ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MAY 2013 - NATURALISATION APPLICATION TIMELINES (ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:11 pm

linkers wrote:Eligibility criteria: HSMP + Tier-1 Gen + ILR

Application type: Joint

Method of application: Basingstoke NCS

Date of application: 08 May 2013

Date of approval: 08 Nov 2013

Date of Ceremony: haven't booked yet

MP Involved: Yes

Congratulations linkers.

Will you be able to provide more information about the involvement of MP? I can see that your application came back within 6 months so at what point you decided to see your MP? Did you contact UKBA before going to MP? What sort of answers your MP gave you after communicating with UKBA on your behalf.

Sorry for asking too many questions.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:56 pm

Thanks imran22.

I am not sure why my application took so long as my case was pretty straight forward (no FPNs or criminal convictions, none of the passports ever lost, no debt, always been employed (never worked as a self employed), got Tier-1 extension at same day PEO with no issues, got ILR at same day again with no issues, both children born in UK and got their BCs last year which were approved in only 21 days and lastly I also didn’t breach the 90/450 absences rule’.

I think my application was one of those few random (may be 1% of all applications for BC) unfortunate applications which are sent for some extra checks for no reason (God only knows what these checks are) to an external company. The reason I’m saying this is that when I got my MP involved around mid Oct, the Home Office told the MP that ‘we are waiting for some external checks to come back and as these checks are done by an external company and not by the Home Office, we can’t tell how long they will take to come back’.

The Home Office also told my MP that ‘the application is still under the 6 months of standard processing time and although we can’t tell how long it will take more but we assure you that it won’t be too long’. (don’t remember the exact wording as I don’t have the MP letter with me right now).

Let me know if I have missed anything. Happy to answer any more questions.

Sahib1
Newly Registered

Post by Sahib1 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:26 pm

linkers wrote:Thanks imran22.

I am not sure why my application took so long as my case was pretty straight forward (no FPNs or criminal convictions, none of the passports ever lost, no debt, always been employed (never worked as a self employed), got Tier-1 extension at same day PEO with no issues, got ILR at same day again with no issues, both children born in UK and got their BCs last year which were approved in only 21 days and lastly I also didn’t breach the 90/450 absences rule’.

I think my application was one of those few random (may be 1% of all applications for BC) unfortunate applications which are sent for some extra checks for no reason (God only knows what these checks are) to an external company. The reason I’m saying this is that when I got my MP involved around mid Oct, the Home Office told the MP that ‘we are waiting for some external checks to come back and as these checks are done by an external company and not by the Home Office, we can’t tell how long they will take to come back’.

The Home Office also told my MP that ‘the application is still under the 6 months of standard processing time and although we can’t tell how long it will take more but we assure you that it won’t be too long’. (don’t remember the exact wording as I don’t have the MP letter with me right now).

Let me know if I have missed anything. Happy to answer any more questions.

What are these extra checks? They are seems delaying some applications. I also received a reply from ukba that my application is needing further checks before they can progress with my application. I believe these further checks may be of a kind through an external company as you mentioned. I although applied on end of June.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:33 pm

Hi Sahib1. God only knows what these extra checks are but as I said earlier, there is nothing to worry about as most people are eventually getting approvals. I know few people who applied in April and got the same reply from Home Office (that there are some extra checks being done) but their applications were approved in the end.

Get your MP involved if you haven't done so as it definitely speeds up the things. I simply sent an email to my MP with all the details. She contacted the Home Office on my behalf and sent me a letter in the post about what the Home Office had told her (i.e. extra checks etc) with regards to my case.

racim

Post by racim » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:19 am

my application was received by HO 30/05/13 i got MP involved last week, i emailed him my details he rang the HO on same day, his replay was I have phoned the UKBA. The timescale for deciding your application is 6 months. If you still haven’t heard from the UKBA by 30 November let us know, so we call HO again and ask for an update

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:15 am

You should hopefully get a decision before the 6 months time.

racim

Post by racim » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:58 pm

linkers wrote:You should hopefully get a decision before the 6 months time.
Congratulations linkers btw :)
finger crossed, 21 days left to deadline :p

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:19 pm

Thanks racim. Hopefully it won't take long.

masum
Newly Registered

Post by masum » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:01 pm

Eligibility: pr + 1 year

Application type: 1

Method of application: NCS

Date of application: 29 May 2013

Date of approval: 24 oct 2013 received 1st nov

Date of Ceremony: 11 nov- private

MP Involved: No
Good luck to all waiting

linkers