ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dilkpdp
Newly Registered

Re: My Status

Post by dilkpdp » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:11 am

Hi, Thanks for good hope :D

But still showing processed 9th nov and no further update.

anyone who had OCI processed on 9th nov can see further status update

deyga wrote:In my case , the backdated 'despatch date' from and current date of 'received in London' was updated on the same day on the website.

So tomorrow morning you may see that it received in London with a despatch date of 8th Nov .

Best of luck.

dilkpdp
Newly Registered

Post by dilkpdp » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:13 am

Do update if you can see any other status update.... all the best
rambharose wrote:I am also into the same situation, status updated as PROCESSED on 9th but no update afterwards. I am ready with my Tourist visa to fly to India as I cannot trust Indian missions but when I applied for my Tourist visa I took new photos which looks exactly the same I submitted with OCI application and I got my Tourist visa. So I am hoping as deyga said OCI status will update with backdated date.

bizzythekid
Newly Registered

Post by bizzythekid » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:45 am

Update:

Posted 3 applications. 1st in person [Misc name change and new passport]. Other 2 by post [fresh application, both parents have OCI, UK born]

1st status:

Submission: in Person-London
Date of submission - 10-Oct-2013
Acknowledgement - 10-Oct-2013
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On - 16-NOV-2013
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On -
Document received At LONDON On -

2nd/3rd status:

Submission: Postal -London
Date of submission - 11-Oct-2013
Date of postal receipt - 12-Oct-2013
Acknowledgement - 04-Nov-2013

dilkpdp
Newly Registered

Post by dilkpdp » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:19 am

Hi bizzythekid,

Information is true that they are getting too many application for OCI from all over the world, and thats causing delay from now 6 weeks to about 9-10 weeks. But you never know sometime Indian authority gives surprises... for you best is to wait until mid dec and then take decision to apply visa or not.
bizzythekid wrote: has me a little worried as i do not want to spend more on getting a VISA. [i've contacted all email addresses, no replies so far] and knowing that OCI will be ready any time in December.

All help is appreciated.

ohell
Newly Registered

Post by ohell » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:01 pm

Mine is still stuck...
no updates from any of the other '9th November unfortunates', so I assume we are all in the same boat?
dilkpdp wrote:Do update if you can see any other status update.... all the best
rambharose wrote:I am also into the same situation, status updated as PROCESSED on 9th but no update afterwards. I am ready with my Tourist visa to fly to India as I cannot trust Indian missions but when I applied for my Tourist visa I took new photos which looks exactly the same I submitted with OCI application and I got my Tourist visa. So I am hoping as deyga said OCI status will update with backdated date.

dilkpdp
Newly Registered

Post by dilkpdp » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:59 pm

Ohhell

That's true no update and seems on same boat

ohell wrote:Mine is still stuck...
no updates from any of the other '9th November unfortunates', so I assume we are all in the same boat

shanshan9
Newly Registered

Documents Printing Status - UNDER-PROCESS

Post by shanshan9 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:17 pm

Submitted in London (in Person)
Date Of Acknowledgment 23-OCT-2013
Registration Status at Mission LONDON
Documents Printing Status UNDER-PROCESS

rambharose
Newly Registered

Post by rambharose » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:44 pm

:( Unfortunately no update yet ..
dilkpdp wrote:Ohhell

That's true no update and seems on same boat

ohell wrote:Mine is still stuck...
no updates from any of the other '9th November unfortunates', so I assume we are all in the same boat

BRP
Newly Registered

Updates

Post by BRP » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:43 am

Date of Application (in person at HCI London): 18-OCT-2013
Date Of Acknowledgment: 18-OCT-2013
Documents Printing Status : Processed on 19-NOV-2013
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI) NEW DELHI:
Document received At LONDON:

dilkpdp
Newly Registered

Post by dilkpdp » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:34 am

I have applied visa today and can see that document dispatch today from delhi
:lol: :oops:
rambharose wrote::( Unfortunately no update yet ..

bizzythekid
Newly Registered

Post by bizzythekid » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:48 am

dilkpdp wrote:I have applied visa today and can see that document dispatch today from delhi
good thing you got your visa. OCI wouldnt arrive in UK on time anyway.

hunky-dory
Newly Registered

OCI timeline and query

Post by hunky-dory » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:58 am

My time line
OCI application: 23 Sep 2013(POstal application to HCI London)
Application received: 25 Sep 2013 (Tracking)
Application Acknowledgement:18 Oct 2013
Documents returned : 18 Oct 2013
Application procesed: 19 Nov 2013
Sent from MOIA: 27 nov 2013
Received at London: 29 Nov 2013

I am now planning to collect it by person on 11 dec 2013. Whats the best time to reach HCI London. I am taking my daughters birth certificate to take hers also. Is that sufficient???
Please help
Last edited by hunky-dory on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dilkpdp
Newly Registered

Post by dilkpdp » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:01 pm

bizzythekid, how many days it take to arrive in uk... generally its next day guy on OCI help line was telling me
bizzythekid wrote:good thing you got your visa. OCI wouldnt arrive in UK on time anyway.

ohell
Newly Registered

Post by ohell » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:10 pm

Congratulations! Mine too.

Funnily enough, I had sent an email yesterday, and got this reply:
Sir

Documents may be dispatched from Delhi by the end of this week.

Regards

OCI Unit Delhi
dilkpdp wrote:I have applied visa today and can see that document dispatch today from delhi

bizzythekid
Newly Registered

Post by bizzythekid » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:13 pm

dilkpdp wrote:bizzythekid, how many days it take to arrive in uk... generally its next day guy on OCI help line was telling me
bizzythekid wrote:good thing you got your visa. OCI wouldnt arrive in UK on time anyway.
yeah generally next day. most of the time its next day. but you dont want to risk it on next day delivery.

does anyone know if an application can be rejected in Delhi if on the application the person living in india is named incorrectly? a friend as submitted an application and was acknowledged yesterday, but he has put the wrong first name for his grandmother. but correct surname.

mmullan1
Newly Registered

OCI Advise

Post by mmullan1 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:52 pm

My wife is British and hold an OCI card for the past 6 years. we recently got married and she changed her surname on her UK Passport. she applied to change her surname on her OCI card using the OCI Misc Services application and the application was processed from Delhi on 14/11/2013 but not dispatched yet. we need to go to India on the 22nd November.

Currently, the surname on her passport (married name) is different from the surname on her OCI card (maiden name). Is there any way she can travel to India on her current OCI card and show our marriage certificate & old passport to prove that she is the same person? Or will they not allow her to enter India if the surname on my passport is different from the surname on her OCI card?

Does anyone have experience with this problem?

Thank you!

desmortess

Re: OCI Advise

Post by desmortess » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:12 pm

mmullan1 wrote:My wife is British and hold an OCI card for the past 6 years. we recently got married and she changed her surname on her UK Passport. she applied to change her surname on her OCI card using the OCI Misc Services application and the application was processed from Delhi on 14/11/2013 but not dispatched yet. we need to go to India on the 22nd November.

Currently, the surname on her passport (married name) is different from the surname on her OCI card (maiden name). Is there any way she can travel to India on her current OCI card and show our marriage certificate & old passport to prove that she is the same person? Or will they not allow her to enter India if the surname on my passport is different from the surname on her OCI card?

Does anyone have experience with this problem?

Thank you!
Hi Mullan

My wife is going through the same status like yourselves. The problem with us is they have us all the documents back including old OCI, old passport & new passport using self addressed envelope we attached with no explanation whether its rejected or accepted.

I emailed them however, they saying its under process. I don't understand why they have sent us all the document back if its under process? Do they sent your wife document back too or how does it work mullan? Can you help me out?

Thank

rambharose
Newly Registered

Post by rambharose » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:56 pm

Congratulations guys... Mine updated too :)
ohell wrote:Congratulations! Mine too.

Funnily enough, I had sent an email yesterday, and got this reply:
Sir

Documents may be dispatched from Delhi by the end of this week.

Regards

OCI Unit Delhi

zaincam
Newly Registered

Post by zaincam » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:26 pm

hi all,
i applied for oci in person on 10th october 2013 at hci london. On the website it says processing time is 6 weeks but my application is still under process and its been over 6 weeks. As you all know its next to impossible to get hold of sum1 at hci london through email or phone. Dnt know wht shld i do as i need to go India in couple of weeks. :(

bizzythekid
Newly Registered

Post by bizzythekid » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:49 pm

zaincam wrote:hi all,
i applied for oci in person on 10th october 2013 at hci london. On the website it says processing time is 6 weeks but my application is still under process and its been over 6 weeks. As you all know its next to impossible to get hold of sum1 at hci london through email or phone. Dnt know wht shld i do as i need to go India in couple of weeks. :(
submitted one of my applications in Oct 10th. and it started printing Nov 16th. thats 5 weeks. HCI have advised me that lead times will be longer then normal as they are getting their highest level of submissions ever.

yours should be printing any moment. but if your OCI is not here by 10 working days before you fly out, apply for VISA. as its risky waiting for OCI and not getting a VISA.

rivercam

Post by rivercam » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:05 pm

bizzythekid
After it got processed on 16th november for yours, any update on dispatch etc?
mine is processed today, i need to travel on 5th december, what do you sugest? shall i go ahead and apply for visa?
thanks

dilkpdp
Newly Registered

Post by dilkpdp » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:58 pm

You will be alright... mine was processed on 9th and dispatched on 19th and received in london 20th. I will suggest wait until 28th nov if no change then apply... I got my visa on 3rd working day back.

rivercam wrote:bizzythekid
mine is processed today, i need to travel on 5th december, what do you sugest? shall i go ahead and apply for visa?
thanks

winchesterguy
Newly Registered

Post by winchesterguy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:03 pm

[quote="dilkpdp"]You will be alright... mine was processed on 9th and dispatched on 19th and received in london 20th. I will suggest wait until 28th nov if no change then apply... I got my visa on 3rd working day back.

[quote="rivercam"]bizzythekid
thanks[/quote][/quote]

Mine was processed on 14th Nov and I still have not seen the status changes on OCI website. foolisly I have sent the documents to embassy to dispatch the OCI card and they returned the document saying the status is still not recieved in London ! I have flight on 5th Dec, and I will apply for tourist visa. I can't rely on these guys.

rivercam

Post by rivercam » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:15 pm

winchesterguy

this is what I received from OCI Team Delhi, again i can't advise to take risk. I will wait until Tuesday and then apply for tourist visa.

Sir

Documents may be dispatched from Delhi and received at London by end of this month.

Regards

OCI Team Delh

newavenues
Newly Registered

OCI Delhi

Post by newavenues » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:11 pm

Hi,

I am in same boat. The processed date is 16 Nov but no update on dispatch from Delhi. I need to travel on 30th Nov. can anyone of you please share the OCI Delhi Email contact and i can see what they say? I might apply for Visa on this monday.

Appreciate any help with this.

Regards
Ash