ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong Place of birth in Driver License

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

femi_4_u
Newly Registered

Wrong Place of birth in Driver License

Post by femi_4_u » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:26 pm

Last week Thursday I applied for Naturalization using NCS. I submitted all documents they also asked for my drivers license and made a photocopy. I was looking at my drivers license today and saw that the place of birth was united kingdom.

I recently changed my address as I move home. My old driving license had the correct place of birth. I called dvla today and they ask me to send the drivers license back and also the copy of my old drivers license.

Should I write to home office about the dvla mistake on my place of birth in my driving license or wait till DVLA send a new drivers license and send the new one to Home office. Or the place of birth on my license shouldn't matter? As part of the application I sent copy of my passport, ILR card and marriage certificate which has the correct place of birth. Please help as I am confuse right now.

femi_4_u
Newly Registered

Post by femi_4_u » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:20 am

Please can someone reply. I need help as I am confuse right now.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:52 am

I don't think this should be an issue. The HO is not looking for place of birth in your licence. They take that from your passport/ application form.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

femi_4_u
Newly Registered

Post by femi_4_u » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:43 am

@Jumbo
I don't think this should be an issue. The HO is not looking for place of birth in your licence. They take that from your passport/ application form.
Thanks for the reply. Do you think I need to contact home office?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:28 pm

I would not bother.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:29 pm

home office will contact you if they need clarification. if you send an unsolicited letter, it will either get lost in the system, or delay your application.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

femi_4_u
Newly Registered

Post by femi_4_u » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:30 am

@ wpilr_nov12
home office will contact you if they need clarification. if you send an unsolicited letter, it will either get lost in the system, or delay your application.
Thanks for the post.

geemo

Re: Wrong Place of birth in Driver License

Post by geemo » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:05 am

Did the dvla ever send you a new licence?