ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driving Conviction.(urgent)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Driving Conviction.(urgent)

Post by sufferhead » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:46 pm

Please forumist.
I need a quick answer to this .
Can somebody convicted (fined by Court for £450) for Non Custodian Sentence for Driving without Full Driving Licence in September 2011 apply for ILR now.
Just want be 100% sure before telling a friend to go ahead with his application. It seems the Rules change sometime in December 2012.
nothing united in United Nation.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:21 pm

Yes as 24 months has lapsed, the conviction must still be declared.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Shemimimummy
Newly Registered

Re: Driving Conviction.(urgent)

Post by Shemimimummy » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:52 pm

Hi there,

I'm still a bit new to this forum so please forgive me for not knowing the abbreviations and terms. I've read through other posts but have a specific question about convictions.

My husband is applying for settlement in UK from his residence of Jamaica. He was in the UK in 2002-2004 and was convicted of driving without a license and was refused a further visiting visa in 2009 because of it. They say he has used another identity. I've been advised to get a CRB done and explain that it was 10 years ago and he has changed since.

He was also convicted of a miscellaneous offense in Miami 2005 for possession of cannabis, and I've been advised by legal advisers not to declare this offense on the application form.

I would just like to know if what I've been advised is the way to go as every legal adviser i speak to gives me conflicting info.