ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling while Naturalisation application is in process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Manisharnie

Travelling while Naturalisation application is in process

Post by Manisharnie » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:30 pm

Hello ,

I would be applying for British citizenship on 9th Dec 2013 through NCS. I need to fly to outside UK for two weeks in December returning 12 th January.

I have a indefinite leave to remain, I want to know will there be a problem in returning back to UK if my application is approved in the meanwhile?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:38 pm

Why would it be a problem? Even if approved you are not a British citizen until you attend the ceremony (and even if you were a British citizen, this was still not an issue).
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Heisgood

Re: Travelling while Naturalisation application is in proces

Post by Heisgood » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:39 pm

Manisharnie wrote:Hello ,

I would be applying for British citizenship on 9th Dec 2013 through NCS. I need to fly to outside UK for two weeks in December returning 12 th January.

I have a indefinite leave to remain, I want to know will there be a problem in returning back to UK if my application is approved in the meanwhile?
No problem. I travelled a few hours after NCS appointment. In fact, I came back and I am still awaiting approval. If you do get approval in two weeks given the current backlog that will be nothing short of a miracle….but they do happen! Safe journey
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

Manisharnie

Post by Manisharnie » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:22 pm

Thanks guys, Just wanted to be sure to avoid any hassles at the airport.

DarkAristocrat
Newly Registered

Post by DarkAristocrat » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:30 am

Hi,

I am going to apply for Naturalization at the end of July 2014.

I have got a job offer abroad which I have accepted and it will start in June 2014.

I intend to travel there join my new role, travel back on ILR and apply for naturalization, fly back again.

My query is:

1. Will the NCS give me my ILR card along with Passport after photocopying and sending it? As I will need to abroad and back to the UK when my naturalization results come.

2. Does it really matter how many months you are out of the UK after you have applied for the naturalization?

My wife will still be in the Uk and the business set up that I did is still running successfully here in the UK which she is managing now. However, I am the principal applicant.

Please advise.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:16 pm

1. NCS will copy and return all the originals.
2. Once you've applied for naturalization there is no time limit on how long you can be out of UK after that.
I am sometimes wrong.

DarkAristocrat
Newly Registered

Post by DarkAristocrat » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:15 am

Thank you.

adkh2_1

Post by adkh2_1 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:59 pm

Hi Guys,

I am about to apply for Nationality Via the NCS service, now intend to travel during my application is with HO... but i heard from somebody that whilst ur application is with HO ur not allowed to travel...

Please shed some light on this....
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:57 am

This thread says differently so maybe ask this "somebody" why he said that.

The rules are different for visa applications. For naturalisation travel is allowed.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)