ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:50 pm

Chill out and relax. You have only just applied. Wait till they write to you.

Aya00720
Newly Registered

Post by Aya00720 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:53 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:Chill out and relax. You have only just applied. Wait till they write to you.
I should shouldn't i? It's just scary knowing that I couldn't refund my money back if I was denied. Is it normally that case or do they take the full amount including ceremony fee?

Thanks

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:56 pm

If they refuse your application, then you do not get money back, simple.

They charge fees for considering your application, not for a guaranteed positive outcome. :(

Aya00720
Newly Registered

Post by Aya00720 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:58 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:If they refuse your application, then you do not get money back, simple.

They charge fees for considering your application, not for a guaranteed positive outcome. :(
:(
I can't think of any reason why would they deny my application though. Oh well I guess I just have to wait. Thanks anyway. :)

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:21 pm

That is what I said intitally. Just take a chill pill and relax. You know they do not have a reason to refuse, so be assured that your approval will come through in due course.

nomibhai
Newly Registered

Application for naturalization but money not debited?

Post by nomibhai » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:12 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:That is what I said intitally. Just take a chill pill and relax. You know they do not have a reason to refuse, so be assured that your approval will come through in due course.
Hello

I applied o 14th October 2013 via post special delivery RoyalMAil. I can see via receipt confirmation that application was received by HO but no money debited from my account as of today 1st Nov. Any ideas why? just a backlog delay or something that i need to do? Please advise.

Derivaz

Re: Hi! Naturalisation fee was deducted but....

Post by Derivaz » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:36 am

Aya00720 wrote:Hi there,
I applied for british citizenship on the 10nth of this month through post. Earlier today I noticed that they have deducted the naturalisation fee not including ceremony fee. I haven't received any mail from them stating if I am denied or not but Does that mean I was denied or do they just only take the naturalisation fee first then the ceremony fee?

Thanks.
there is no naturalisation and ceremony fees; there is only one £874, if it hasn't changed lately, which includes both.

You haven't been either refused or approved yet; you'll get a letter with the outcome of the application within 6 months

Derivaz

Re: Application for naturalization but money not debited?

Post by Derivaz » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:38 am

nomibhai wrote:
Ayyubi72 wrote:That is what I said intitally. Just take a chill pill and relax. You know they do not have a reason to refuse, so be assured that your approval will come through in due course.
Hello

I applied o 14th October 2013 via post special delivery RoyalMAil. I can see via receipt confirmation that application was received by HO but no money debited from my account as of today 1st Nov. Any ideas why? just a backlog delay or something that i need to do? Please advise.
Check with the bank if they have tried to debit your account and there was a problem

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:17 pm

nomibhai wrote:
Hello

Well, just browse the forum and you will know.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:08 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:
nomibhai wrote:
Hello

but don't they debit almost right away? the cases i know were debited sooner than this OP; if i were him, I'd contact the bank to check if the HO has tried to debit the account and there was an issue; if not, I'd email the HO and ask to check if there is any issue; although, not sure they actually check, but it doesn't harm to email

nomibhai
Newly Registered

Post by nomibhai » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:03 am

Derivaz wrote:
Ayyubi72 wrote:
nomibhai wrote:
Hello

but don't they debit almost right away? the cases i know were debited sooner than this OP; if i were him, I'd contact the bank to check if the HO has tried to debit the account and there was an issue; if not, I'd email the HO and ask to check if there is any issue; although, not sure they actually check, but it doesn't harm to email
I called the bank and they said no attempt has been made and nothing was declined. Looking at the HO website, they do state during busy times, it can take upto 4 weeks to get acknowledgement so i guess wait for another 2 weeks or so..Maybe more ppl applied prior to 28th Oct to avoid any issues in relation to new rules.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:06 am

nomibhai wrote:
Derivaz wrote:
Ayyubi72 wrote:
nomibhai wrote:
Hello

I called the bank and they said no attempt has been made and nothing was declined. Looking at the HO website, they do state during busy times, it can take upto 4 weeks to get acknowledgement so i guess wait for another 2 weeks or so..Maybe more ppl applied prior to 28th Oct to avoid any issues in relation to new rules.
Alright, strange the; the NCS told me back in July, to wait 2 weeks before starting worrying about not being debited, but it could be busier now, due to the new rules; I guess waiting 2 extra weeks won't make a big difference. They did receive it right?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:27 pm

sjkumar wrote:I submitted my application on 14th Oct at birmingham NCS office still havent heard anything from UKBA and neither my amount is deducted.

Do any one have had the same sort of issues.Neither I have been contacted by anyone from the UKBA.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:28 pm

It's likely due to the new B1 requirement being introduced and an expected 'rush'. If they've received the application (I assume you've tracked this) then just be patient, if there is a problem with payment details, they will contact you.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:03 pm

D4109125 wrote:It's likely due to the new B1 requirement being introduced and an expected 'rush'. If they've received the application (I assume you've tracked this) then just be patient, if there is a problem with payment details, they will contact you.
They probably got loads of applications before the 28th of Oct, so I think it's going to be slower for a while

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:00 pm

Queries77 wrote:Dear All,

I am please to confirm that I have received the approval letter today and below is the timeline, my query is that Letter said contact Waltham Forest, I phoned them and they advised that Waltham Forest will send a separate letter of invitation for Ceremony, can anyone please advise and share their experience.

Eligibility: HSMP+Teir1 + ILR (one year)
Nationality: Asian
Method of application: NCS Lambeth
Date of application: 27 August 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 28 August 2013
Date of acknowledgement : 9th September
Date of debit of fees: 10 th September 2013
Date of approval: 6th November (dated 28th Oct 2013)
Date of Ceremony:

luk1c

Post by luk1c » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:03 pm

Hi, I have the same story. I received approval letter from HO and next day received invitation letter for ceremony from register office. I think some register offices booking self the ceremony. My letter also say if you able to attend ceremony you do not need contact register office. So you need wait few days.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:52 pm

luk1c wrote:Hi, I have the same story. I received approval letter from HO and next day received invitation letter for ceremony from register office. I think some register offices booking self the ceremony. My letter also say if you able to attend ceremony you do not need contact register office. So you need wait few days.
Better, so you dont have to call them to book it

luk1c

Post by luk1c » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:01 pm

Derivaz wrote:
luk1c wrote:Hi, I have the same story. I received approval letter from HO and next day received invitation letter for ceremony from register office. I think some register offices booking self the ceremony. My letter also say if you able to attend ceremony you do not need contact register office. So you need wait few days.
Better, so you dont have to call them to book it
I have aswell atachment slip and prepay envelop to confirm my date and time ceremony and provide phone ana email adress. They say if I able to attend I dont need contact. So I just send back confirmation slip!

luk1c

Post by luk1c » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:21 pm

I found this on my register office website.

"If you have applied for British Citizenship and have had your application approved you will receive a letter of approval from the Home Office.
You will receive an invitation letter to your home address with a date and time to attend a group citizenship ceremony within 5 days of receiving approval from the Home Office. There is no need to contact the Registration Service. You will be allocated to a group ceremony at the earliest available date. However, you may wish to consider a private citizenship ceremony, the telephone number to call to arrange a private ceremony will be detailed within your letter. Once you have received approval from the Home Office please allow 5 days for the invitation letter to arrive from County Council.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:24 am

luk1c wrote:I found this on my register office website.

"If you have applied for British Citizenship and have had your application approved you will receive a letter of approval from the Home Office.
You will receive an invitation letter to your home address with a date and time to attend a group citizenship ceremony within 5 days of receiving approval from the Home Office. There is no need to contact the Registration Service. You will be allocated to a group ceremony at the earliest available date. However, you may wish to consider a private citizenship ceremony, the telephone number to call to arrange a private ceremony will be detailed within your letter. Once you have received approval from the Home Office please allow 5 days for the invitation letter to arrive from County Council.
sounds fine; that council does things different from mine

sahana6
Newly Registered

English language requirement

Post by sahana6 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:31 pm

Hi,
I have my NCS appointment for Naturalisation on 20th Nov 2013, I read the statement of intent, and arranged all necessary documents for naturlisation application to meet english language requirement
1- UKBA statement of comparaibility stating my Bachelor degree is equivalent to UK standards Bachelor Degree
2 - Got a letter from college on official letterhead that medium is English
3 - My original BE cerificate stating Medium as English.

Now i checked the application form and it states that UK NARIC should also confirm that medium is English. This means a English Language Assessment statement again, an additional expense.

But my problem is time, I dont have time to get the NARIC ELA statement now, can someone pls tell me if I can go to NCS with the documents I have? Will they accept my application? I have already paid UK NARIC for the ELA statement but I may not receive it in time. I cannot move my NCS date, due to the requirement of physical presence in UK.

Tried calling NCS but they said they dont advise on documentation.
The KOLL statement of intent still on UKBA says - Those with an academic qualification (not a professional or vocational qualification) who
provide appropriate evidence that the qualification was taught or researched in English are considered automatically to meet the English language component of the KoLL requirement

Appreciate your pointers.

Thanks.

Derivaz

Re: English language requirement

Post by Derivaz » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:20 pm

sahana6 wrote:Hi,
I have my NCS appointment for Naturalisation on 20th Nov 2013, I read the statement of intent, and arranged all necessary documents for naturlisation application to meet english language requirement
1- UKBA statement of comparaibility stating my Bachelor degree is equivalent to UK standards Bachelor Degree

Now i checked the application form and it states that UK NARIC should also confirm that medium is English. This means a English Language Assessment statement again, an additional expense.

But my problem is time, I dont have time to get the NARIC ELA statement now, can someone pls tell me if I can go to NCS with the documents I have? Will they accept my application? I have already paid UK NARIC for the ELA statement but I may not receive it in time. I cannot move my NCS date, due to the requirement of physical presence in UK.

The KOLL statement of intent still on UKBA says - Those with an academic qualification (not a professional or vocational qualification) who
provide appropriate evidence that the qualification was taught or researched in English are considered automatically to meet the English language component of the KoLL requirement

Thanks.
I'd call them and ask

dadageer
Mood:

Re: English language requirement

Post by dadageer » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:50 pm

sahana6 wrote:Hi,

Thanks.
Hi, I was in similar situation few months back where my foreign BE degree was certified by NARIC as equivalent to British bachelors degree. Medium of instructions of my degree was English and I had an official letterhead from University confirming medium of instructions is English. But, sadly, this is not enough to meet UKBA new requirement of B1 level English. You must get a NARIC certificate for "English Language assessment" which unfortunately only grades to C1. Not above, not below. I sent all my documents to them and they rejected saying this degree is not at level C1 which was quite ridiculous but I had no choice then to go for an ESOL exam. I then appeared for FCE exam and passed it at level C1.

As per your situation, it's highly likely that home office will not accept your NARIC UK degree comparability and letters of English medium from your Uni. until you get a NARIC certificate which certifies your degree at level C1.
Not all those who wander are lost...

MwanaKay

Acknowledgement Letter Not Stating All Enclosed Documents

Post by MwanaKay » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:41 pm

Guys please help, bit concerned, received acknowledgement Letter today, there is no mention of my Life In The UK certificate, but the other documents are mentioned/listed.

Should I worry that they haven't got it??????!?
Thank God for I have a British Passport!!!.
God conquered Everest (BC) for me, and now has presented me with a Britih Passport.
Hallelujah!!!