ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax issue

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

neo2550
Newly Registered

Tax issue

Post by neo2550 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:31 am

Hi my ilr is due in aug 2014 but got one issue that is after got my extension as tier 1 general my accountant ammend the net profit of my business by stating that he did a clerical error by putting income higher .he ammend it to hmrc to reduce tax cuz i wasnt able to pay huge sum but now I want to clear that issue and want to pay the full tax for 2011 to 2012 so can I reopen my tax return and pay tax not declared 2011-2012 although my balance with hmrc is cleared .Can I brought forward that error to current year.
Does HO checks all previous tax paid.

I still have 9 months so dont want any issue with ilr.expert advice needed plz dont scare me if u do not know. Cheers.

sshah20
Pakistan

Post by sshah20 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:40 pm

it was not an error. simple is that you did not want to pay your self employment taxes for which you have claimed points in your previous extension. which mean all your self employment were just a drama to claim points. I personally know many people who did the same thing.

Now lets come to point. pay all your taxes in full. HO will definitely check your record with HMRC.

dont mind it but fact is fact.

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:12 pm

@sshah20 hehehheh you so funny why you are revealing facts here 80% people did same thing and @neo2550 dont worry friend you can amend you tax return up to 5 years

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:38 pm

I doubt that so many have done that and it worked.
No doubt one can revise return but it is costly and un-safe.