ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor Visa - Urgent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Simi UK

Family Visitor Visa - Urgent

Post by Simi UK » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:59 am

Hello everyone, I need help about a family visitor visa application.

My brother is applying for a family visitor visa and he has an appointment tomorrow. He is full time employed and will be sponsoring his visa himself. He had 2.5 lacs in his account as saving and my father gifted him 1 lac for this trip. Does he need to give proofs of my fathers work and designation as well?

My father is not sponsoring him, in the application he mentioned that my father gifted him that amount.

Please reply as soon as possible. This is urgent.

Thanks in advance

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:06 am

It's more to do with strong ties rather than having a pot of money. I think it would be better to ignore the gifted cash asset and, instead, rely on his historical cashflow of regular income from employment.

Simi UK

Post by Simi UK » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:41 pm

Lucapooka wrote:It's more to do with strong ties rather than having a pot of money. I think it would be better to ignore the gifted cash asset and, instead, rely on his historical cashflow of regular income from employment.
What is are the minimum funds you need to have in your account to apply for a family visitor visa?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:00 pm

There isn't a minimum - it's more about being able to afford to a) continue your life in the home country (e.g. make your payments), b) afford the flights and c) afford the expenses for the trip.

And if you are covering expenses for the trip in the UK - then you'll need to provide proof of income/savings to show you can cover it.

M.