ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

rejected application(EU1) for my wife

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nch10011
Newly Registered

rejected application(EU1) for my wife

Post by nch10011 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:19 pm

Hi
For 7 months ago my Russian wife and I got married in Denmark. I am a Danish citizen. I lived in Ireland before we got married. And before that I lived in Russia with her. The thing is that my wife never lived in Denmark.

So we got a letter stating that under EU law, we have to present proof that we had legal residense in another EU state, to apply for EU treaty rights.

This is pretty odd. I was of the belief that I could just bring her, since we are married. Does anyone have any suggestions?

We waited 7 months to get that reply.

John

Post by John » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:27 pm

In a nutshell the Irish Government has a most unusual interpretation of EU law. This interpretation is currently being tested in the Irish Courts, because you are not alone in being affected by this.

I think there is a Court hearing on this later this month. Have a wade through this topic.
John

Static

Post by Static » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:11 pm

Loads of us in the same boat. If you read through most of these topics here you'll see. :( So.. sorry to hear about you also being in the same predicament .... but at least you know you're not alone in this.