OCI application. Her father currently has OCI and her mother has PIO.

Thanks

Jiks

bizzythekid
Newly Registered

Post by bizzythekid » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:31 pm

quantumscience wrote:
Hi Thanks for that tip.

Thanks.
farrrr too early. when i was there last month PIO people started to come at about 7. and that was only 5 people. if you want to come early, make it 7. otherwise you will be cold for no reason.

bizzythekid
Newly Registered

Re: OCI for my wife

Post by bizzythekid » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:38 pm

jiksx wrote:Hi,

Can someone please advise what proof/copies I need to submit for my wife's OCI application. Her father currently has OCI and her mother has PIO.

Thanks

Jiks
i currently have my OCI in process, both parents have OCI. This is what i submitted.

my passport copy[photo page]
my birth certificate copy [full certificate].. UK born
both parents copy of OCI card photo page
both parents copy of OCI card data page
both parents copy of passport OCI sticker
both parents copy of passport photo page
both parents copy of affidavit
birth certificate of father
surrender certificate of mother

that's as far as i remember. hope it helps.

jiksx
Newly Registered

Post by jiksx » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:46 pm

Great thanks,

What is the affidavit? also will she need her fathers birth cert or will copies of his OCI and Passports be enough?

Thanks once again for the help.

i currently have my OCI in process, both parents have OCI. This is what i submitted.

my passport copy[photo page]
my birth certificate copy [full certificate].. UK born
both parents copy of OCI card photo page
both parents copy of OCI card data page
both parents copy of passport OCI sticker
both parents copy of passport photo page
both parents copy of affidavit
birth certificate of father
surrender certificate of mother

that's as far as i remember. hope it helps.[/quote]

bizzythekid
Newly Registered

Post by bizzythekid » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:35 pm

jiksx wrote:Great thanks,

What is the affidavit? also will she need her fathers birth cert or will copies of his OCI and Passports be enough?

Affidavit is proof from an authorised person [stamped] that the person [my parents] were born where they said, and date of birth, as it is. its a consolidated proof that a person is who they say they are.

you will not need fathers birth certificate if your father has an OCI.

AmitP
Newly Registered

Post by AmitP » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:31 am

Affadavit has to be done by a Notary. They normally charge between £30 and £50. Please note that this is not just a normal solicitor.

stranger22
Newly Registered

Post by stranger22 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:52 pm

I applied for Visa on Friday and got it on Tuesday so it seems it takes 2-3 days only to get the Visa.
But again its your call mate. I will rather pay extra 100 pounds for visa instead of screwing up my travel plans in case Oci is further delayed.
dilkpdp wrote:Thanks Stranger22 for your advise, though I can postpone my plan only by two days i.e. I have to travel max on 22nd. Still wondering should I wait for OCI or just apply... I may wait until wed and see if they dispatch otherwise will apply

stranger22 wrote:I am pretty much same boat processed on 10th and need to travel on 18th.. Applied for a Visa. Cant cancel flight. the whole 30 days processing time on OCI website is plain Goat shit

ohell
Newly Registered

Post by ohell » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:57 pm

Hello,

did you check your status today? My OCI was also marked as 'PROCESSED' on the 9th, but has not been dispatched from Delhi yet.

I have read online that a delay of 4 days or more in dispatching usually indicates a problem with the submitted photograph, so am starting to get worried now!
stranger22 wrote:I applied for Visa on Friday and got it on Tuesday so it seems it takes 2-3 days only to get the Visa.
But again its your call mate. I will rather pay extra 100 pounds for visa instead of screwing up my travel plans in case Oci is further delayed.

jiksx
Newly Registered

Post by jiksx » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:22 pm

Will I need an affidavit for my wife?

Her dad has oci, her mum has pio - both with british passports. She was born here and has a british passport.

I am getting mixed advice on what proofs I need to submit with my wifes application and we are travelling mid January so want to make sure it has the correct proof/documents attached so it is processed as quick as possible.

Many thanks

bizzythekid wrote:
jiksx wrote:Great thanks,

Affidavit is proof from an authorised person [stamped] that the person [my parents] were born where they said, and date of birth, as it is. its a consolidated proof that a person is who they say they are.

you will not need fathers birth certificate if your father has an OCI.

dilkpdp
Newly Registered

Post by dilkpdp » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:39 pm

Thanks for advise, I am planning to apply Visa tomorrow morning... But before I leave will check status online.

I have managed to talk to someone in HCI London yesterday and they said that all application applied on 30th Sep should reach them by friday but he was not sure. Thinking to get visa and then will see next week what to do.

stranger22 wrote:I applied for Visa on Friday and got it on Tuesday so it seems it takes 2-3 days only to get the Visa.
dilkpdp wrote:Thanks Stranger22 for your advise, though I can postpone my plan only by two days i.e. I have to travel max on 22nd. Still wondering should I wait for OCI or just apply... I may wait until wed and see if they dispatch otherwise will apply

dilkpdp
Newly Registered

Post by dilkpdp » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:40 pm

Dude still same status ... processed on 9th and no other update
ohell wrote:Hello,

did you check your status today? My OCI was also marked as 'PROCESSED' on the 9th, but has not been dispatched from Delhi yet.

I have read online that a delay of 4 days or more in dispatching usually indicates a problem with the submitted photograph, so am starting to get worried now!

stranger22
Newly Registered

Post by stranger22 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:47 pm

Well thats bizzare if delay of more than 4 days indicates photo problems.. why it will show processed if there are issues with the photo? but then you never know with Indian missions.

ohell
Newly Registered

Post by ohell » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:11 pm

The "Photo Problem" section here: http://www.immihelp.com/nri/overseascit ... n-oci.html

stranger22 wrote:Well thats bizzare if delay of more than 4 days indicates photo problems.. why it will show processed if there are issues with the photo? but then you never know with Indian missions.

stranger22
Newly Registered

Post by stranger22 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:17 pm

[
Isnt that more usa specific where they straight fwd say 60 days unlike in uk who keep lying about 30 days?
quote="ohell"]The "Photo Problem" section here: http://www.immihelp.com/nri/overseascit ... n-oci.html

stranger22 wrote:Well thats bizzare if delay of more than 4 days indicates photo problems.. why it will show processed if there are issues with the photo? but then you never know with Indian missions.
[/quote]

deyga
Newly Registered

Post by deyga » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:14 pm

In my case , the backdated 'despatch date' from and current date of 'received in London' was updated on the same day on the website.

So tomorrow morning you may see that it received in London with a despatch date of 8th Nov .

Best of luck.
dilkpdp wrote:Dude still same status ... processed on 9th and no other update

rambharose
Newly Registered

Post by rambharose » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:34 am

I am also into the same situation, status updated as PROCESSED on 9th but no update afterwards. I am ready with my Tourist visa to fly to India as I cannot trust Indian missions but when I applied for my Tourist visa I took new photos which looks exactly the same I submitted with OCI application and I got my Tourist visa. So I am hoping as deyga said OCI status will update with backdated date.

winchesterguy
Newly Registered

Re: OCI status submission in Sep 2013

Post by winchesterguy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:19 am

[quote="winchesterguy"]OCI Application timeline

Submission: Postal -London
Date of submission - 14-Sep-2013
Date of postal receipt - 16-Sep-2013
Acknowledgement - 08-Oct-2013
return of document - 09-Oct-2013

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED on 14-NOV-2013
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI on
Document received At LONDON

Advice for people who go in person, please be there before 7 as I went there for submission and they didnot have enough space in embassy and turned us back at 10:15am![/quote]

Thanks god at last I have recieved it and in 8 weeks from the date I posted the application.

Now next step is collection by post!