ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

October 2013 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mishraam
Newly Registered

Post by mishraam » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:37 am

Eligibility Criteria : MN1 section 1(3)
Method of application : Postal
Date of application: 28/09/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 01/10/2013
Date of fees debited: 10/10/2013
Date of acknowledgement: 15/10/2013
Date of Approval: 12/11/2013
Receive on :14/11/2013

nicenouman
Newly Registered

Post by nicenouman » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:51 am

Eligibility Criteria : AN
Method of application : NCS Dudley
Date of application: 03/10/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 04/10/2013
Date of fees debited: 16/10/2013
Date of acknowledgement: 22/10/2013 (dated 16/10)
Date of Approval:
Receive on :

krishLVR

Post by krishLVR » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:02 am

Response from UKBA

Dear Krish,

Thank you for your email.

I have checked our records and can confirm the decision has been made on this application, the decision letter and any supporting documents should be with you shortly.

If you do not receive the decision within the next two weeks please contact us again.

I am unable to disclose the decision.

Kind regards,

Nationality Helpdesk

Home Office | Temporary Migration | UK Visas and Immigration | Customer Contact Centre | Sheffield | S3 8NS |

MwanaKay

Post by MwanaKay » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:15 am

krishLVR wrote:Response from UKBA

Dear Krish,

I have checked our records and can confirm the decision has been made on this application, the decision letter and any supporting documents should be with you shortly.

If you do not receive the decision within the next two weeks please contact us again.

I am unable to disclose the decision.

Kind regards,

Nationality Helpdesk

Home Office | Temporary Migration | UK Visas and Immigration | Customer Contact Centre | Sheffield | S3 8NS |

krishLVR

Wow, you are there my man, hopefully we all get there soon. Please keep us informed and remind us of your timeline again so we can make sense of all of it and see how we can compare it to ours

krishLVR

Post by krishLVR » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:26 am

Eligibility criteria : WP 2 YEARS + 3 years Tier 1 General + 1 Year ILR (Joint +MN1)

Submitted using the Dec'12 form. Had provided for verification - Old & New passports, Biometric card, License & paper counterpart,SA 302

Method of application : NCS HAMMERSMITH

Date of application to NCS: 07th Oct 2013

Date of receipt by UKBA : 08th Oct 2013 (Tracked Using the royal mail tracking number given by NCS HAMMERSMITH).

Date of debit of fee : 22-Oct-2013

Date acknowledged : 25-Oct-2013 (Dated 22-Oct-2013)

Mail Confirmation Regarding Decision : 15-Nov-2013 (No idea about the decision)

Date of approval : (letter dated ) 09-Nov-2013

Date of arrival of Approved letter / Council letter : 15-Nov-2013

Date of Ceremony :
Last edited by krishLVR on Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

zubair_hr

Post by zubair_hr » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:31 am

polandcalling1 wrote:Feliteodor
I am happy for you that at long last they have taken the £874 from your account. My wife sent her AN form and MN1 form for our child on October 21st and so far money has not been debited nor acknowledgement letter has been received so I guess we just have to wait but it sucks!
Any update on 21st October application? Has your money been taken out?

deep31
Newly Registered

Approval of Application  

Post by deep31 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:34 pm

Posts: 17Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Approval of Application  

Hello, 

Eligibility criteria: HSMP+TIER1+ILR 
Method of application: NCS EALING 
Date of application: 10.10.2013 
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11.10.2013 
Date of acknowledgement : 04.11.2013 
Date of debit of fees: 31.10.2013 
Date of approval:11.11.2013 letter received on: 15.11.2013 
Date of Ceremony:TBC

Deep

KMothPur

Post by KMothPur » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:06 pm

KMothPur wrote:
KMothPur wrote:Eligibility criteria: ILR+1 year
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 07-10-2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 08-10-2013
Date of acknowledgement : 24-10-2013
Date of debit of fees: 23-10-2013
Date of approval: :roll:
Date of Ceremony: :roll:

Is anybody applied on or near to 7th Oct got approval? :wink:
Called HO with NFEE number. Advised that decision has been taken and letter has been sent out and will get it in next week. Let us see.....
Good news!!!. I just got our approval letter from HO!!

Date of approval: Letter received 15-11-2013 (Dated 07-10-2013)
Date of Ceremony: :)

mevinsh
Newly Registered

still awaiting acknowledgment from UKBA

Post by mevinsh » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:22 pm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eligibility criteria: 5yr WP + 1yr ILR
Nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS (Hamilton - Scotland)
Date of Application with NCS: 18-Oct-2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 22-Oct-2013
Date of debit of fees: Awaiting
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Awaiting
Date of receipt of approval: Awaiting
Date of Ceremony: Awaiting

My application was sent last month, but neither have I received any acknowledgment from UKBA nor have they debited the fees. Should i email UKBA or is still ok considering the number of applications they have received (so i heard!)
Please can someone advise

MwanaKay

Post by MwanaKay » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:37 pm

zubair_hr wrote:
I am happy for you that at long last they have taken the £874 from your account. My wife sent her AN form and MN1 form for our child on October 21st and so far money has not been debited nor acknowledgement letter has been received so I guess we just have to wait but it sucks!

zubair_hr

I applied 21/10/13 as well, I emailed HO today, see their reply below:

Dear XXXXX

Due to high volumes of applications, there is a delay in processing applications, and taking payments.

You should receive an acknowledgment letter between 4-6 weeks after we received your application. During busy periods this may even take 7 weeks. If you have not received such a letter, please contact us for a duplicate acknowledgment letter.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:13 pm

deep31 wrote:Hello,

Eligibility criteria: HSMP+TIER1+ILR
Method of application: NCS EALING
Date of application: 10.10.2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11.10.2013
Date of acknowledgement : 04.11.2013
Date of debit of fees: 31.10.2013
Date of approval:11.11.2013 letter received on: 15.11.2013
Date of Ceremony:TBC
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

HSMPLOCHA

Re: still awaiting acknowledgment from UKBA

Post by HSMPLOCHA » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:28 pm

[quote="mevinsh"]-------------------------------------------------------------------------

My application was sent last month, but neither have I received any acknowledgment from UKBA nor have they debited the fees. Should i email UKBA or is still ok considering the number of applications they have received (so i heard!)
Please can someone advise[/quote]

Your batch from the week you applied is probably next in queue.. have a look at the timelines... you havent completed 4 weeks. wait next week and see wht happens..

micbhx03
Newly Registered

October timeline :Naturalisation application

Post by micbhx03 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:35 pm

Eligibility criteria: 3yr married to BC
Method of application: NCS (Westminster)
Date of Application with NCS: 10-Oct-2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11-Oct-2013
Date of debit of fees: 30-Oct-2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 5th-Nov-2013 (letter dated 30-oct2013)
Date of receipt of approval: Received 15th Nov 2013 (dated 11 Nov 2013)

please note I receive the letter (invitation)with council name on it. It my husband case he first received approval letter then invitation letter from council.
I also mention here that I had my marriage certificate laminated which I had little doubt whether HO will accept it or not. So I rang almost all councils in London including UKBA to clarify the matter and their responses were as below:

Home office: they replied by email that laminated marriage certificate is not acceptable.
NCS Harrow: were accepting without any doubt.
NCS Hammersmith: were accepting !
NCS Wandsworth: they replied that UK based is not acceptable but international one is acceptable . Lady I emailed were very much helpful.

All majority of other council didn't know and just replied that I should ask directly to HO as as NCS theta are just acting as an agent and don't have knowledge of this. I was surprised to see their responses as no one was bothered to give the correct answer which I thought all NCS should know.

anyway finally I approached to Westminster NCS and very helpful lady replied me in 1hour that she rang to HO and find out that they (NCS) need to do couple of checks while processing the application which was they ring to dedicated line for NCS and give the applicant details and then HO authenticate as in my case HO had our marriage certificate copy at the time of dependent visa!! Further as due to change of 28 Oct rules I was not getting any appointments with NCS , she made an extra effort and given me next day appointment (10-October-2013). I reached in time, she proceeds my application then she went to different room saying she is going to contact home office and will get authentication of laminated certificates. After 15 mins she came and explained that my application is processed. HO has validated the certificate . Also she written on cover letter that she spoken to ....... In home office on 10/10/2013 with his/her Id details.
So just to sum up laminated documents are acceptable as long as these are previously provided to Home office or those are international.

Special thanks to the lady @ Westminster NCS for helping me out and giving me an appointment out of the way!!

Good luck to all who still waiting for the application!! I am sure you will all receive the approval letters with in a month (appx) from the date of application!!

CB

MwanaKay

Re: October timeline :Naturalisation application

Post by MwanaKay » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:44 pm

micbhx03 wrote:Eligibility criteria: 3yr married to BC

please note I receive the letter (invitation)with council name on it. It my husband case he first received approval letter then invitation letter from council.
I also mention here that I had my marriage certificate laminated which I had little doubt whether HO will accept it or not. So I rang almost all councils in London including UKBA to clarify the matter and their responses were as below:

Home office: they replied by email that laminated marriage certificate is not acceptable.
NCS Wandsworth: they replied that UK based is not acceptable but international one is acceptable . Lady I emailed were very much helpful.

All majority of other council didn't know and just replied that I should ask directly to HO as as NCS theta are just acting as an agent and don't have knowledge of this. I was surprised to see their responses as no one was bothered to give the correct answer which I thought all NCS should know.

anyway finally I approached to Westminster NCS and very helpful lady replied me in 1hour that she rang to HO and find out that they (NCS) need to do couple of checks while processing the application which was they ring to dedicated line for NCS and give the applicant details and then HO authenticate as in my case HO had our marriage certificate copy at the time of dependent visa!! Further as due to change of 28 Oct rules I was not getting any appointments with NCS , she made an extra effort and given me next day appointment (10-October-2013). I reached in time, she proceeds my application then she went to different room saying she is going to contact home office and will get authentication of laminated certificates. After 15 mins she came and explained that my application is processed. HO has validated the certificate . Also she written on cover letter that she spoken to ....... In home office on 10/10/2013 with his/her Id details.
So just to sum up laminated documents are acceptable as long as these are previously provided to Home office or those are international.

Special thanks to the lady @ Westminster NCS for helping me out and giving me an appointment out of the way!!

Good luck to all who still waiting for the application!! I am sure you will all receive the approval letters with in a month (appx) from the date of application!!

CB

micbhx03

Many thanks for sharing this info, enjoy the next step

KMothPur

Post by KMothPur » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:52 pm

KMothPur wrote:
KMothPur wrote:
KMothPur wrote:Eligibility criteria: ILR+1 year
Date of approval: :roll:
Date of Ceremony: :roll:

Is anybody applied on or near to 7th Oct got approval? :wink:
Called HO with NFEE number. Advised that decision has been taken and letter has been sent out and will get it in next week. Let us see.....
Good news!!!. I just got our approval letter from HO!!

Date of approval: Letter received 15-11-2013 (Dated 07-10-2013)
Date of Ceremony: :)
Sorry Dated as 07-11-2013....

Good luck to the rest who are waiting for. Hope everyone will get soon......

KMothPur

Re: still awaiting acknowledgment from UKBA

Post by KMothPur » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:59 pm

mevinsh wrote:-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please can someone advise
mevinsh,

Based on current timeline trend, you will get the acknowledgement in next week. Did you check through Royal Mail Track? Probably you might have...

After the acknowledgement received, another two weeks (??), you may get it.....

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:07 pm

MwanaKay wrote:

CB

micbhx03

Many thanks for sharing this info, enjoy the next step
Congrats - It seems HO is turning around some October applications quicker than anticipated. 1mth SLA with the influx is really good.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

forbc123

Post by forbc123 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:07 pm

CB
Congratulations - I got my approval on 3rd (it was Diwali)...I applied using NCS Westminster too...yes the staff in NCS Westminster scan through application for 1 hour atleast to make sure every thing is neat and tidy :)..my fee got debited on 23rd....

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:00 pm

I think decision on applications are a mixed bag. Some decisions are strictly following date order after fees debit, and some are just totally random.

My friend's fees was debited on 21st October and decision has not come through yet. Some who had their fees debited 1st week of October are still waiting.

On the other hand, some who got their fees debited 5-6th november have already got their approvals.

!!!kartik!!!
Newly Registered

Naturalisation application time line

Post by !!!kartik!!! » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:17 pm

AN joint application
Eligibility criteria: HSMP(JR) 3 years + Tier-1 2 years + ILR (1 year)
Method of application: Post (first class recorded)
Date of application: 10/10/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11/10/2013
Date of debit of fees: 31/10/2013
Date of acknowledgement : 05/11/2013
Date of approval: 12/11/2013
Date of receipt of approval letter: 15/11/2013
Date of Ceremony: 30/11/2013

:D
They kept my expensive file binder :evil: (never mind)and original life in the uk certificate :(

All credit to this fantastic Forum :idea:. My heartly thanks to forum & admin . I have been silent visitor throughout my journey. Wish all others best for their application outcome. if anyone need any help pls pm me.
Last edited by !!!kartik!!! on Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.

ap007

Post by ap007 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:29 pm

UPDATE: Friday, 15th NOV 2013

Application for: Self only
Eligibility criteria: 2 Years WP + 3 Years Tier 2 + 1 Year ILR
Method of application: NCS Oxfordshire
Date of application: 16.10.2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 17.10.2013 (Tracked via DX Secure)
Date of acknowledgement : 15.11.2013 (Dated 12.11.2013)
Date of debit of fees: 12.11.2013
Date of approval: Not Yet
Date of Ceremony:Not Yet

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:43 pm

wenner wrote:Date of application: 9/10/13
Method: Postal
Arrived: 10/10/13
Date of acknowledgement: 5/11/2013
Fees deducted: 30/10/13
Date of Approval: waiting
Date of Ceremony: waiting
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

imthiyaz
Newly Registered

Post by imthiyaz » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:54 pm

AN+MN1 application
Eligibility criteria: WP 3 years + Tier-1 2 years + ILR (1 year)
Method of application: NCS Hounslow
Date of application: 09/10/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 10/10/2013
Date of debit of fees: 28/10/2013
Date of acknowledgement : 30/11/2013
Date of approval: 08/11/2013
Date of receipt of approval letter: 15/11/2013
Date of Ceremony: waiting

zubair_hr

Post by zubair_hr » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:32 pm

MwanaKay wrote:
zubair_hr wrote:

zubair_hr

I applied 21/10/13 as well, I emailed HO today, see their reply below:

Dear XXXXX

Due to high volumes of applications, there is a delay in processing applications, and taking payments.

You should receive an acknowledgment letter between 4-6 weeks after we received your application. During busy periods this may even take 7 weeks. If you have not received such a letter, please contact us for a duplicate acknowledgment letter.
Hi

Thanks for the update, please keep posted and good luck.

Zubair

wf1030
Newly Registered

Post by wf1030 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:52 am

AN+MN1 application
Eligibility criteria: Legacy + 2 years ILR
Method of application: Self
Date of application: 11/10/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 14/10/2013
Date of debit of fees: 06/11/2013
Date of receipt acknowledgement : 8/11/2013 (dated 04/11/2013)
Date of approval: 15/11/2013 (dated 13/11/2013)
Date of Ceremony: TBC