ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BHC mumbai - Settlement visa application tips..

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

May
Newly Registered

BHC mumbai - Settlement visa application tips..

Post by May » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:10 pm

I would be keen to share my experience / tips with anyone applying thorugh VFS in India for a settlement visa if it would help.

I travellled to Mumbai on the 19th of May, got married on the 21st , applied for my wifes visa on the 24th and her visa was approved in 2 days. She then had to do the mandatory medical tests which takes 12 days of course. She picked up her visa and our documents from the vfs office in mumbai on monday.

This site helped me prepare and i think i owe it to others to share the experience too.

jamalkhan

Post by jamalkhan » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:10 pm

Dude you should Thank GOD for this and enjoy your life.
People here on this board have been waiting months to hear etc
Big Congratulations

synapse321
Newly Registered

Evidence

Post by synapse321 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:55 am

What did you include in your portfolio?

May
Newly Registered

Post by May » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:33 am

Everything required and more. We had a stack of overwhelming evidence to prove our relationship through the years we have known each other . We also each had a 1 page cover letter summarising how we had met and kept in touch through the years. We were not called for an interview.

You can track the progress of the application on line through the VFS site. The application fee is now 42500 rupees (about £500 ). I paid 45000 some 4 weeks ago

List
marriage certificate
Copy of my expired and current passport - all 36 pages of each to show i had been to india to see her some 5 times.
Itemised mobile phone bills - mine and hers
Some emails through the four or five years we had known each other showing how we relate and communicate daily.
Cards and letters.
Financial details - payslips for 6 months, P60s and my bank statements for 6 months (i was actually overdrawn for 5 or the six months in my current account and i had no savings!)
Utility bills
House details
Employment details
Her current passport showed all the times she has been to the uk to see me
Her previous passport showing previous trips to the uk and elsewhere
Her postgraduate degree certificates from uk universities
Details of her earnings and investments in india

The list does go on but these are the key things i can remember. You dont have to meet every single requirement, you just have to be able to satisfactorily prove that the relationship is legit. I guess the fact that she is educated and would easily find a job in the uk did help too.

synapse321
Newly Registered

Post by synapse321 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:46 am

Out of interest did you apply online or did you do complete a hard copy of the application form?

I have heard of the vfs site but can't seem to find a working link for it. Do you care to post a link to that site?

Thanks

May
Newly Registered

Post by May » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:39 pm

We completed a VAF2 form we had obtained off the bhc india wesite and submitted it with all the supporting docs at the vfs office.

Links to the british high commission india and vfs sites are attached. Applications can be tracked on the vfs site..

http://www.vfs-uk.co.in/index.aspx

http://www.britishhighcommission.gov.uk ... 1827277310

synapse321
Newly Registered

Post by synapse321 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:22 pm

Was your partner finger printed and iris scanned?

May
Newly Registered

Post by May » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:49 pm

No she wasnt. She was only required to do an x ray and blood test.