ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:27 am

Better safe than sorry.
gryphon wrote:You will have to wait for months to get it out of some countries. Quite often it's multiple countries you are talking about which could be even bigger nightmare. But I agree as be clear and as honest as you can to the best of your knowledge.
ppycrmt wrote:You can obtain immigration history from the immigration office from the country which you visit the most often.

I often fly into Hong Kong, and I obtain immigration history for the past 10 years. Just be as clear and honest as you can.
gryphon wrote:Not sure whether there is any defined way, but the way I've done it on the set LR form is by the entry dates on your destination country. That's the only way unless you managed to save tickets or boarding passes regularly.

I recall from a previous post from a moderator D4109125 (Amber) who suggested that you have to go with the estimates here if you don't have any tickets. Also, SAR doesn't always have the exit dates I think. I may be wrong but in my opinion estimated dates will have to serve here as long as it's not a ridiculous one. I based it on the entry dates on my destination stamp. Not sure if that's right, only time will tell.

Also in set LR they don't have a section on how many days you've been absent they just ask for the dates.

Any Moderators please kindly elaborate on this matter.
ppycrmt wrote:That is the same problem for everyone i think; they don't stamp people when the leave but only when they enter. So you just have to be honest with them on the SET(LR) form (I don't remember but there is a question where they ask the number of numbers you have been absent in the country).

Your docs look fine. You can include bank statements and payslips etc. I only sent my form, Life test, passports, passport photos and BRP.

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:30 am

Not sure whether a common person is allowed to have access to such data given it's confidential nature albeit it's yours. However UKVI should have access to it. So even if there is slight discrepancy (which can happen) on departure date, in theory they should have access to the data that has the actual date. What do you think?
Damanisshallo wrote:
gryphon wrote:Not sure whether there is any defined way, but the way I've done it on the set LR form is by the entry dates on your destination country. That's the only way unless you managed to save tickets or boarding passes regularly.
UKBA eBorders @ Page 3 wrote:The additional data are other passenger information (OPI), which airlines call passenger name record data (PNR). These are details collected for a carrier’s own commercial purposes. They include details such as passenger name, address, telephone numbers, ticketing information and travel itinerary. In practice, these will be data generally held on a carrier’s reservation, departure control or equivalent system. These data will only be required to the extent to which they are known to the carrier (see articles 5(4) and 6(4) of statutory instrument 2008 No 5.)This information need only be provided to the extent to which it is known to the carrier regardless of when it is requested.
Gryphon

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:50 am

Also from the set LR guidance this is what I found. May be helpful:

"Calculating absence from the UK
You must check carefully:
 information on the application form
 any UK exit and entry stamps in the passports
 the landing cards section on warehouse to confirm when the applicant entered the UK.
You must be satisfied there is enough evidence to show the applicant has been in the UK continuously for 10 years required under the rules."
gryphon wrote:Not sure whether a common person is allowed to have access to such data given it's confidential nature albeit it's yours. However UKVI should have access to it. So even if there is slight discrepancy (which can happen) on departure date, in theory they should have access to the data that has the actual date. What do you think?
Damanisshallo wrote:
UKBA eBorders @ Page 3 wrote:The additional data are other passenger information (OPI), which airlines call passenger name record data (PNR). These are details collected for a carrier’s own commercial purposes. They include details such as passenger name, address, telephone numbers, ticketing information and travel itinerary. In practice, these will be data generally held on a carrier’s reservation, departure control or equivalent system. These data will only be required to the extent to which they are known to the carrier (see articles 5(4) and 6(4) of statutory instrument 2008 No 5.)This information need only be provided to the extent to which it is known to the carrier regardless of when it is requested.
Gryphon

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:36 pm

August applicant , you can start checking post now as 31 July applicants got visa.

ankit_30
Newly Registered

dependent visa

Post by ankit_30 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:53 pm

hello Guys

i will be applying for my 10 yrs long residency in feb 2014.

right now i am on tier1 general visa, my question is when can my wife apply for her indefinite visa or she will have to apply for 2 yrs visa.. she has been on tier1 general dependent since 3 years, so can she directly apply for her indefinite once i have received mine?

TheDevil
Newly Registered

Finally... after a lot of patience!

Post by TheDevil » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:01 pm

Yep! Indeed well received both approval letter and Biometric card today 22/11/13.

Over the moon.... :lol:

APPLICATION SENT - 08/07/2013
BIOMETRIC DONE - 22/07/2013
Indefinite approval letter - 20/11/2013
Passport & Documents - 22/11/2013
BRP - 22/11/2013

Congrats to all those who have received and Good luck to those waiting... The reward is worth the wait!!

Thank you for all the support. I have been a "minute by minute" active reader of this forum.

Cheers

maphubs
Newly Registered

Post by maphubs » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:10 pm

I submitted my case on 31st July 2013 and got approved too a bit early. Just wanted to to clarify here that I first try to expedite my case by written request and then second time I ask on phone to Home Office (HO) representative to take early decision. However, you are right to say generally that soon it will be August applicant but I bear in mind I pushed HO a bit to take early decision or consider taking early decision!

Best of luck!
esmsi wrote:August applicant , you can start checking post now as 31 July applicants got visa.

aztec1032

Re: dependent visa

Post by aztec1032 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:56 pm

ankit_30 wrote:hello Guys

i will be applying for my 10 yrs long residency in feb 2014.

right now i am on tier1 general visa, my question is when can my wife apply for her indefinite visa or she will have to apply for 2 yrs visa.. she has been on tier1 general dependent since 3 years, so can she directly apply for her indefinite once i have received mine?
Hello Ankit .. I had similar situation like yours and here is my findings from Gurus/Moderators such as Amber & Damanisshallo along with some financial analysis ..

[http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=150680]

Hope it helps ..

rsb68

Over 18 son set f

Post by rsb68 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:47 pm

Hi to Damanisshallo,
I came in uk in November 2003 as student.My wife and two children join me in July 2007.04July 08 I got IGS and extend for a year PSW .05 February 2010 I got tier 1 general visa for thee years.January I got two year extension till 05 February 2015.My wife and children every time extended visa with me as dependent.But now I have applied for ILR

Damanisshallo thanks for last reply please reply for below as well

I left one doubt regarding my son over 18.
Can I apply for him directly on set (F) .
Or first he need to use FLR (m) to switch and then use set(f) for ilr.please clarify.
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by rsb68 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SleeplessGreen
Newly Registered

Post by SleeplessGreen » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:05 pm

Been following this topic silently since I sent out my application.
Finally registered today in order to post my result.

Application posted/received: 30/31 July 2013
Biometric Invitation Letter received: 19 Aug 2013
Biometric enrolled: 19 Aug 2013
ILR Approval Letter date: 20 Nov 2013
BRP Issue date: 20 Nov 2013
BRP and ILR letter (Passport+documents) received: 22 Nov 2013

No gap; straightforward case: 6 yr student visa + 2 yr PSW + 2 yr work permit, thought I still applied through solicitors just to be on the safe side.

Good luck to all of you still waiting.

Mess
Newly Registered

updated

Post by Mess » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:22 pm

SleeplessGreen wrote:Been following this topic silently since I sent out my application.

No gap; straightforward case: 6 yr student visa + 2 yr PSW + 2 yr work permit, thought I still applied through solicitors just to be on the safe side.

Mess
Newly Registered

Re: updated

Post by Mess » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:24 pm

Mess wrote:
SleeplessGreen wrote:Been following this topic silently since I sent out my application.

Lalla
Newly Registered

Post by Lalla » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:49 pm

CONGRATS

Lalla
Newly Registered

Re: Finally... after a lot of patience!

Post by Lalla » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:50 pm

TheDevil wrote:Yep! Indeed well received both approval letter and Biometric card today 22/11/13.

BRP - 22/11/2013

Congrats to all those who have received and Good luck to those waiting... The reward is worth the wait!!

Thank you for all the support. I have been a "minute by minute" active reader of this forum.

Cheers
CONGRATS

ruhulm
Newly Registered

Post by ruhulm » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:04 pm

HI EVERYONE,
I WAS A REGULAR SILENT READER OF THIS FORUM.

REPOST

APPLICATION SENT: 22/07/13
BIOMETRIC ENROLLED : 08/08/13
BRP CARD ISSUED 19/11/13
BRP CARD RECEIVED :21/11/13
APPROVAL LETTER AND PASSPORT: 22/11/13

TOTAL TIME 4 MONTHS

STUDENT: 7.6YR, PSW : 2YR, T1 ENT 6M

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WHO IS WAITING

abyan
Newly Registered

congrats

Post by abyan » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:22 pm

Congrats

vaz
Newly Registered

Post by vaz » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:34 pm

Which country do you travel to??? they mite have entered you in electronically

gryphon wrote:@D4109125, Casa or any other moderators please shed some light on this topic. It is quite tricky.
gryphon wrote:You will have to wait for months to get it out of some countries. Quite often it's multiple countries you are talking about which could be even bigger nightmare. But I agree as be clear and as honest as you can to the best of your knowledge.
ppycrmt wrote:You can obtain immigration history from the immigration office from the country which you visit the most often.

I often fly into Hong Kong, and I obtain immigration history for the past 10 years. Just be as clear and honest as you can.

I recall from a previous post from a moderator D4109125 (Amber) who suggested that you have to go with the estimates here if you don't have any tickets. Also, SAR doesn't always have the exit dates I think. I may be wrong but in my opinion estimated dates will have to serve here as long as it's not a ridiculous one. I based it on the entry dates on my destination stamp. Not sure if that's right, only time will tell.

Also in set LR they don't have a section on how many days you've been absent they just ask for the dates.

Any Moderators please kindly elaborate on this matter.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:09 pm

TheDevil wrote:Yep! Indeed well received both approval letter and Biometric card today 22/11/13.

BRP - 22/11/2013

Cheers
Hi Congratulation on your freedom, just need your prayers, waiting from Oct 2012, just called to check progress on my application been told it is under consideration.
Please keep me in your prayers guys.
Regards
Amjad Leeds

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:22 pm

I just don't understand why yours is taking so long.

What is your story?
amjadleeds wrote:

BRP - 22/11/2013

Cheers
Hi Congratulation on your freedom, just need your prayers, waiting from Oct 2012, just called to check progress on my application been told it is under consideration.
Please keep me in your prayers guys.
Regards
Amjad Leeds

arashmg
Newly Registered

Post by arashmg » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:08 pm

Hi, I have two questions regarding my application:
a) can I fill the form using pdf filler or it must be filled with a pen manually?
b) For my absences from UK, I have two entry stamps (to other countries) missing from my passports (I have all my passports covering 10 years). I have the email copy of my tickets, would they be sufficient to as the proof?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:02 pm

arashmg wrote:Hi, I have two questions regarding my application:
a) can I fill the form using pdf filler or it must be filled with a pen manually?
b) For my absences from UK, I have two entry stamps (to other countries) missing from my passports (I have all my passports covering 10 years). I have the email copy of my tickets, would they be sufficient to as the proof?

a) YES

b) Yes as long as you actually flew on the dates shown on tickets.

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:47 am

It has to be a written application!

arashmg
Newly Registered

Post by arashmg » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:00 am

Thanks. I think I will just complete it manually to be on the safe side.

My real worry is the missing stamps from my passport. Should I send my email (ryanair) tickets only as supporting document or do I need to send the additional documents listed in the last section e.g. utility bills etc too?

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:40 pm

ppycrmt wrote:It has to be a written application!

ppycrmt

i have used pdf filler for the last 2 applications over 3 years to UKBA with no issues whatsoever

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:46 pm

arashmg wrote:Thanks. I think I will just complete it manually to be on the safe side.

My real worry is the missing stamps from my passport. Should I send my email (ryanair) tickets only as supporting document or do I need to send the additional documents listed in the last section e.g. utility bills etc too?
if you have passports that cover 10 years duration (on visa stamps) then you dont need to send utility bills etc. as these are needed for people who dont have passports that cover 10 year period.