ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rivercam

Post by rivercam » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:08 pm

oci delhi contact

shettybn@nic.in

bizzythekid
Newly Registered

Post by bizzythekid » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:26 pm

rivercam wrote:winchesterguy

this is what I received from OCI Team Delhi, again i can't advise to take risk. I will wait until Tuesday and then apply for tourist visa.

Sir

Documents may be dispatched from Delhi and received at London by end of this month.

Regards

OCI Team Delh
for those who got a processing date in November, its unlikely that the OCI will come this month. most likely mid/end of December.

i only say this as one of my OCI applications took 5 weeks to move from processing to printing stage. and has been in printing for 7 days!! and still is. printing to delivery to london normally days 3 working days MAX.

they got a high number of applicants. delivery times will be MUCH much longer by the looks of it.

bizzythekid
Newly Registered

Post by bizzythekid » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:30 pm

rivercam wrote:bizzythekid
After it got processed on 16th november for yours, any update on dispatch etc?
mine is processed today, i need to travel on 5th december, what do you sugest? shall i go ahead and apply for visa?
thanks
mine was processed on the 10th October. and Went to printing 16th of November. and is still on printing.

rivercam

Post by rivercam » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:11 pm

bizzythekid

confused, what is printing stage? my status say processed on 21st november with oci numbe rAXXXXXX and all i can see dispatch from delhi and arrival at london fields empty .
i applied in person london on 22nd october.

newavenues
Newly Registered

Post by newavenues » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:44 pm

Thanks rivercam.

Anyone with processed date of 16 Nov and documents already dispatched from Delhi?

fedupwithOCI
Newly Registered

OCI printed on 14-Nov-2013, but not dispatched to date

Post by fedupwithOCI » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:40 am

Hi Anyone who cares to read,

I submitted OCI application for self & wife on 3 Oct 2013. Status moved to "Documents Printing Status PROCESSED ON 14-NOV-2013", but no dispatch status after that date. Info from the status tracker site:

Date Of Acknowledgment 03-OCT-2013
Registration Status at Mission SYDNEY
OCI- Number ????????
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 14-NOV-2013
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On
Document received At SYDNEY On

Is anyone on the same boat? Did anyone who submitted their application around 3/10/13 get OCI or at least dispatched status?

Thanks.

fedupwithOCI
Newly Registered

Post by fedupwithOCI » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:59 am

winchesterguy wrote:
dilkpdp wrote:You will be alright... mine was processed on 9th and dispatched on 19th and received in london 20th. I will suggest wait until 28th nov if no change then apply... I got my visa on 3rd working day back.

rivercam wrote:bizzythekid
After it got processed on 16th november for yours, any update on dispatch etc?
mine is processed today, i need to travel on 5th december, what do you sugest? shall i go ahead and apply for visa?
thanks
Mine was processed on 14th Nov and I still have not seen the status changes on OCI website. foolisly I have sent the documents to embassy to dispatch the OCI card and they returned the document saying the status is still not recieved in London ! I have flight on 5th Dec, and I will apply for tourist visa. I can't rely on these guys.
Hi Winchesterguy,

I think we are on the same boat. I wrote to Shetty @ shettybn@nic.in on 20 Nov and he replied saying dispatch may be by the end of the week (week ending 22 Nov Fri). Today 23 Nov, there was no dispatch status, so I wrote again to Mr. Shetty today and he replied dispatch likely next week. I have booked tickets on 15 Dec. These Delhi babus are useless and I know the next week will never come, so I'm going to apply for a visa. Please keep me posted on status updates that you receive. Our locations are different, though.

Thanks.

rambharose
Newly Registered

Re: OCI printed on 14-Nov-2013, but not dispatched to date

Post by rambharose » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:02 am

Mine took 10 days for status to change from PROCESSED to Dispatched from MOIA and I know 2 other guys on this forum for them it also took 10 days. So I guess within 2-3 days it should update. My dates were

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 09-NOV-2013
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 19-NOV-2013

fedupwithOCI wrote:Hi Anyone who cares to read,

I submitted OCI application for self & wife on 3 Oct 2013. Status moved to "Documents Printing Status PROCESSED ON 14-NOV-2013", but no dispatch status after that date. Info from the status tracker site:

OCI- Number ????????
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On

Is anyone on the same boat? Did anyone who submitted their application around 3/10/13 get OCI or at least dispatched status?

Thanks.

rambharose
Newly Registered

Re: My Status

Post by rambharose » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:16 am

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 09-NOV-2013
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 19-NOV-2013
Received at London - 20-NOV-2013
Collected from LONDON Office - 22-NOV-2013

I reached London office at 11:00am, there was no one in a queue, submitted by passport and OCI status printout, lady gave me a token. Came back at 15:30 there were around 15-20 people before me in a queue, stood in a queue, counter opened at 16:30 and I got my passport and OCI booklet within 10 mints of it.

Thanks Guys
rambharose wrote:Congratulations guys... Mine updated too :)
ohell wrote:Congratulations! Mine too.

Funnily enough, I had sent an email yesterday, and got this reply:
Sir

Documents may be dispatched from Delhi by the end of this week.

Regards

OCI Unit Delhi
dilkpdp wrote:I have applied visa today and can see that document dispatch today from delhi
:lol: :oops:
rambharose wrote::( Unfortunately no update yet ..

fedupwithOCI
Newly Registered

Post by fedupwithOCI » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:26 am

Hi rambharose,

You have given me some hope, but the people at OCI are very lazy and unreliable. So, keeping fingers crossed. You have a happy trip to India unlike your OCI experience.

fedupwithOCI
Newly Registered

Re: OCI Timeline

Post by fedupwithOCI » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:19 pm

AmitP wrote:After some delay, it seems that things have started moving. My timeline is:

Registration Status at Mission LONDON

OCI- Number A********

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 11-NOV-2013

Dispatched From MOIA (OCI )NEW DELHI On WAITING

Document received At LONDON On WAITING

Hopefully it will be here soon!
Hi AmitP,

Any status update on dispatch of ur OCI. My OCI was processed on 14-Nov-2013.

hanifm24
Newly Registered

Post by hanifm24 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:04 pm

bizzythekid wrote:
rivercam wrote:winchesterguy

this is what I received from OCI Team Delhi, again i can't advise to take risk. I will wait until Tuesday and then apply for tourist visa.

Sir

Documents may be dispatched from Delhi and received at London by end of this month.

Regards

OCI Team Delh
for those who got a processing date in November, its unlikely that the OCI will come this month. most likely mid/end of December.

i only say this as one of my OCI applications took 5 weeks to move from processing to printing stage. and has been in printing for 7 days!! and still is. printing to delivery to london normally days 3 working days MAX.

they got a high number of applicants. delivery times will be MUCH much longer by the looks of it.
Well I think you should an update by monday

winchesterguy
Newly Registered

Post by winchesterguy » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:29 pm

I have checked the website and it says
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 23-NOV-2013

Now I am not sure by Monday they will update it as it has been recieved in London.Keeping my fingers crossed!

Guys finally it's been recived today by London Mission. I can't believe my eyes!

Thanks a lot for your support
Last edited by winchesterguy on Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hanifm24
Newly Registered

Post by hanifm24 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:38 pm

winchesterguy wrote:I have checked the website and it says

Now I am not sure by Monday they will update it as it has been recieved in London.Keeping my fingers crossed!
Sometime u cant see update on same day if you see update for london it show you monday date, I pray you get it as soon as possible

winchesterguy
Newly Registered

Post by winchesterguy » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:03 pm

[quote="hanifm24"][quote="winchesterguy"]I have checked the website and it says

Now I am not sure by Monday they will update it as it has been recieved in London.Keeping my fingers crossed![/quote]

Sometime u cant see update on same day if you see update for london it show you monday date, I pray you get it as soon as possible[/quote]

Thanks buddy. I hope it should be smooth enough and Tuesday I can go and snatch the embassy!!!

fedupwithOCI
Newly Registered

Post by fedupwithOCI » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:13 pm

Checked my status today. It says dispatched on 23-NOV-2013, but still there is some distance to go. It has to reach Sydney and then I have to submit my passport. They will take at least a week to return the passport with OCI sticker. Still keeping fingers crossed. Thanks for all that have provided updates.

hanifm24
Newly Registered

Re: Documents Printing Status - UNDER-PROCESS

Post by hanifm24 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:48 pm

shanshan9 wrote:Submitted in London (in Person)
Date Of Acknowledgment 23-OCT-2013
Documents Printing Status UNDER-PROCESS
Did u get any status change if yes whats your present oci status

shanshan9
Newly Registered

current OCI status

Post by shanshan9 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:34 pm

Submitted in London (in Person)
Documents Printing Status 22-NOV-2013
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On - (no date)
Document received At LONDON On - (no date)

hanifm24
Newly Registered

Re: current OCI status

Post by hanifm24 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:45 pm

shanshan9 wrote:Submitted in London (in Person)
Documents Printing Status 22-NOV-2013
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On - (no date)
Document received At LONDON On - (no date)
I think you will get it by 3rd december

varadash
Newly Registered

Post by varadash » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:56 pm

fedupwithOCI wrote:

Checked my status today. It says dispatched on 23-NOV-2013, but still there is some distance to go. It has to reach Sydney and then I have to submit my passport. They will take at least a week to return the passport with OCI sticker. Still keeping fingers crossed. Thanks for all that have provided updates.
Hi,
Same here, I hope they will update in sydney today

Applied on 03 OCT
Processed on 14 NOv
Wating to receive in sydney

fedupwithOCI
Newly Registered

Post by fedupwithOCI » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:18 pm

varadash wrote:
fedupwithOCI wrote:

Hi,
Same here, I hope they will update in sydney today

Applied on 03 OCT
Processed on 14 NOv
Wating to receive in sydney
Hi varadash,

Keep me posted of any updates. Good to see someone from OZ in this forum.

sarad
Newly Registered

OCI

Post by sarad » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:13 am

Dear All,
I've applied for OCI in person at HCI London on 25/10/13. I am travelling to India on 12th Dec. I informed the Passport Officer about my travel plan and she said it's no issue as I should get my OCI stamped in maximum 5 weeks.

After 4 weeks of applying, status changed to "Processed" on 23rd Nov 13.

Need your help/guidance about:
a. What are my chances of getting my OCI stamped before 11th Dec?
b. What are the next steps after processed and how many days these steps are likely to take
c. Should I apply for entry/visitor visa assuming OCI will not be available between now and 11th?

Best Regards
Sarad

fedupwithOCI
Newly Registered

Re: OCI

Post by fedupwithOCI » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:58 am

sarad wrote:Dear All,
I've applied for OCI in person at HCI London on 25/10/13. I am travelling to India on 12th Dec. I informed the Passport Officer about my travel plan and she said it's no issue as I should get my OCI stamped in maximum 5 weeks.

After 4 weeks of applying, status changed to "Processed" on 23rd Nov 13.

Need your help/guidance about:
a. What are my chances of getting my OCI stamped before 11th Dec?
b. What are the next steps after processed and how many days these steps are likely to take
c. Should I apply for entry/visitor visa assuming OCI will not be available between now and 11th?

Best Regards
Sarad
Hi Sarad,

See my updates below:

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2013 20:40 Post subject: OCI printed on 14-Nov-2013, but not dispatched to date Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
Hi Anyone who cares to read,

OCI- Number ????????

I applied from Sydney. There seems to be a 9-10 delay between documents printing/processing to dispatch. There are at least 3 ppl whose docs were processed on 9 Nov and dispatched on 19 Nov and at least a couple of ppl processed on 14 Nov and dispatched on 23 Nov. So, I believe yours shld be dispatched around 2/3rd Dec. I am not sure of delivery times to London. Many in the forum have said they received it in London the next day. I think there is still a good chance you will get it b4 11th, but you never know; better be safe than sorry. Hope this helps.

sarad
Newly Registered

OCI

Post by sarad » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:40 pm

Thanks, fedupwithOCI.

Hoping for the best. Will wait till 03rd Dec for OCI status to change to Document received from Delhi.

If not apply for entry visa on 04th Dec. Hoping that gets to me in a week (11th Dec latest).

Best Regards
Sarad

helen12
Newly Registered

PIO Application

Post by helen12 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:37 pm

I decided to apply for PIO card instead of OCI. I wanted to post my application to Edinburgh, but decided to go in person and was fortunate that I decided to go in person.

For 217 pounds, Edinburgh needs two postal orders, one for 215 and one for £2...

He found two more mistakes...finally could submit my application after one hour (AFTER getting some additional documents as well, for address proof)...

If I had sent it by post, I think it would have taken four months for my application...

Anyway, application is now submitted, hope for the best....