ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My experience at London HCI for OCI submission

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kopper

My experience at London HCI for OCI submission

Post by kopper » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:56 pm

I thought I would share my experience with my OCI submission at London last Friday. It will help the people attending for the first time and are worried about the queues and wait times.

I arrived at the site around 6:30am and there was just the ONE queue to the left of the door with around 30 people. At approx 6:45, security came out and told everyone for OCI submission and Other passport services to make 2 queues on the right side of the entrance door. Unfortunately some of those who queued up first on the original queue ended up way back in the new queue.

By 7am the queue had got to about 100 and by 8am, 200+

At 8:30 they started calling in people from the Other passport services queue and they were given their token as they went past security. The OCI queue was called inside about 8:50 and they will want to see your completed applications at security so make sure they are visible before you enter. I was given token 428 (28th) for OCI.

After going past security, you will enter a large room downstairs with several counters and seating. By the time I got down it was almost filled by the earlier people but i managed to get a seat. Counters 6, 5 and 4 are for OCI so make sure you sit/stand near there. The unfortunate people for Passport services had only ONE counter (no. 8). Although the OCI counters should open at 9:30, they actually opened at 9:40.

There are monitors in the room which show the current token number that is being served but sometimes they are not updated quick enough and are small to read. Try and sit near the OCI counters if possible as the token numbers may be called quick.

BE WARNED. One of the OCI counters has a very harsh woman(wearing glasses at counter 5 I think) and she shouts at almost everyone. She appears to be very strict and rejected 2 people while I was there. Luckily I avoided her and the lady serving me was nicer and didnt ask me a single question.

On that day they opened a 4th OCI counter (number 1) and that reduced the wait times. I finished by 10:30. When I came out of the building there was hardly any queues on the OCI side but the queues on the right for OCI collection appeared long.

Hope that helps anyone.

immhelp!
Newly Registered

Post by immhelp! » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:51 am

I guess for anyone picking up the OCI:

I got there at 0820 (opens at 0830). I'd picked up my token and was leaving by 0915. It really isn't too bad a queue for picking up the finished product...

drpbalaji1960

Post by drpbalaji1960 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:34 pm

thanks very much for sharing the experience.

much appreciated

Shhameed
India

Is Cash accepted for giving OCI application

Post by Shhameed » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:13 pm

HI
Can any one tell me if Cash is accepted when giving OCI application at London consulate ?

Why is Marriage certificate required. If my wife names is already in there at my revoked Indian passport ??

FORUM MODERATOR : There seems to be some issue when I post the message is posted with year of 2011 !! ( This is posted on 28/08/2013)

regards
Shhameed

push

Re: Is Cash accepted for giving OCI application

Post by push » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:16 am

Shhameed wrote:HI
Can any one tell me if Cash is accepted when giving OCI application at London consulate ?

Why is Marriage certificate required. If my wife names is already in there at my revoked Indian passport ??

FORUM MODERATOR : There seems to be some issue when I post the message is posted with year of 2011 !! ( This is posted on 28/08/2013)

regards
Shhameed
the date of your post is clearly displayed as 28th Aug 2013. Not sure why you say i'ts 2011!

You can pay only by cash or PO while applying in person.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

prashpatel1
Newly Registered

Re: My experience at London HCI for OCI submission

Post by prashpatel1 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:53 am

@ kopper

whivh queue did u stood while making fresh OCI application at HCI london?

I mean left or right ?
kopper wrote:I thought I would share my experience with my OCI submission at London last Friday. It will help the people attending for the first time and are worried about the queues and wait times.

I arrived at the site around 6:30am and there was just the ONE queue to the left of the door with around 30 people. At approx 6:45, security came out and told everyone for OCI submission and Other passport services to make 2 queues on the right side of the entrance door. Unfortunately some of those who queued up first on the original queue ended up way back in the new queue.

By 7am the queue had got to about 100 and by 8am, 200+

At 8:30 they started calling in people from the Other passport services queue and they were given their token as they went past security. The OCI queue was called inside about 8:50 and they will want to see your completed applications at security so make sure they are visible before you enter. I was given token 428 (28th) for OCI.

After going past security, you will enter a large room downstairs with several counters and seating. By the time I got down it was almost filled by the earlier people but i managed to get a seat. Counters 6, 5 and 4 are for OCI so make sure you sit/stand near there. The unfortunate people for Passport services had only ONE counter (no. 8). Although the OCI counters should open at 9:30, they actually opened at 9:40.

There are monitors in the room which show the current token number that is being served but sometimes they are not updated quick enough and are small to read. Try and sit near the OCI counters if possible as the token numbers may be called quick.

BE WARNED. One of the OCI counters has a very harsh woman(wearing glasses at counter 5 I think) and she shouts at almost everyone. She appears to be very strict and rejected 2 people while I was there. Luckily I avoided her and the lady serving me was nicer and didnt ask me a single question.

On that day they opened a 4th OCI counter (number 1) and that reduced the wait times. I finished by 10:30. When I came out of the building there was hardly any queues on the OCI side but the queues on the right for OCI collection appeared long.

Hope that helps anyone.

tmistry
Newly Registered

Post by tmistry » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:00 am

hi

Our oci application is was completed online and is processed, which side que would you need to stand in to get your passport stamped with the OCI and also what time and how long does it take?

Do you need to return in the afternoon to collect your passport?

Thanks
Tayjal

bizzythekid
Newly Registered

Post by bizzythekid » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:29 am

I too was there from 6:30. within an hour the queue grew quite large.

i had a male, who was in counter 1. bit large, and dark dark skin. he was very nice. helpful in telling me what i had missing and processing time when reapplying ETC. he was good.

there are soo many people, some tried to be crafty and tried to cut in. specially counter 1, as this is used for everything [not only OCI].

i was out by 10:15.

everyone who submits and application needs a birth certificate, and a FULL one. your mother and fathers name on there. i made the mistake of taking the certificate which was issued in the UK when i was born. its not proof that your parents are yours [sounds silly]. full certificates can be applied at your birth council for £14. and made there an then. they have copies of the original certificate on file for you.

tusharagrawal

Post by tusharagrawal » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:45 am

Is it true that birth certificate for all applicants is required ?

I am preparing a family application and have UK birth certificate only for our son.

Do we need birth certificate for myself and my partner ?

I'd think that passport surrender certificate should be enough!

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:06 pm

tusharagrawal wrote:Is it true that birth certificate for all applicants is required ?

I am preparing a family application and have UK birth certificate only for our son.

Do we need birth certificate for myself and my partner ?

I'd think that passport surrender certificate should be enough!
No, for adult applications, a surrender certificate is all you need.

if you are unable to provide a passport/surrender certificate, then there are additional documents including birth certificate etc.

tusharagrawal

Post by tusharagrawal » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:17 pm

thanks for the clarification.
I was going to delay the application as our birth certificates are in India.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:25 pm

check this thread - hot off the press
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=150774

tusharagrawal

Post by tusharagrawal » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:31 pm

Ta!

Errr, why do people get there so early.

coolmate
Newly Registered

Post by coolmate » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:43 pm

There is a third queue which is on the left side - if you are facing the entrance door for OCI collection. You ideally don't need to come as early as 0600hrs as that queue is a bit shorter. on the plus side - there is a cloth shed to protect you from the weather. you submit your passport and come in the evening to collect.

hope that helps.

[quote="tmistry"]hi

Our oci application is was completed online and is processed, which side que would you need to stand in to get your passport stamped with the OCI and also what time and how long does it take?

Do you need to return in the afternoon to collect your passport?

Thanks
Tayjal[/quote]